Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-04-2017, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce
This is exactly my delima. Don't breadth and depth have borders? Not if it is unfathomable; infinity has no top or bottom, and no sides; it is unfathomable.

And this makes total sense to me, yet my human mind absolutely can't fathom it. So it's unfathomable. Okay so I accept or not be fine. That's the road to a joyful life: to accept that which we cannot change: the most difficult human task I think. There I go again: thinking

Starman, did you put these words together yourself from your life experiences? Yes!

So in other words, since I wish to define (((which I'm certainly going to consider letting go of the need))) the idea that infinity is nothing (as I'd already imagined) just goes on and on forever and is incomprehensible because we can't imagine or define it? And this is one way to get closer to being fine? Yes it is Joycie,. Joycie it takes lots of practice; don't be so hard on yourself; you are going to make it; whatever making it may mean. There is truly no place to go except consciously back to our source.

I realize this, because without the need for the concept to be defined I am fine because I no longer need to wonder. Wow, so much to let go of; yes and each time I get closer to fineness. This is amazing.

I've always attributed my fineness to being loved. I don't know how to let this go. Don't let go of that, just realize that spiritual fineness will bring a love unparalleled to any love experienced here on earth. I actually posted a question on some relationship thread today; and I never thought I would. Yet I lead myself there for an answer to why I am as I am. Again needing to define fineness. What a nasty catch-22 Order comes out of chaos and clarity comes out of confusion; would we appreciate clarity without confusion?

I must say good-day and go meditate with peace. Thank you for your time; you are very wise.
For me the beginning of wisdom is to know that you don't know it all; and may probably never know it all.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
For me the beginning of wisdom is to know that you don't know it all; and may probably never know it all.
I really like how you address quotes within the original quote, yet than I see none of it appears if we choose to respond again to your words. Your wise intention?!?

I do know you said the love I search is only within me, and it is unparalleled to anything on earth. I cannot even imagine how I'll feel at the very end of my life experience if I never physically experience love (and I'm not talking about sexual love) for a man who loves me for what I am inside. Yet as I write this I realize how paradoxical it sounds. Which proves I'm a ways from fineness

It's so funny how I wanted to believe "I knew it all" ((that's why I wrote that blog)) my son didn't want to hear another word me wanting his opinion; that's why he forwarded me this link. It's been the best thing for me; I became aware more of the outside me and no longer need to act as if I know it all. It's difficult not to be so hard on myself when I see little me.

Perhaps I may write that children's book I have the most wonderful title for. It's quite original and I don't wish to write it here. And yes, I will need to consciously see the moments of my life from only this source of my being; otherwise, I will continue to be a phony; which is worse than never experiencing the earth-plane love I so badly wish to know.

I don't want to think of this paradox. It's unsettling to me. Yet my clarity may come from this utter confusion I'm feeling. And the order will come from the chaos I wish to end at least within me. Thanks for the words to internalize!

Oh such a tall order for such a slide down the other side of that life-hill. Better quite late than never at all.

Well, as much as I love to type, I know I am typing for me, and little old me has a lot to accomplish in the next four weeks.

Thanks for the time you share.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
I don't want to think of this paradox. It's unsettling to me.
Hi Joyce. Such thoughts are not meant to taken literally, but in a general and objective way. Life is learning and evolving, so quite obviously we do in fact get to know and understand many things. One of which is: the more we know, the more we realize how little we know.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Master
Quote:
I do know you said the love I search is only within me, and it is unparalleled to anything on earth. I cannot even imagine how I'll feel at the very end of my life experience if I never physically experience love (and I'm not talking about sexual love) for a man who loves me for what I am inside. Yet as I write this I realize how paradoxical it sounds. Which proves I'm a ways from finenesshug2:
You really can not share love with another person until you have learned to love your self. You have to have the love in the first place in order to give it to others. There is no paradox; what happens on the outside is a reflection of what is going on inside; get the inside together and the outside will follow suit. What we see in the outside world is what is going on inside of people. We give to others the work, or lack of work, which we have done on ourselves.

Don’t think about how much work you have to do on yourself as we all have work to do on ourselves otherwise we would not be here on earth. The journey is infinite so we have no idea of how far we still have left to go. The thing is to enjoy the ride and not worry about the goal because the goal, if there is one, is unimaginable. Nonetheless, we are closer to that "fineness" than we can ever know with our mind.

