Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Why, if you don't mind my asking, are you asking if there are any pagans who have reached divinity? Why does it matter?

It does not matter as such, I am only interested! I think it would make for an interesting discussion.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Ascender
Well, if by Divine you mean Godly, thrn I suppose anyone can reach that if they do something in their lives that no other has done, something worth catching the eye of the Gods.
There was a woman who caught the eyes of a Norse God, just for her sheer beauty, and she became a Goddess through marriage to him.
Old 19-04-2014, 11:31 PM
justbry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Are there any Pagans who have reached divinity? Or are there any human Pagans who are divine? The reason I ask is because divinity is often associated with the orthodox religions - such as Christianity, Islam and Hinduism. I do not believe I have ever heard of a divine Pagan before!

Personally I am 'sort of' Pagan and I am experiencing a lot of resistance to my spirituality. It is like there is a huge obstacle in my path which is stopping me from going higher in the spiritual world. My impression is that there is resentment towards me in the spirit world because I am not orthodox enough.....strange but true.

I'm a Pagan and well, I'm sure I'm not the only one who believes
this way, but as a Pagan you are part of the Divine so I kind of don't
understand why you'd need to reach certain status.

As for people in Paganism who have achieved Divine status you'll
find them a lot in myths and legends, but one that comes to mind from
your question is the Goddess Aradia in the Strega [Italian Witchcraft]
tradition.

Check out, 'Aradia, Gospel of the Witches' by Charles Godfrey Leland.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:46 AM
NightPrincess

Divine status? I hope to reach that but not sure it's possible. I'm so full of mistakes and just try and try. It's what I aim for.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:49 PM
LadyTerra

As a Pagan Priestess...I serve the Goddess. I do not (however) consider myself to be The Goddess.

Are you asking--if human beings can become The Gods (Themselves)?
Old 09-05-2014, 07:53 PM
LadyTerra

One more question comes to mind--Honza...

Where (in Christianity--or any of the other Religions you mentioned) is there an example of a human being becoming a God--if that is what you meant?

Thanks (in advance) for sharing your thoughts and perspective.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightPrincess
Divine status? I hope to reach that but not sure it's possible. I'm so full of mistakes and just try and try. It's what I aim for.
Perhaps you are Divine already, mistakes included. Imo there is no god that put people or other things into boxes and label them good, bad, divine or whatever. Humans do. Priests do. God? NO. The brain is a divider, the heart is a uniter (is that a word? ) You are a part of all that is, and all that is is Divine, all that is is God.
Old 22-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Knower
We are all divine wether we reach divine awareness is another matter...but as us mentioned paganism is the oldest form of belief system known to man...before we had the written word we still had nature ⭐❤⭐
Old 25-05-2014, 10:33 PM
danieltalis

It depends how you define your Paganism and what areas of experience you are prepared to explore. Consider the idea of 'Odin' for example. There are techniques associated with the Odinic experience that are definitely able to reach into the Divine realms.. It also depends what you mean by 'The Divine Realms'. Most Pagans consider Physicality Divine. Druids for example have great reverence for Trees and all of Nature.

Last edited by danieltalis : 25-05-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:04 PM
LarimarSpirit

To me there's a difference in deities and the divine. To me the divine is creation itself and it's a part of all of us.

If you mean more of the whole ascended concept, that's a bit tricky as the definition of "divinity" differs from person to person. But I believe there are those who have, and those who will- regardless of their faith.