Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 12-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny shine
I have heard this several times that we come here to learn what we have not learned in other lives; so a person reincarnates again and again to learn lessons, and they keep repeating life after life if i do not learn, for example to learn about compassion i face many situations and circumstances, but if i dont learn, when i die and reincarnate again i will be put in circumstances where i need to learn them..

well my question is how do i find what is that i need to learn, i do face many situations at work, at home everyday i face many challenges big, small, they all are very different, how do i know what lesson i learnt or not?

I know the idea is quite popular but I've never been an exponent of lessons. If Spirit has access to all the knowledge possible then what is there to learn? To me, it's all about experience because you can never experience anything from any other being no matter how in tune you are. Two people can have this deep, telepathic link but getting on that rollercoaster isn't something you can experience via someone else. If you look at the lessons from an argument, you know pretty much what will happen. Someone is going to be with you, someone is going to be against and someone else will sit on the fence. When it's all over it's either kiss and make up or hate each other. What else is there to know? The question is, how does that feel? That can only be experienced by you personally.

We are different people from day-today, sometimes minute-to-minute. You'll come on these boards and someone will write something that puts a light bulb on in your head - you're changed. You've also had this experience before so why are you back here again? Because you've had this experience before you've changed since the last time you were here. You have that experience under your belt now which you didn't have before, so your whole perception of the situation has changed. Plus, of course, everything that has happened in between. The 'you' that had the original experience isn't the 'you' that's having it now. You're coming at it from a different perspective - spirals not circles. And when the experience is over you know you've been there, don't you? And isn't the best way to learn something to experience it?
Old 13-12-2010, 09:24 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I know the idea is quite popular but I've never been an exponent of lessons. If Spirit has access to all the knowledge possible then what is there to learn? To me, it's all about experience because you can never experience anything from any other being no matter how in tune you are. Two people can have this deep, telepathic link but getting on that rollercoaster isn't something you can experience via someone else. If you look at the lessons from an argument, you know pretty much what will happen. Someone is going to be with you, someone is going to be against and someone else will sit on the fence. When it's all over it's either kiss and make up or hate each other. What else is there to know? The question is, how does that feel? That can only be experienced by you personally.

We are different people from day-today, sometimes minute-to-minute. You'll come on these boards and someone will write something that puts a light bulb on in your head - you're changed. You've also had this experience before so why are you back here again? Because you've had this experience before you've changed since the last time you were here. You have that experience under your belt now which you didn't have before, so your whole perception of the situation has changed. Plus, of course, everything that has happened in between. The 'you' that had the original experience isn't the 'you' that's having it now. You're coming at it from a different perspective - spirals not circles. And when the experience is over you know you've been there, don't you? And isn't the best way to learn something to experience it?

Greenslade thank you for the reply; you answer seem to fit my question of why we are reincarnating. But I also have another question on how do we know what lessons we need to learn, if i have a fight should i understand that my learning should be to excercise patience, stand up for my rights or learn to be aggressive or learn to given in and be compassionate, what is the lesson? so i know what qualities i need to develope. how do i know this? even if i acted in a certain expected way that would complete my learning, how do i know if i did?
Old 13-12-2010, 10:52 AM
mac

Quote:
Greenslade thank you for the reply; you answer seem to fit my question of why we are reincarnating. But I also have another question on how do we know what lessons we need to learn, if i have a fight should i understand that my learning should be to excercise patience, stand up for my rights or learn to be aggressive or learn to given in and be compassionate, what is the lesson? so i know what qualities i need to develope. how do i know this? even if i acted in a certain expected way that would complete my learning, how do i know if i did?

It seems you're still trapped in the original loop.

You appear still to be looking for specific answers in the here-and-now but you are unlikely to find them.

You aren't learning a lesson so much as learning from the experiences you gain. If you persist in chasing the thought that each and every incident in your present incarnation is for you to learn some kind of lesson, then your search will probably be fruitless.

That's not to say, though, that any or each of life's events won't add to your understanding but neither does it say it will! I went through a similar patch of misunderstanding some while ago and raised the point in a development group. The leader told me that he put all such stuff out of his mind and simply got on with life saying that we will all find what we need and that there was no reason to soul-search into what we think we should be getting from this or that experience....

I took on board his words and let them guide me. That's not to say that I haven't continued to seek to understand as much as I can but never from the perspective of it relating to any supposed lessons.

Maybe you might wish to consider approaching your own situation from a similar direction?
Old 14-12-2010, 09:03 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
It seems you're still trapped in the original loop.

You appear still to be looking for specific answers in the here-and-now but you are unlikely to find them.

You aren't learning a lesson so much as learning from the experiences you gain. If you persist in chasing the thought that each and every incident in your present incarnation is for you to learn some kind of lesson, then your search will probably be fruitless.

That's not to say, though, that any or each of life's events won't add to your understanding but neither does it say it will! I went through a similar patch of misunderstanding some while ago and raised the point in a development group. The leader told me that he put all such stuff out of his mind and simply got on with life saying that we will all find what we need and that there was no reason to soul-search into what we think we should be getting from this or that experience....

