Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2012, 03:55 AM
Quintessence

Yeah, I would arrange a forum like this differently as well, but apparently some people see distinctions where I don't. All these dividers between highly related disciplines and ideas can be confusing to those who don't prefer them. In general, I thought there were far too many subforums here when I signed up.

"Paganism" and "Wicca" should probably be merged.
"Spirituality and Sexuality" should be merged with "Love and Relationships."
"Spirituality" could probably be merged with "General Beliefs" given how nebulous the word spirituality is.
"Angels and Guides" could be merged with "Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures" as they all deal with denizens of the otherworlds.
"Signs and Synchronicities" and "Astrology" could be a sub-forums of "Divination" since they are both types of divination (omens, specifically).
Something could be done with the various medium/channeling ones as well, such as having a parent forum related to the otherworlds and then subforums for "Channeling" and "Mediumship" and the like.

But I know none of this will actually get done. Just something for people to think about. Merging would definitely make these forums easier to navigate. As it is, I never actually browse anything by using the forum lists. It's too much of a pain. Instead, I go to "posts since last visit" and scroll through. What would be nice is if I could do "posts since last visit excluding certain forums I have no interest in replying to." Yeah, I know there's the advanced forum search, but it's rather unwieldily.
Old 16-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Master
Yes I till get confused, ideally a way of arranging and sorting ones own personalised layout would be something (although I could see that being a constant task for the poster and the board!)
Old 16-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Yeah, I would arrange a forum like this differently as well, but apparently some people see distinctions where I don't. All these dividers between highly related disciplines and ideas can be confusing to those who don't prefer them. In general, I thought there were far too many subforums here when I signed up.

"Paganism" and "Wicca" should probably be merged.
"Spirituality and Sexuality" should be merged with "Love and Relationships."
"Spirituality" could probably be merged with "General Beliefs" given how nebulous the word spirituality is.
"Angels and Guides" could be merged with "Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures" as they all deal with denizens of the otherworlds.
"Signs and Synchronicities" and "Astrology" could be a sub-forums of "Divination" since they are both types of divination (omens, specifically).
Something could be done with the various medium/channeling ones as well, such as having a parent forum related to the otherworlds and then subforums for "Channeling" and "Mediumship" and the like.

But I know none of this will actually get done. Just something for people to think about. Merging would definitely make these forums easier to navigate. As it is, I never actually browse anything by using the forum lists. It's too much of a pain. Instead, I go to "posts since last visit" and scroll through. What would be nice is if I could do "posts since last visit excluding certain forums I have no interest in replying to." Yeah, I know there's the advanced forum search, but it's rather unwieldily.

I think discussion of inter-faith is very important
we should be eager to learn how things are similar and not how they are different
Old 16-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Master
"Paganism" and "Wicca" should probably be merged."
+ Witchcraft of course !
Old 16-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"Paganism" and "Wicca" should probably be merged."
+ Witchcraft of course !

It is kind of odd that there is not a forum for general spellcraft and magical practices. They feel lonely without a designated home. Wicca, after all, isn't really all about spellcraft but it seems to be where all those threads get stuck.
Old 17-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Wicca is an actual religion,
so is Spiritualism (Spiritualists National Union est. 1901)
There can be discussions relating to those specific religions.

and shouldn't be used at all

I don't care if people call themselves that or want to, its a stupid thing to call yourself. Either be specific or don't. All paganism means is any faith that is not Christian. Islamic people or Hindu people are as pagan as anyone else.

Mediumship, Channeling, Spiritualism, Pentecostalism, Shamanism, Taoism, etc... it is important I think to make these ideas one forum. To have 1 forum to talk about all of these practices together. It is also appropriate to have sub forums for each one, but a general Shamanism forum encouraging those discussions as a general thing would be welcome

Last edited by innerlight : 18-04-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 18-04-2012, 05:23 AM
Henri77

I rather agree that a simpler arrangement might encourage more folks to contribute to a thread (and learn)
Yes there seems to be an overlap in some catagories.

However, I kinda ignore threads with 15+ posts , as it tends become a series of soliloquies rather than a discussion.

More talk isn't always better, and I prefer dialogue to speeches. The setup isn't perfect but seems to work for the more frequented catagories.
Old 18-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Master
Quote:
It is kind of odd that there is not a forum for general spellcraft and magical practices. They feel lonely without a designated home. Wicca, after all, isn't really all about spellcraft but it seems to be where all those threads get stuck.

Exactly ! Wicca is just a new branch off an ancient tree i.e. Witchcraft.
Old 18-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

A lot of work has gone into educating the public that all shamans seek the same experiences and goals. There are differences region to region but a forum like this has tremendous power to truly educate on shamanism in this way, by grouping discussion together.
Old 13-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Guide

Quote:

It would be good to have a magical forum, Enochian magic etc.
Closed Thread