Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 12-08-2011, 02:27 AM
nightowl

Past Lives Stories

I would love to hear stories of your past lives.

Who you were.

How you came to know it was you in the past life.

The people you met. Now and then.

Is there anyone on SF that you were connected with in another life?

And any facts or encounters that have substantiated your past lives.

How has knowing about this past life changed you in this life?

nightowl
Old 12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
glpoisson

One of mine that I have written up.

Iwate prefecture in the north of the main Japanese island saw another incarnation of mine beginning in 868. I remember a terrain filled with evergreen trees and the lush green ground foliage that could take root and thrive in and around the gray granite rock which formed the backbone of the environment. No early parental memories remain as at, or very soon after birth I became the responsibility of the inhabitants of a Buddhist monastery. As I grew up I blended in to the daily life of the monastery as a servant, gardener and general errand boy.

Not allowed to undertake formal training, I observed what occurred around me and I talked to the monks as much as possible. The daily life of the monastery included much smiling and laughter, not from jokes or pranks played but from an inner peace and happiness which seemed to emanate from the monks very being. Over time I developed an attitude very much like the monks I interacted with daily. Aided by my surroundings a calm peaceful demeanor came naturally to me. This generally enhanced my abilities to learn and grow spiritually. I exercised all of my facilities of perception, including those beyond the recognized five, to attain a state of harmony similar to that enjoyed by the monks.

Class and tradition prevented the only potential for relationship in this life from progressing. The person I felt represented the ideal of womanly beauty was closely related to one of the more senior monks. This limited any interaction between us to nothing other than the strictly formal necessities of daily life. The unfulfilled sexual energy of my desire found release in some exercises taught to me by the one of the monks who took a less restrictive view on the transmission of information to the uninitiated.

At the age of 34 I passed from that life due to an accident of which I do not have any memory. I used the energy and learning of that life to pursue an intense program of spiritual awareness begun immediately after arriving on the other side. The art of living in the moment and learning by observing with senses other than the traditional five constituted much of this study and practice. Living in the moment remains a skill to be mastered in my present life. Learning by free assimilation of energy rather than rote learning or linear teaching in this current life brings me as close to the God realization I seek as I can fathom. Give me an example and some time to observe and study the example and I will attain or surpass the example.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:10 PM
nightowl

glpoisson,

What a fascinating read. How did you become aware of this past life? I love your insight on observation by more than the five senses, I took see great value in this.

I am a infant when it comes to learning about past lives. I am just beginning to piece together some things I think lead to a past life. It is quite a endeavor but fun.

nightowl
Old 13-08-2011, 02:20 AM
Docha

I want to know these things too nightowl!

I get vague glimpses or things relating to possible past lives..

Pretty sure I've got tribal/ancient ties due to dreams. And when out in nature away from the city, I can hear voices/ laughter (village life) sounds, and I grow sad with missing but don't know what I'm missing! Lol I was raised in the city.

There's quite a few more guesses but nothing solid.
Old 13-08-2011, 03:09 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
I want to know these things too nightowl!

I get vague glimpses or things relating to possible past lives..

Pretty sure I've got tribal/ancient ties due to dreams. And when out in nature away from the city, I can hear voices/ laughter (village life) sounds, and I grow sad with missing but don't know what I'm missing! Lol I was raised in the city.

There's quite a few more guesses but nothing solid.

Hey Docha,

Do you know what type of ancient tribal connection they might be?

nightowl
Old 13-08-2011, 03:26 AM
Washing dishes, a friend asked me if Kevin had left town yet.
I rolled my eyes and said - "Thank God, yes!"

At that instant it was like silver bullet hit my Third Eye - a tunnel open at 10:30 am hands in water - A "movie screen" opened to my inner vision as clear as anything.

A gray haired, wrinkle faced man - hair long tied to one side with his elbow resting on his knee telpathically was saying to a tall, strong, dark skinned bare chested
man with long shiny black hair and a spear etc - and a younger brother...

"Never harbor feelings such as this for another."

Obviously, I had not learned that lesson.

Hours later still pacing, working it all out in awe - I suddenly remembered 2 years earlier
a psychic friend "zoning out" with me, then saying, "You were an American Indian and we were married -but not this time!" Gave me a pat on the head and left.

I think I was pretty strong and was handsome. Didn't see my face, but my physique was fabulous.
And boy did I ever have a crush on this woman! It was instant and deep.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-08-2011, 03:33 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Washing dishes, a friend asked me if Kevin had left town yet.
I rolled my eyes and said - "Thank God, yes!"

At that instant it was like silver bullet hit my Third Eye - a tunnel open at 10:30 am hands in water - A "movie screen" opened to my inner vision as clear as anything.

