Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Windflower

I am sooooo happy your experience has been as wonderful as mine. Glad I could help and share. As I said before they have become my favorite and more accurate deck. You can't ask for more that.
Old 31-03-2011, 01:41 AM
nightowl

Thanks Windflower Your input was very helpful. I think they will end up being very special to me as well.
Old 31-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Master
Can anyone explain in simple words, the difference between Tarot and Oracle cards
Old 31-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Moonkestrel

Woohoo - the cards and the seperate book came today - I LOVE them and can't wait to begin working with them. the images are just stunning and the overall deck has a wonderful feel to it.
Old 31-03-2011, 07:01 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Can anyone explain in simple words, the difference between Tarot and Oracle cards

Let see I will give it a try. I am not a tarot person but I did have a deck and it just didn't fit with me. I believe tarot have cards with numbers and particular images, like the wands cups and sword. I think most of those images are pretty standard to tarot decks they are just drawn differently. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong the oracle decks that I have seen and own are a little different. They usually have images like an animal or an angel or a place and so on. Some of them have words on the cards and some don't. I believe much of reading these cards is based on interpreting the image and how it relates to the situation or the question you have posed. I guess this is could be similar to how tarot is read. They do come with booklet that helps you interpret the cards as well. I am sure some others will have more to share on this...
Old 31-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Master
So, tarot cards could be used as Oracle cards but Oracle cards could not be used as Tarot. Is that right, do you think ?
Old 31-03-2011, 08:40 PM
nightowl

Yeah, that makes sense to me...I do know that oracle cards can also be used in spreads, the guide books that comes with them show a number of the same spreads used in tarot decks. I guess there are those out there who might use oracle cards as a type of tarot. Maybe it all comes down to personal preferences and how your brain is wired? heheee...
Old 31-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Master
Great question, Norseman!

I haven't done any research but I think it's like nightowl mentioned - that the Tarot has set images.. Or maybe not so much the images as much as there are major & minor Aracana... I think it has to do with how the cards originated & keeping to a standard of sorts...

Oracle cards allow for different kinds of interpretations & integrate different belief systems....I feel they must have come about as a result of readers finding better resonance with certain images (i.e. Angels, Fae, Animals) and/or different focal points (nature/elements, planets/astrology), etc... than you might find in the standard Tarot cards..

I may be wrong, but I do think it's fine to use my Oracle cards along side Tarot cards...I use my Angel Oracle cards with my Sacred Circle Tarot.... I think it works for me because I feel that they are both tools that simply externalize or manifest my intuition & guidance..

I really am no card expert by any means (as you can probably tell lol!) but thought I'd share... ♥
Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkestrel
Woohoo - the cards and the seperate book came today - I LOVE them and can't wait to begin working with them. the images are just stunning and the overall deck has a wonderful feel to it.

So Moonkestrel how are the Earth Magic deck? Have you used them yet?

nightowl
Old 05-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Moonkestrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
So Moonkestrel how are the Earth Magic deck? Have you used them yet?

nightowl

Nope not yet Plan to Monday...night in to myself you see You?