Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Was it real?

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well. This is my first post and I have been a lurker for a while before I decided to join. I initially found the forums as me and my son has purchased crystal pendulums and I wanted to learn how to use them properly. However this post is on a different subject altogether.

I was really close to my granny, although I wasn’t her first grandchild ( I was the second or third oldest although I’m not close to my cousins). She practically bought us up and lived with us at one point. I was quite naughty as a child and it wasn’t until I was 8 or 9 years old that I started to appreciate her. By the time I reached my late teens, regretfully I drifted away from her. Finding my own feet, I didn’t time for my little granny. Even by 20 when I had my son, my granny called twice a week or more to have a chat and see how I was doing, every time before we hung up, I always said I will call her when I’m free, I will visit her when I’m free and regretfully, I never did- I did visit but not as often as I should have done.

When my son was 7 months, she called me and said she misses me, I said I will call her back, I didn’t and she went into hospital by the end of the week. By the time I got to her, she was in a coma, I said what I said, I told her to wake up knowing full well deep down, that she won’t, the nurse said they were waiting for her to pass. There were tears mine and hers. I knew she could hear me. By the time I left it was past 11pm, she left us at 3am. I do believe she waited for me before she crossed.

Chinese tradition says that your loved ones will come and visit after 7 days of their passing, for those 7 days, I waited and I told her I was waiting, out loud, in my head, I was repeating it. After 7 days nothing, after 8 days nothing. Almost 10 days, and she came to me, in a dream, just before her funeral. Another regret of mine was seeing her in the coffin, the directors were saying that we’re not allowed to touch. I did anyway, she was so cold and it was just a shell. I didn’t do much crying at her funeral as I felt that she wasn’t there because I saw her coffin and she wasn’t there, it wasn’t her.

In this dream, I went through this doorway from a dark corridor, it was a heavy door and I opened it to find my gran sitting at this table that stretched for miles. We were outside, sky was blue with a few clouds and it wasn’t cold but it wasn’t hot either, I don’t remember seeing the sun. My granny sat on once side of the table, wearing what she would normally wear and looking like her normal self with her false teeth and she looked happy. We chatted as she was drinking Chinese tea, there was a spare cup for me, and I wanted to pour some for myself but she said no, it’s not for me. We talked about life and caught up, I apologised for not visiting her and she said how proud she was of me. When it was time to go, the sky was getting dark, I was going to jump over the table to give her a hug and she said no, its not my time to cross, so I held her hand, said our goodbyes and I walked towards the door.

She didn’t visit me again after that, that was the first and last time. 16 years later and I still miss her, still regretful that I didn’t cherish her and visit her and call her. I miss her so much that writing this makes me cry.
I see little granny’s about and always double take as they look really similar.

My question is, was this dream real? Or did I make it up because I missed her so much and I willed her to come and visit me? How can I make it happen again? No matter how much a willed her after this dream, it didn’t happen. Any input, opinions and points of views is much much appreciated.

Thanks for reading, just a girl missing her granny x
Old 05-10-2018, 11:53 PM
Knower

Hi L,

I can't tell you whether what you experienced was real. I'm sure that some people would say yes while some would say no.

What I can tell you is that I truly believe that we can be visited while we sleep. I had a visit with my grandmother the night that she went unconscious. I woke at three in the morning after my grandmother appeared in my dreams. She was dressed in her travelling suite and had a suitcase and said she's was leaving and wanted to say goodbye. I woke to that crying and the next day I heard that my grandmother did slip into unresponsiveness at 3 a.m. that day. Her body shut down two days later but I was sure she was gone, off on her next adventure.

Another dream I had was my sister. I desperately miss my sister and typing this makes me cry as well (10 years). But a few years after she died, I had a dream about her. She had let her hair go silver (she was a stickler in life about it being blonde) and was beautiful. I had never seen her other than a blonde and this is the reason I believe the dream to be a visit. My mind would never have picture her that way.

So... I can't tell you with all certainty that this was real. But I can tell you from my own experience that it definitely could be and it's ok for you to believe it to be.

<3
Old 06-10-2018, 02:20 AM
Newbie ;)

The dream was certainly real. Unless you are lucid dreaming, I don't think people can generate their own dreams. Your waking life and conscious thoughts and feelings do influence your dreams, especially when a highly emotionally taxing event occurs, so I'm not surprised you had this dream. Whenever a pet of mine has passed, I have always been visited by them the night after their passing (even happened when my brother's rat passed, and I think it was because he was in my care at the time). All of these times, the animals came to thank me for my love and care in a non-verbal way (an exchange of energy thoughts).

You could try and visit her again if you lucid dream, and possibly astral project. Lucid dreaming can come easy to some people once they get the hang of it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. To achieve lucid dreaming, the best place to start is keeping a dream journal. Whenever you remember your dreams, give them a name (like an object or event that especially stuck out to you) and write them down in as much detail as you possibly can. This will give your brain a memory work-out, and you will have better chances at recalling your dreams, and help your dreams become more vivid. In the mean time, you can practice 'reality checks' (making sure you are actually awake and not dreaming). My favorite and most successful methods are Time Checking and Finger Counting. Time checking is when you look at a clock, take note of what time it is, then look away for a moment, and look back at the clock. If time has stayed the same, you are awake. If it has changed dramatically within that moment, you are dreaming and will typically become lucid within the dream and can therefore control it and see your grandmother again. The Finger Counting method is when you count your fingers and make sure they are all there, and make sure there is nothing weird about them. If they seem disproportionate, fuzzy, blurry, etc. anything strange, then you are dreaming.

