Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 10-07-2011, 03:44 AM
Master
I used to try and take them outside, but they'd jump up my arm and want back in, so I gave it up. I don't want them in my home, if one is in the tub, you wash it down, next thing you know they've crawled back up and are in the tub. And little boys often take things apart, including bugs. My brothers used to chase me around the yard with the grand daddy long legs, my older of the two would pull the legs off of them and watch them wriggling around. Ugh. I didn't care for that!

Old 10-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Master
I'm like that DevA. I try to step over a line of ants. I won't spray for flies if I can avoid it. I die when gecko's get caught in a closing door and they squeal....eeuuuu :( ...but as long as our intent is pure then bugs underfoot can't be helped.

My brother (horrible little boy) used to pull wings off flies.

Ever been chased around with a rhino beetle SG? not nice!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:12 AM
Master
You have rhino beetles? I've only seen them in pictures, omg! I can imagine the screams!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
You have rhino beetles? I've only seen them in pictures, omg! I can imagine the screams!

Yep! we certainly do. Their seasonal (around xmas time). Even dogs are wary of their hissing and clingy claws.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Master
I try and avoid stepping on bugs and such also. If I catch them in my house, I try and bring them outside.

NS that is one scary looking beetle......

zipzip
Old 11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Administrator
Hello

On the morning walks to school the kids are so careful along the sidewalk not to step on a bug. Me middle Son will even stop to pick them up and move them off the path.

We have come to see some amazing natures creatures . Too there are many times that even touching our own eyes ext we are talking a life of something that lives on us. Its simply that creatures life path, if one does not go out to do it on purpose then there is I feel no bad karma to it.

Lynn
Old 14-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Suspended
I take creatures outside too. When I was younger I'd 'save' worms from the pavement and put them in the undergrowth - less chance of being seen by beady-eyed birds.

I do have an exception. Flies. They annoy the heck out of me. And they don't seem to have the noggin to leave the house via the window I've opened for them. Even when I'm shooing them with my hand, they ignore me and buzzz buzzz buzzz at the window pane. Eventually I give up and hope they find their own way out. The ones that particularly annoy me are those tiny things that fly within two inches of your eyes. It's like they're doing it for sport.

However, when it comes to wasps and bees, I stay very very still when they are around.

Rhino beetles - eek. In London, there was the 'May Bug' day. And 'flying ant' day. Yuck. The May bugs were what looked like flying cockroaches. It was as if they all hatched on the same day. You couldn't walk home from the train station without them flying into your hair. Bleugh.

Saying all that, I am rather fond of the little creatures. I'd like to spend a day in their world.
Old 14-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Master
My family thinks I'm nuts, well, not my daughter as she does the same. I take bugs outside if in the house, bees, spiders. I mostly leave the spiders be unless they are freaking someone out. When I go for walks, especially when I go to my fav spot...I remember one day as I had my head down in thought as I was climbing the rock stairways, I saw daddy longleg spiders just doing their thing and I thought how everything in the world is just making its way around in life, so I smiled and stepped over it, same with ants or any bugs I do notice. I got to thinking about how many I don't see... :-(

I have moved worms out of the way so they don't get stepped on, same with catepillars. A friend of mine has an almost 2 year old granddaughter and we were outside and she saw an ant and quickly stepped on it. Her grandfather taught her that they were bad and to be stepped on. It made me sad. Then I watched as he went around and stepped on every ant he saw as well.
Old 15-08-2011, 10:18 AM
shandy61

I trt not to kill any living thing, wherever possible I move them out of the
house.
I think all things feel pain the way we do, maybe they don't, but I prefer to work on the theory that they do & deliberatly not inflict pain
S
x
Old 18-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Kristin050585

I am always looking where I walk so I can avoid stepping on bugs. I just feel like i shouldn't step on them. I always see so many animals when i go walking. It is so peaceful and relaxing