Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 19-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Ascender

"Note that the lowest range of delta is 0.5 hz and that No Brain activity is 0. This provides a very comforting view of what life is like after physical death may actually be like.. A very deep perpetual sleep. Which should provide some solace to those who have no faith that an afterlife exists.."

I don't find that idea comforting at all, it's complete obliteration of everything! Sleep is different because you wake up!! You are never aware of the sensation of a dreamless sleep during that sleep, only when you are dreaming. Once there is no functioning brain its something very different indeed. You can't perceive non existence, how can that work?? I find the idea very disturbing, even more so when I apply it to loved ones who have gone before

I started a thread on the very idea of Non Existence on the Death & Afterlife forum. I wonder if the people with the mediumship abilities ever get this wobble of faith??
Old 24-07-2015, 01:37 AM
Pathfinder

there's a scientific name for hearing voices just before falling asleep or waking its called Hypnogogic auditor hallucinations. These occur before you fall asleep. Hypnopompic auditory hallucinations occur just before waking. They are very common and may have not have any spirituality to them at all.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:59 PM
nordern

I have these every once in a while. When I'm about to fall asleep, I hear a very loud noise/ a voice saying my name / someone screaming and I wake up, but I never actually thought it would be a paranormal thing. I thought of it as a "brain error".

As Dragonsong says, there's a scientific explanation

When I first googled it, I found some kind of conspiracy theory about V2K. Ridiculous
Old 09-08-2015, 08:29 PM
skunk

Had always heard some known, some unknown, voices, and felt it may have, to me, been a type of 'delayed' hearing.

So very repetitious, spanning my life, evolving to wake induced lucid dreaming, producing premonitory scenes of jolting, vivid clarity, with post unerring accuracy.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:56 AM
Judysgirl

Whsipering my name

My recent experience, (and the reason I signed up here) happened while I was sleeping...I hadn't gone to bed until late, around 2am but was in a deep sleep when I heard my name being whispered in my ear...3 times to be exact.
My hub was fast asleep and it sounded like a female's voice...very gentle but very clear. I have no recollection of a dream so not sure what this all means??
I'm curious to know if others can relate and perhaps have had their own experience...thanks!
Old 11-08-2015, 04:56 AM
Judysgirl

Angel1 Whsipering my name

My recent experience, (and the reason I signed up here) happened while I was sleeping...I hadn't gone to bed until late, around 2am but was in a deep sleep when I heard my name being whispered in my ear...3 times to be exact.
My hub was fast asleep and it sounded like a female's voice...very gentle but very clear. I have no recollection of a dream so not sure what this all means??
I'm curious to know if others can relate and perhaps have had their own experience...thanks!
Old 12-08-2015, 03:49 AM
nimsjo

It happens a lot with me while I am about to sleep or while I am sleeping.
I always strongly feel that someone is trying to communicate with me or asking for help.
I was never able to figure out the truth behind it. Sometimes I feel that these are the voices in my head and it is just a part of my dream.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Bettyboop74

I often hear voices when falling asleep or waking. One night I heard a mans voice speak to me in a foreign language which I thought was either Japanese or Chinese but then a word popped into my head that said Mandarin so I wrote down the words that I thought I heard as best I could and next day looked it up under Chinese Mandarin and found words which I thought was the ones I heard and the translation was "Help me" that made me feel quite sad. One morning I woke up and went to the bathroom, came back to bed and I heard a Mans voice say "Well Hello there" it made me jump out of my skin as I was the only one at home and this was like someone was right next to me. Between sleep and waking is when we are most Psychic or so I have been told.