There are many other methods you can research, but I suggest starting with keeping a dream journal if you decide to take this route.

Good luck!
Old 06-10-2018, 05:19 AM
Master

A more reliable way of achieving altered states of consciousness, as lucid dreaming, astral projection, remote viewing, clairvoyance, etc., is self-hypnosis.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi all

Thanks you for your comforting words and reassurance Empowers. I’m sorry for the loss of your Sister and Grandmother. I believe it to be a visit and I feel now that its been confirmed and validated. It makes me feel better. <3

Thanks for your tips @ RavenWine and Invalan.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Guide

It was real! I lost my beloved grandfather almost three years ago. He was unresponsive in his final hours but my whole family was there to say their goodbyes. When it was my turn to kneel next to his bed I whispered in his ear that it was ok to pass, and that we will see each other again...in that moment he shed a tear. The night he died I was woken at about 3 am by our apartment buildings fire alarm, so my husband and I jumped in the car and sat in the lot next door because it was a cold night. Frank Sinatra's "Angel Eyes" song was on the radio in the car, and I thought oh Pop loves Sinatra! In that moment my brother called shortly after 3am to tell me Pop had died. The alarm and the song on at the time of his passing was no coincidence.

Pop has visited me in my dreams many times over the last few years since he passed. One dream he hugged me and I could smell the after shower body powder he used! He doesn't talk to me in these dreams, but he either gives me a hug or a big smile like he always did. Just a few weeks ago Pop came in my dream and made the "time out" sign with his hands like a referee would at a ball game. The next morning I learned both of my parents fell and my grandma (Pop's wife) had been crying on the phone to my mom after she had a few drinks. I guess Pop was warning me in my dream that things were in bad shape with my parents and grandma.

I really could go on and on about all the little ways Pop has contacted me since his passing but I don't want to bore you, however I will share a cool technique that may help you get a sign from your grandma...

I listened to an interview with a psychic medium on a radio show. The medium guided us through a very simple meditation, something like: picture your loved one, feel what it felt like to be in their presence when they were alive, hear their laugh, see their smile, really feel into what it felt like to be in their presence and picture them. Next, think of an item or something that is associated with them, and within the next 24 hours you will be shown that item.

The medium speaking in this interview did this guided, brief meditation for the audience at an on stage event in the past and said that after the meditation concluded, one audience member was in disbelief that this exercise would work...she had thought of her late father and pictured boxing gloves as the item she would associate with him, as her father loved boxing. She whispered to her friend next to her, come on, when am I going to be shown boxing gloves?! In disbelief. After the event everyone got out of their seats to leave and this woman in disbelief was tapped on the shoulder by the lady sitting behind her, she had dropped her keys and asked her if she could reach under her seat...guess what, the lady's keys had a boxing glove keychain on it!

I did this exercise on my own twice while thinking of my Pop, and both times I was shown the item I associated with him within that same day!

It takes a lot of energy for those on the other side to manifest, perhaps unless we naturally have the ability to see apparitions. In my opinion and based on my experiences, my dream state is the easiest time for someone who has passed to get in contact with you. To me, these aren't dreams, they are more like visits...and my Pop is not the only one to visit me....my husband's grandfather whom I'd never met came to me in a dream, along with many others in my life who had passed, old high school friends, my friend's father, ex boss's first love who passed maybe fifteen years before I even began working for her...crazy right? So to me this is proof that we have the ability to receive messages and communicate when our guard is down in our sleep...for me anyway. It has become too common for me to disregard as "just a dream", so now I've accepted that I have this ability of sorts. I believe we all do, it's just a matter of trusting your intuition.
Old 27-11-2018, 04:19 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
A more reliable way of achieving altered states of consciousness, as lucid dreaming, astral projection, remote viewing, clairvoyance, etc., is self-hypnosis.

I'm a bit worried about hijacking the thread with my question. But I just have to ask.... I've done a LOT of meditating in my life, since I was 16. For whatever reason I started meditating before I knew about it, nor had any training on it. However, I've tried many self-hypnosis videos on You Tube, but I don't think I've ever gotten to that hypnotic trance state. I get very relaxed, I may even see some imagery, but it's always unrelated... more like day dreaming. I get to a dream like state. What am I missing here in my understanding. Am I doing self-hypnosis wrong? I meditate pretty easily, but it does seem like a bit of a different beast, as far as I can tell. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 27-11-2018, 05:59 AM
Master

Self-hypnosis means to get into a light trance. You don't need to go deeper than low alpha waves. You don't feel the trance, just as a deep relaxation, but the physical world around fades somewhat, and you can give suggestions to your subconscious, can regress in time, including past lives, can ask for guidance from a higher guide, ... All / most of these could be achieved through meditation too, but you can achieve them faster through self-hypnosis.

On a recent thread the OP described some of their experiences with self- and hetero-hypnosis, and suggested a hypnotist's site that I browsed a little, and seems to provide useful information: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=126306
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 27-11-2018, 06:03 AM
Knower

Thanks, Inavalan! I will read into it. I get to that relaxed state, I just don't see anything related to past lives, when I do guided past life self-hypnosis. Perhaps I could find better content.
Old 27-11-2018, 06:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convolution
Thanks, Inavalan! I will read into it. I get to that relaxed state, I just don't see anything related to past lives, when I do guided past life self-hypnosis. Perhaps I could find better content.

Try giving yourself commands as hypnotists do when they regress somebody. Use similar wording, count down, or up, etc.. You can find that on youtube (e.g. Brian Weiss', and other Newton followers), or even in Newton's books (there is one of them that describes his procedure in more detail).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.