We all stumble and our children are often our teachers. My son thinks I’m into a bunch of “new age” stuff but I try to tell him that what he calls “new age” is older than the hills. Still it is not my place to convince him of my ways as my ways are meant for me and he has his own path. I do not believe in brow beating people like a zealot, even though sometimes I can become very passionate about my path.

Learn to love yourself and you will attract love from others. But have no expectations; do it for you and not so you can attract others. I am not talking about narcissism rather I am talking about being gentle with your self and not beating your self up. Fall in love with the presence of life; the life that is within you. An learn how to let go; which is an ongoing process and not something which you just do once. When we let go miracles happen. Everyday, every breath, is a miracle; a fantastic thing is happening in spite of all the pain, hate, and suffering in this world. I suffered a great deal in this life but most of my suffering was self inflicted.

I had to learn to love myself and not put myself in situations that were destructive or not healthy for me. I had to learn to listen to my deeper being, what many call intuition, because when I ignored that intuition I ended up with an emotional butt kicking. We all have a guide right inside of us that will steer us impeccably true, will protect us, and help us grow. Learn to live in the moment for that which we call “now” is eternal. I have linked a post below that I wrote sometime ago which may offer some encouragement. Peace and much love to you my sister.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=107262
Old 03-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi Joyce. Such thoughts are not meant to taken literally, but in a general and objective way. Life is learning and evolving, so quite obviously we do in fact get to know and understand many things. One of which is: the more we know, the more we realize how little we know.

I'm unsure you realize what the paradox is. It's certainly meant to be literal that the boundless universe is infinite and we simply cannot conceive this ~ such as was my original thought that was frustrating me so. Starmen's advice certainly helped me let go of my need to feel I comprehend infinite, because it's simply unfathomable. And I choose to be "fine" ; and I do hope you are as well.

Oops I'm now unclear, myself, which paradox we're each speaking of. I had thought one was mentioned about the universe, but then I see I last wrote of the paradox of love within and the love we feel from another. So I'm not sure at all what you mean. I need to meditate after a quick reply above. Thanks Baile
Old 03-04-2017, 10:35 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
There is no paradox; what happens on the outside is a reflection of what is going on inside; get the inside together and the outside will follow suit.

Learn to love yourself

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=107262

Oh, oh, oh . . I so want to love me in all my shame. It will take a miracle for me to come out of this recent experience as a woman who knows she's "fine".

I don't know if you get notified, in email, when someone replies to thread. But I wrote to you in the link for what you wrote last Oct I believe.

I will let you know how I am doing. I will find my deeper self, and I'm afraid I may be too late to save me from myself this time. I so wanted to move, but didn't want to do the work. Now I'm 'forced" and it's a painful experience. Love and Peace to you, the brother I literally dreamed of
Old 05-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm unsure you realize what the paradox is. So I'm not sure at all what you mean.
You replied to the idea that we do not know anything. You called it an unsettling paradox, something you don't wish to contemplate. I'm saying such meditative thoughts are easy to understand. Of course we know things. Yet at the same time, we can see that the more we know, the more there is to know... and the less we in fact know. Not a scary paradox so much as a simple and beautiful reality of conscious life.

Suggestion: Research the Hermetic idea of relative versus absolute truth. Very helpful in coming to clarity regarding spiritual puzzles and life paradoxes.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Experiencer

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You replied to the idea that we do not know anything. You called it an unsettling paradox, something you don't wish to contemplate. I'm saying such meditative thoughts are easy to understand. Of course we know things.
Baile, thank you for your second reply. I still believe you're not clear somehow; I was speaking for myself, not everyone in general. When I mentioned a paradox with understanding love of self versus love from outside etc, I was not saying I didn't know anything (about it??). What I'd said about not wanting to contemplate the paradox was said more light heartedly than serious.

Quote:
Yet the same time, we can see that the more we know, the more there is to know... and the less we in fact know. Not a scary paradox so much as a simple and beautiful reality of conscious life.
Yes, I am aware and thank you.

I appreciate what you are attempting to let me "know"; although Apparently I know more than you think I do; which is fine; we haven't been in direct communication much.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Apparently I know more than you think I do
I don't know why you would add that comment. All I do is write what I think might be helpful for people with their questions. That said, I see you quoted everything I wrote, with the exception of my Hermetic reading suggestion. I added that because you claimed to be "unsettled" due to contemplating whatever paradox it was you were referring to. The Hermetic understanding of relative versus absolute truth answers all such paradoxical questions, and puts them to rest. So this is something you might want to follow up on. And not because I think I know more than you. But because this is a discussion forum, and as my contribution to the discussion I am offering you a reading suggestion.