I took on board his words and let them guide me. That's not to say that I haven't continued to seek to understand as much as I can but never from the perspective of it relating to any supposed lessons.

Maybe you might wish to consider approaching your own situation from a similar direction?

Thank you Mac.

but arent the moral of the lessons as important as experience of the lessons
Old 14-12-2010, 09:24 AM
mac

Quote:
Thank you Mac.

but arent the moral of the lessons as important as experience of the lessons

Again you speak in terms of 'lessons' - as if you are being taught something. It's an old concept often misunderstood and often misrepresented.

You are not here to be taught something - you are not a student in a school - you are not here for lessons. Any experience may bring learning but it is not a lesson unless you see it as self-taught.

You chose to come to broaden and deepen your spiritual understanding. This may be a return or this time may be your first - who knows?

If not your first time then you may have chosen to try again something about whose outcome you were not satisfied, not happy that you had made the progress which was right for you. Or you may simply have decided that you would enjoy a further incarnation for its own sake.

Nowhere in any of those possibilites is there a lesson in the sense we use that word here in the physical....
Old 14-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Greenslade

Quote:

You're very welcome.

The first lesson would be to let go of the idea of lessons. However you choose to act/react to any given situation is about I Am. I Am someone who feels the need to fight or not, to defend my beliefs or not, to have compassion or not. The experience would be whatever you experience as a part of that process. The expected way isn't the way, if you act the expected way then where is the lesson in that? All you have leaned is how to be like someone else. If you give aggression to the situation then you have experienced what it means to be the aggressor, same with compassion or if you run from it. True understanding doesn't come from lessons, it comes from experience.

Imagine I'm an alien that has never been to earth before. Now help me understand what an orange is. How would you begin? How difficult do you think that is? Now supposing you gave me an orange into my three-digit hand and said "That's an orange". Don't you think that by experiencing the shape, colour and taste it would give me a better understanding?
Old 14-12-2010, 08:23 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
You're very welcome.

The first lesson would be to let go of the idea of lessons. However you choose to act/react to any given situation is about I Am. I Am someone who feels the need to fight or not, to defend my beliefs or not, to have compassion or not. The experience would be whatever you experience as a part of that process. The expected way isn't the way, if you act the expected way then where is the lesson in that? All you have leaned is how to be like someone else. If you give aggression to the situation then you have experienced what it means to be the aggressor, same with compassion or if you run from it. True understanding doesn't come from lessons, it comes from experience.

Imagine I'm an alien that has never been to earth before. Now help me understand what an orange is. How would you begin? How difficult do you think that is? Now supposing you gave me an orange into my three-digit hand and said "That's an orange". Don't you think that by experiencing the shape, colour and taste it would give me a better understanding?

Now why couldn't I have put it that well?
Old 14-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Knower

You have put things in such ways at other times!! :)

Cracking post Greenslade x
Old 15-12-2010, 09:50 AM
shaya48

Sunny shine

Quote:
I have heard this several times that we come here to learn what we have not learned in other lives; so a person reincarnates again and again to learn lessons, and they keep repeating life after life if i do not learn, for example to learn about compassion i face many situations and circumstances, but if i dont learn, when i die and reincarnate again i will be put in circumstances where i need to learn them..

well my question is how do i find what is that i need to learn, i do face many situations at work, at home everyday i face many challenges big, small, they all are very different, how do i know what lesson i learnt or not?

Hi Sunny shine,

With me and learning certain lessons for my growth here and for the growth of my soul, i found myself learning when i stopped repeating the same mistakes (which are lessons) over and over, when you can handle a situation in a different way that brings a more positive outcome for yourself from how you handled it before which led to the same lesson, that is how you know you have learnt something you have chosen to learn.

That is the best way i can put it because that is how i have lived and learned myself.

The universe will keep presenting you with a certain situation until you hopefully will see for yourself what you need to do, and what your not doing for yourself to learn.

Its great when you do finally see something for what it is and can do something about it to bring in a better change for yourself, that is what it is all about learning about yourself and doing and acting on what we need to do for ourselves to bring us to making better and wiser choices as we go along in life, and that is very empowering when we can be finally in control over something that has kept us stagnant in some way or powerless.

Life is our greatest teacher here and every lesson is perfect for us for the way we have chosen to learn here on this earth plane regardless of what we may experience, those experiences bring us to our true purpose here it is up to us if we want to learn from the experiences we have or not it is always our choice as an individual here.

We come back because we need to learn every aspect of life, and that can take many lifetimes i have had 32 lifetimes here which makes me ancient lol, when we have evolved enough here on this earth plane and have learned enough of life here we then progress onto a higher level of the spirit world, and the cosmos i cant wait for that, i will be glad when i have evolved enough to not having to come back.

Hope that has helped in some way.

Love and light Shaya.
Old 15-12-2010, 10:46 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
There is only one lesson to learn and that is that there are no lessons.
You learn things from experience because they serve you in this life, not a past or future one.
When you learn the right stuff, unlearn the out-dated, and discard the stale, your life becomes overall more satisfying. That is how you know.

Completion of learning is for the lazy and the fools. We can always be more than what we are now.