Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 30-10-2016, 02:58 AM
Master
Is silence synonymous with responsibility?

I don't get the equation between silence and responsibility. I understand that I am responsible for myself. I understand that a quiet mind brings peace and even union with God.

But how does the responsibility of being God equate with silence? I think it becomes apparent that most self-realised beings are more silent than they are responsible. One can be silent and be in union - but that does not make you as responsible as God.

Is it a dangerous equation? That silence and responsibility go hand in hand? Any thoughts?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-10-2016, 05:31 AM
Master
I am not aware of any connection between silence and responsibility. What context did you hear that?
Old 30-10-2016, 06:40 AM
Master
Well, I AM is a state of both complete silence and complete responsibility for oneself.

Old 30-10-2016, 11:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Well, I AM is a state of both complete silence and complete responsibility for oneself.
Ok, but that does not suggest a link between the two. Pretty clear to me that one can be only silent or only responsible for ones self.

Perhaps the better question is why does 'I AM' have two components.
Old 31-10-2016, 03:22 AM
Master
It is a funny thing.....I find my sense of responsibility keeps bumping into a brick wall. It is a bit like I try to be responsible but some 'force' shears the responsibility away. For example - try controlling the out come of rolling a pair of dice. If you roll two dice the outcome can be anywhere between rolling number 2 and rolling number 12. Theoretically a responsible being could control the outcome of their roll. But we find the dice are totally unpredictable. They fall randomly....or so it seems. But there IS some kind of force at work....the force of silence?

Old 31-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Which responsibility would you like to Bear, when God is caring over you ?

(the only right answer is of your Happiness)

Complete silence makes you aware, that you made this world up, but God can save you from it. So it is your Responsibility to recognize this.
Old 13-11-2016, 04:07 AM
Master

Quote:
I don't get the equation between silence and responsibility. I understand that I am responsible for myself. I understand that a quiet mind brings peace and even union with God.

But how does the responsibility of being God equate with silence? I think it becomes apparent that most self-realised beings are more silent than they are responsible. One can be silent and be in union - but that does not make you as responsible as God.

Is it a dangerous equation? That silence and responsibility go hand in hand? Any thoughts?

it comes back to the free will thing. At one extreme if you are god you can control everything and make it all happen the way you want in the time you want; at the other you can step back, be silent, and allow things to be self-determining, let them learn to relate to life for themselves instead of always dictating every little detail.

This is also why the sabbath is important: the intent is to spend one day a week not stirring up the pot, so to speak. give it room to be as it is?
Old 18-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Master
Quote:

When it applies to being quiet and listening to others, that's a responsibility I believe we all have. Can't always learn when one is running his or her mouth.
Old 19-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
It is a funny thing.....I find my sense of responsibility keeps bumping into a brick wall. It is a bit like I try to be responsible but some 'force' shears the responsibility away. For example - try controlling the out come of rolling a pair of dice. If you roll two dice the outcome can be anywhere between rolling number 2 and rolling number 12. Theoretically a responsible being could control the outcome of their roll. But we find the dice are totally unpredictable. They fall randomly....or so it seems. But there IS some kind of force at work....the force of silence?

some things are in our control, some things are not, its not one or the other.

We need to be aware of and refine those things in our control, and not be too concerned with those things out of our control.

Trying to control that which is out of our control causes oneself suffering.
Mastering the control of oneself, of that which one is in control of is the end of suffering, or at least it is diminished greatly.

Silence is silence, so what? Silence doesn't cause responsibility any more than sound causes irresponsibility.

Being born into this world one is immediately compelled by freedom and responsibility. For a time we are helpless, (as Children) and slowly as we grow older we enter into greater and greater self freedom and self responsibility.

We as humans attempt to place blame onto others, but the very act of placing it reveals who owns it, as one cannot place or give what they themselves do not own.

When we take responsibility for ourselves we then become masters of ourselves, when we do not take responsibility for ourselves and submit our minds to the thoughts/opinions/will of others, then we become mastered.
Old 19-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Master
self mastery and the end of my suffering are not my primary goals. but I do agree that self responsibility is important.