Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-03-2013, 06:58 PM
paulie74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Yes Paul, I have had 100% proof. This happened last year. Prior to that I'd had many events which showed me there was life after death, but the evidence, for me, wasn't 'hard' enough.

Then last summer I went out of body, in full conscious awareness, just into my room, and actually touched the warm, happy, living body of my deceased dog.
I could only stay with her for a couple of minutes. But it was the one most remarkable thing of my whole life. And it was totally unexpected.
On another occasion I saw her when out of body, and she returns to visit me often. When she does that it is a strong and clear sudden contact on an empathetic level, and with the essence of her character. So to me there is not one shadow of doubt any more about the continuation of life into another dimension after "death".

thank you for sharing such a touching experience.

We had to have our beloved dog (Jack) put down the year before last and, hand on heart, it absolutely floored us on very level. I have always loved animals, but even I was shocked at the pain we both experienced when we lost him. The odd thing was that on the night he died we were both in the bedroom sharing a joint and just trying to calm down a bit when outside of the bedroom door we both heard quite clearly paws on the wooden floorboards (when we used to smoke in the bedroom when he was alive we would put him in the spare room and shut our door as we didn't like the smoke near him, but he used to pace outside the door exactly as he did the night he died). This one experience made me want to reacquaint myself with all things spiritual once more, but I still find it so hard to accept that there is life after death.
Old 25-03-2013, 07:02 PM
paulie74

[quote=goldie08]Greetings paulie74 - Canada here. ;-)

I like to refer to the webpage about Eileen Garrett, see below, and I'd suggest reading her books.

Quote:
:

Psychic experiences were a part of Eileen Garrett's life from the moment she saw an infant for the first time. She sensed and saw around people, animals and, even plants, various forms of light and energy which she initially termed "surrounds". She said that she had imaginary playmates, whom she called "the children". She claims that their appearance was a very normal part of her life and that she "did not have to go to them in any particular place, or make any adjustments" in order to see them.

One day, while quite young, she saw her favorite aunt, who lived about twenty miles away, walking up the path carrying a baby. As the aunt approached, she said to young Eileen, "I am going away now and I must take the baby with me." Eileen quickly ran into the house to relate this to her adoptive aunt, who immediately punished her for making up stories. The following day she learned that her aunt Leone had died in childbirth, along with the baby.

This unfortunate introduction to death had its impact upon young Eileen. She had many questions concerning birth and death, none of which anyone, least of all her aunt, cared to discuss with her. As a means of protest, and in response to some undeserved punishment, she drowned some ducklings of which her aunt was very proud. She recalls, "The little dead bodies were quiet, but a strange movement was occurring all about them. A gray, smoke-like substance rose up from each small form. This nebulous, fluid stuff wove and curled as it rose in winding spiral curves, and I saw it take new shape as it moved out and away from the quiet forms." Thus she became aware, at a young age, that there was more to life than the physical form, and that this "more" separated itself from the body, at the time of death.

------------

Thanks for that Goldie. I shall definately have a perusal when I get five.
Old 25-03-2013, 07:04 PM
paulie74

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Skye
Hi Paul, I have seen and conversed with many spirits but I think you will find this one encounter quite fascinating. When I was a young child, alone in my room I saw my grandfather sitting at the edge of my bed. He had died some years previously and my father was missing him a great deal. My grandfather spoke to me briefly and then recited a poem about the war which at my tender years I did not fully understand. The following morning I told my father about this visit and recited the first 2 lines of the poem. My father then completed the poem word for word as I had heard it the night berfore. It turns out that my grandfather used to say this poem to my father when he was a child to comfort him. I was a very young girl and had never heard this poem before and I can't remember the words now! I believe this was my grandfather bringing comfort once again to my grieving father.

That's quite beautiful - thanks for sharing it.
Old 25-03-2013, 07:09 PM
paulie74

[quote=Pinkroses]Paulie,
I came across this video the other day and thought you might be interested. This man discusses the various signs he received after his son passed away. Some of them are quite remarkable. Enjoy!

Thanks for this, pinkroses. Will have a look when I get the chance.

I have always been interested in other experiences and have started looking on the net for stuff like this (unfortunately though, there are as many crazy ones out there as there are genuine! lol)
Old 25-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Knower

For me, the proof came three days after my best friend died, when he paid me a visit. I'd been a skeptic, but the experience was so unexpected and so overwhelming I couldn't go back to not-believing in our existence beyond death.

