Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
supernova

What makes you happy?

Of course spirituality makes me happy if the rest of other things remain Okay. Can you be happy without things going well?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Lostgirl

I think you can be happy when things arent great.

I have the least amount of money i think i have ever had in my life, yet im think im the happiest i have ever been.
My job hasnt been wonderful lately either and still im happy. I think it depends on each person and how they cope with different situations!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Osian

Yes of course. you can be as happy as you choose to be in any given situation. It's knowing what you are happy about/why hyopu are happy that needs to be looked at. I have relied on material things for happiness, other people, food/drink, entertainment etc but actually happiness only comes from within so if thats where it came from then it is always there if we want to tap into it.

Even during difficult times it passes, happiness is a fleeting thing, i aaim for contentment.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
I think you can be happy when things arent great.

I have the least amount of money i think i have ever had in my life, yet im think im the happiest i have ever been.
My job hasnt been wonderful lately either and still im happy. I think it depends on each person and how they cope with different situations!

Your life and beleif sets a good example that we can be happy with or without too much money
Old 01-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Master
what makes me happy? Inner joy not dependent on outward circumstances. spirituality is the cause of that mostly

Another source of happiness is people setting aside differences and getting on. seing that always makes me happy.

More money? - more money brings more worries not happiness. financial independence brings calm not hapiness
Old 01-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Sangress

Happiness during hard times is debatable.

I can act happy, but it really can't be faked because fooling yourself into feeling certain emotions is actually really difficult.

Acceptance that things aren't going well, and being content with what you have is a great way to make some room for happiness to fit into the scheme of things.

Personally, if things aren't going well, I just call in a storm or some rain, then I am happy. No idea why, rain and lightning and thunder and dark clouds just make me smile and laugh. *Shrugs*

Otherwise I just have to save my happiness for the next rainy day.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:26 AM
autumn

What makes me happy is being true to myself.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:53 AM
celery

I just finished cleaning my room (was a mess.. and I'm a girl, lol) and I'm feeling truly happy right now =)
Old 05-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Master
If your happy and you know it clap your hands, clap clap..............
Old 05-12-2010, 10:31 AM
harley's mum

CLAPPING CLAPPING CLAPPING

Hello all...
what makes me happy? well as some of you may know my story at present that is a very very very difficult topic BUT...
some of the things that make me happy are --

my dogs and how grateful I am to have them
having one friend my darling bff Tyna and long skypes
a fresh vine ripened tomato
crispy sour dough bread
a cappucino made at home (the best coffee on the island)
sushi with my son
when my son phones me and we chat for an hour
looking out the windows and being surrounded by big old tree
fresh ocean air and the sound of the ocean at night
fresh mint to make mojitos (on this island that is a miracle)
fresh coriander to make chicken curry (another miracle)