Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-11-2018, 02:43 AM
Seeker
Art about the dead

Does anyone make art about spirits they have hung out with or gotten to know?

I was working as a carpenter in a house with a lot of acitivy and over time got to know a few spirits that hung around the house. Initially at first visit i got a lot of impressions and basically decided to document most of my time there. I interacted and got to know a few, as well as understand some of the mechanics of a haunting, which fascinated me. Some were confused, some residual, some very cognizant. Some stronger than others and some simply malicious. I recorded their voices.. mostly because there was so much going on no-one would believe me if i hadn’t. It’s one thing to tell someone what you perceived vs something that they can hear, that’s tangible.

Over time it’s turned into kind of something i need to let out, of my own volition as some kind of loose end I have not tied up. i decided to make it into a thing. An audio visual project, as an installation. Rooms featuring each, on speakers with associated items either physical or things i have written about each during interactions.

I have a few ethical concerns.

-Consent. The use of voices in art without consent… I am mulling it all over and have no problem with residual sounds. The project is solemn and respectful, not carnivalesque or tacky.
There is something that keeps some of them an I have not decided to address that or not. Gotta think it out.

-There is always the concern that playing such things in such a way will generate activity. Perhaps. But I am unsure if that would be a bad thing.

-I don’t use any names for any of it

-yet to be determined

As I put it together the thoughts pile on. I just wondered if other made art about the dead as well.

Let me know!
Old 12-11-2018, 03:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammoniaeyes
Does anyone make art about spirits they have hung out with or gotten to know?

I was working as a carpenter in a house with a lot of acitivy and over time got to know a few spirits that hung around the house. Initially at first visit i got a lot of impressions and basically decided to document most of my time there. I interacted and got to know a few, as well as understand some of the mechanics of a haunting, which fascinated me. Some were confused, some residual, some very cognizant. Some stronger than others and some simply malicious. I recorded their voices.. mostly because there was so much going on no-one would believe me if i hadn’t. It’s one thing to tell someone what you perceived vs something that they can hear, that’s tangible.

Over time it’s turned into kind of something i need to let out, of my own volition as some kind of loose end I have not tied up. i decided to make it into a thing. An audio visual project, as an installation. Rooms featuring each, on speakers with associated items either physical or things i have written about each during interactions.

I have a few ethical concerns.

-Consent. The use of voices in art without consent… I am mulling it all over and have no problem with residual sounds. The project is solemn and respectful, not carnivalesque or tacky.
There is something that keeps some of them an I have not decided to address that or not. Gotta think it out.

-There is always the concern that playing such things in such a way will generate activity. Perhaps. But I am unsure if that would be a bad thing.

-I don’t use any names for any of it

-yet to be determined

As I put it together the thoughts pile on. I just wondered if other made art about the dead as well.

Let me know!
Think of it like a huge audio version of an internet chat room. For the most part, those spirits who communicate with you are totally anonymous...they may even give you a name, but it is never their 'real name'...they go by aliases all the time. So, even if you sought consent from them, they wouldn't be able to give it in any way that it could be relevant on this plane whatsoever.

I am a veteran of doing EVP and ITC work and you really have no clue who/ what you are talking to anyway, because they will only tell you what they want you to believe...and they can also read minds and access your memories...There is no way to prove anything beyond hearing and recording their voices.

So, if they know you are recording them, those who don't want to be recorded, won't speak... That's the way it works with them.