Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 27-05-2014, 12:11 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
LadyT, in my "special" wildplace, I eat a pinch of soil and drink from the river - that's my "communion" with the spirits of the place.

Thanks for sharing Norseman! I hope this correspondence finds you and yours Healthy, Happy, and Whole!!!

I enjoy communing with Nature and like to "break-fast" with the Mother--especially at the Quarters and Cross-Quarters.
Old 28-05-2014, 12:38 AM
Experiencer

I always try to observe the equinoxes, when light and dark are in balance. I think the ideal way to observe them is the coupling of male and female, because all is in balance, and neither dominates. My favorite season of all is after Mabon, where the earth swings toward darkness. It makes me feel alive. I love the winter solstice, but there is sadness there because the Holly King has been defeated, and the bright, harsh season, when the Oak King rules is coming. I know the earth has to be renewed - I just like the dark times.

I listened to the song, Norseman. That Pan is wilder than the one in my Moon Garden, but He has many faces. Thank you, again.
Old 28-05-2014, 12:52 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
I always try to observe the equinoxes, when light and dark are in balance. I think the ideal way to observe them is the coupling of male and female, because all is in balance, and neither dominates. My favorite season of all is after Mabon, where the earth swings toward darkness. It makes me feel alive. I love the winter solstice, but there is sadness there because the Holly King has been defeated, and the bright, harsh season, when the Oak King rules is coming. I know the earth has to be renewed - I just like the dark times.

I listened to the song, Norseman. That Pan is wilder than the one in my Moon Garden, but He has many faces. Thank you, again.

I get so excited over the approach of Autumn...that I start decorating on Lughnasadh! LOL
Old 28-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Master
My favourite, LadyT, is Samhain and time to make that most important "stride across the hedge".

In my element
http://s282.photobucket.com/user/nor...2e47e.mp4.html
Old 28-05-2014, 09:49 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
My favourite, LadyT, is Samhain and time to make that most important "stride across the hedge".

In my element
http://s282.photobucket.com/user/nor...2e47e.mp4.html

We have this in common...there is excitement all around from the Mundane to the Spiritual Realms!

Cleansing, Decorating, Baking, Punch (dragging out all those REALLY bad movies--I've been collecting for decades--then watching them all month long)!!! LOL

The Sacred Ritual and Sealing the Boundaries at Dusk...it is a glorious time.

Tell me--Mighty Norseman--how does one seal the boundaries--if one has decided to be a Gypsy and roam the Countryside?

I shall await you Sage Advise. Perhaps...I should just leave an offering--everywhere we weigh anchor.
Old 28-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Experiencer

I start decorating for fall on Lughnasadh also, Lady, even though it remains 100 degrees outside where I live until November. Samhain is my favorite - it has been since I was a child. Those times are brief here, but they are the sweetest.
Old 28-05-2014, 03:13 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
I start decorating for fall on Lughnasadh also, Lady, even though it remains 100 degrees outside where I live until November. Samhain is my favorite - it has been since I was a child. Those times are brief here, but they are the sweetest.

Ahhh...we live in a tropical climate (for now) as well.

However--we are fortunate--because the extreme weather patterns begin to break-up around mid-September and we experience much cooler nights.

My favorite night of the Year is when the over-night temperatures drop to 60 degrees.

I cleanse our home from top to bottom--then wash all the bedding (after taking the blankets out of storage)--Febreeze the beds and furniture--then light my Apple Cinnamon Candles and Pumpkin Pie Spice Candles.

Once done--I open a Dark, Stout, Beer--draw a hot bath (w/ Sea Salt & Lavender Flowers)--then soak--while listening to Wyldwood Radio!!!
Old 28-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Experiencer

Oh, that's wonderful, Lady! I laughed out loud at the joy in your post. I go all out - first I clean, and change the bedding like you. I use faux bittersweet garland (endangered, so it has to be faux) candles, dried corn - you name it - my house is festooned in the symbols of fall. I always bake gingerbread with lemon sauce, and make a trip to the orchards, to get fresh-pressed cider and pie apples. The neighbors can laugh at the premature arrival of my scarecrow all they like! Towards the end of September, Samhain starts to creep in, and my crow collection comes out. Some people have special feeling for hummingbirds, or robins. I love crows! I think I will adopt your dark ale idea. I know the Divine gave us summer, and I have tried to love it as much. I just can't!
Old 28-05-2014, 03:50 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Oh, that's wonderful, Lady! I laughed out loud at the joy in your post. I go all out - first I clean, and change the bedding like you. I use faux bittersweet garland (endangered, so it has to be faux) candles, dried corn - you name it - my house is festooned in the symbols of fall. I always bake gingerbread with lemon sauce, and make a trip to the orchards, to get fresh-pressed cider and pie apples. The neighbors can laugh at the premature arrival of my scarecrow all they like! Towards the end of September, Samhain starts to creep in, and my crow collection comes out. Some people have special feeling for hummingbirds, or robins. I love crows! I think I will adopt your dark ale idea. I know the Divine gave us summer, and I have tried to love it as much. I just can't!

MMMMMMMM...fresh Cider and Gingerbread!!! I just gained another 5 pounds imagining it all! LOL

After the Ritual we have a Celebration--while handing out treats to the neighborhood Kiddies.

We make fresh Pumpkin, Cinnamon, Raisin Muffins (w/ Whole Wheat Flour and Pecans) and serve them w/ Cran-Apple, Ginger Punch (complete w/ frozen Eyeballs--faux, of course ) and spiked w/ Spiced Rum!!!
Old 29-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Master
It is cold here for about 6 months, then the winter comes and stays for the rest of the year. Our weather is mostly from Northern Russia and the Norwegian Glaciers, moderated slightly by the North Sea. It's a "hard", beautiful land of upland moors and dales.

Samhain to me is more austere, a time of the ancestors being revered and contacted in spirit. This is a solitary festival for me, a time for "journeying".
Mabon, the Herfest, we will celebrate at Thornborough Henge.