A gray haired, wrinkle faced man - hair long tied to one side with his elbow resting on his knee telpathically was saying to a tall, strong, dark skinned bare chested
man with long shiny black hair and a spear etc - and a younger brother...

"Never harbor feelings such as this for another."

Obviously, I had not learned that lesson.

Hours later still pacing, working it all out in awe - I suddenly remembered 2 years earlier
a psychic friend "zoning out" with me, then saying, "You were an American Indian and we were married -but not this time!" Gave me a pat on the head and left.

I think I was pretty strong and was handsome. Didn't see my face, but my physique was fabulous.
And boy did I ever have a crush on this woman! It was instant and deep.

You handsome thing you, Miss Hepburn heheeelol...

This is cool, so it came to you in a flash and some through a friend...

It is good to hear that you knew you were a man in a past life...I haven't heard to many talk about being the opposite gender. I have an inkling I might have one where I was a man once too...

nightowl
Old 13-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Docha

My best guess is Native American, I dream of a couple of guides, its been a longtime passion of mine. (I dream of guides, elders etc.)

At five I saw my first cowboy movie and was extremely upset the 'Indians' didn't win...lol been hooked ever since.

I am drawn almost as much to the celts.

Hate egypt and rome..lol these are the things I go off of to try and figure it out.
Old 13-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Greenslade

I could write a book on this. Come to think of it, I nearly have :-)

For me it was this nagging feeling that there was always something more, there was something deep inside that I couldn't scratch. At the time it all started I needed some way to give vent so I wrote stories. It didn't matter if the stories were true or not but they were a way of expressing. Using the character I could play out the part. It started off as a young lad who went off on his own and before long found himself hopelessly lost in the forest. I didn't realise it at the time but later on that was to reflect my Life. As a young lad from a small hick town I joined the RAF and went out into the big wide world. The adventures of that young lad led him to a cave where the secrets of his past were given to him by a shambling old man, and the young lad had trouble believing the old man. He used to get frustrated with the old man because he would always talk in riddles. Little did the young lad realise at the time but those riddles led him to his own answers. That shambling old man has been with me a very long time in so many different guises, and even though he still sees me as a young whelp there is great respect between us. So many echoes and reflections between the fantasy and the fact.

Writing it as a story and using the character of the young lad to explore worked. I could write the character as myself and bring out... pretty much anything. The worries, the fears, the lack of understanding, the questions. His 'physical' Spiritual mentor was my Spirit Guide and writing the story (he's a scribe) gave us both ground to explore. It also helped me develop my Spirit links, something that became useful in later Life.

It wasn't until I was on one of those old MSN forums that things really took off. I recognised connections to people, then one day I had to let loose. Taking the bull by the horns I just let it all go. After having read the post (it wasn't my fingers that did the typing) I thought "You're crazy. Bonkers." What stunned me even more was that quite a few of them came back with replies that said they could only have been there, those fantastical stories weren't so fantastic any more. That developed into a website I built to have one of those 'dungeons and dragons'-type games on. The idea was that we took on characters as we saw fit and we contributed to the on-going story. Facts soon gave way to artistic licence, but that was all a part of the fun of it. But the facts mattered less and less, what did matter was exploring and reconnecting after so many lifetimes. Behind the artistic licence there were so many Past Life issues that were resolved. One especially was the relationship between a grandfather and his twin grandchildren, whom he stole away from their parents at a very early age. Their mother was his daughter and their father was his best friend. It was done for a very good reason, but everyone involved in that had a cloud which had been hanging over them for so many Lifetimes. Yes, those were the real issues of real people played out in the story. My daughter (from that Life) is still married to my best friend. They live not too far away in the wilderness of Scotland. One of the grand-daughters is Irish and at University, she'll be moving to Edinburgh soon. The other grand-daughter has sadly passed on, and I still miss her deeply. Every time I think of her, I get told that she is with the Ones she Loves. That's something I can't possibly describe and if you knew the history you would understand, but when we used to go into chat and she would banter about me being an old man....... Considering that she had hated me for so many Lifetimes and blamed me for so many things, but we resolved those issues.

Sorry, I ramble and you don't have the monopoly on that, Nightowl :-)

Docha, let your imagination loose. Forget the facts for now, they'll come later. Once you start down that road and free your mind, you'll find your answers come from a different place. If you had been an Indian or a Celt, what would you have been like back then? I'm not sure why you hate Egypt so much but Rome I can understand. During those times Rome was busy conquering and destroying so much of what would have been your Life then.
Old 13-08-2011, 03:15 PM
SenyxPanda

I, myself, have no knowledge of my past lives but I believe I've had one or more in Japan (before the modern time, when they still wore kimonos), Egypt (during the Pharaohs), and in England (around the time when King Henry VII).

I wish I knew a hypnotist so I could uncover my past lives. Just thinking about it makes me squeal with excitement!