But I don't expect anyone to take my word for it. Other, still-skeptical folks have come up with all kinds of logical reasons why they think I didn't really have the experience I absolutely know I had. And I can't say I blame them--I used to be one of them, after all.

So for people who are looking for "harder" proof that doesn't come from reports of NDEs or after-death encounters, or who don't believe psychics are the most reliable sources, I recommend a few books: Michael Newton's Journey of Souls and the follow-up book Destiny of Souls, and Brian Weiss's Many Lives, Many Masters (he has other books, but they get really repetitive).

Both Newton (clinical psychologist) and Weiss (psychiatrist) inadvertently helped their patients tap in to past-life and between-life memories during hypnotherapy. Neither set out to do so; when they asked their patients simply to go to the root cause of their present-day emotional problems, that's where they went. Both have regressed thousands of patients (including many who did not believe in an afterlife, or who had religious beliefs that didn't match their experience when under hypnosis), and their books are definitely worth checking out.
Old 26-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator
Paulie, I'm sorry about how you both must have suffered when you lost your Jack.
They live on. And they can visit us. And during my contacts with my dog I have heard her shake, and yawn, and felt her get in and out of the bed on a couple of occasions! But mostly it's an "affection-contact". So be aware that Jack may well visit you from time to time, and if you suddenly sense him strongly -a wave of his "presence" -then that is him, and be happy.

My goodness! NOTHING could get through to me before my dog did! Nothing provided sufficient evidence for me.
Old 26-03-2013, 03:07 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie74
Anyway, apologies for my rambling. So does anyone have anything they feel is real proof? I would be grateful for any answers on personal experiences.

When we pass from this life the proof will be self-evident.... :^)

I honestly don't see it as a bad thing at all that we generally are unsure of what goes on "over there" while residing in this physical body. It seems that this is the theme... that we forget... it appears that this forgetting is intentional since "not knowing" is quit common and normal... so why fight it?

If we're here to live the physical then our attention would need to be riveted on such..

I personally have plenty of proof that we continue, and that those that we've known are still existing outside our view... but telling you this won't bring about the conviction that you're looking for... they would just be more disembodied stories for you to add to your thoughts... If your soul intended you to know then within moments you would... our souls can inject what it wishes at will... this afterlife knowing seems to occur on a "need to know" basis.... the fact that you're curious at this serious a level may suggest that an "experience" is heading your way (I often feel thematic ripples shortly before such an event actually unfolds)... for that's the only way you'll know for certain... you'll need to see it for yourself.... and once you know, you'll then "know".. there's little ambiguity when the truth is standing there with you... :^)
Old 26-03-2013, 05:07 AM
jupitorarizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie08

Psychic experiences were a part of Eileen Garrett's life from the moment she saw an infant for the first time. She sensed and saw around people, animals and, even plants, various forms of light and energy which she initially termed "surrounds". She said that she had imaginary playmates, whom she called "the children". She claims that their appearance was a very normal part of her life and that she "did not have to go to them in any particular place, or make any adjustments" in order to see them.

One day, while quite young, she saw her favorite aunt, who lived about twenty miles away, walking up the path carrying a baby. As the aunt approached, she said to young Eileen, "I am going away now and I must take the baby with me." Eileen quickly ran into the house to relate this to her adoptive aunt, who immediately punished her for making up stories. The following day she learned that her aunt Leone had died in childbirth, along with the baby.

This unfortunate introduction to death had its impact upon young Eileen. She had many questions concerning birth and death, none of which anyone, least of all her aunt, cared to discuss with her. As a means of protest, and in response to some undeserved punishment, she drowned some ducklings of which her aunt was very proud. She recalls, "The little dead bodies were quiet, but a strange movement was occurring all about them. A gray, smoke-like substance rose up from each small form. This nebulous, fluid stuff wove and curled as it rose in winding spiral curves, and I saw it take new shape as it moved out and away from the quiet forms." Thus she became aware, at a young age, that there was more to life than the physical form, and that this "more" separated itself from the body, at the time of death.

------------

This is very interesting. Thank you for sharing, goldie08.
Old 26-03-2013, 03:16 PM
merrie

As stated, "There is more to life than the physical form" and it is a delight to receive confirmation that this is true.
Old 26-03-2013, 04:29 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrie
As stated, "There is more to life than the physical form" and it is a delight to receive confirmation that this is true.

A delight, yes, a necessity, no.... :^)