Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 25-12-2010, 09:31 PM
mahakali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
So mind = consciousness?Everything? Do you have to be a murderer, torturer, rapist as well, and do you have to be all the persons and creatures that exist and have existed? All in the name of ''spirit evolution'', but yet this ''spirit'' has no need for that according to spiritual evolutionists...We cannot be separate from the universe, existing means we are a part of it. Can you have one outside the ''3th dimensional reality''?

''Having one'' also sounds like separation.
''Who'' is it that has a soul?
you already know, and yes we all have been murderers in a past life this is how the Buddha can say that having compassion for everyone is easier when he sees himself in all beings saying yes i too have been there.
Sira

Chrysaetos wrote: "Where are the denser places?"
I wrote an answer but then deleted it. The more I answer the more you question. Meditate, and you will find your own answers.
Sira

Quote:
Unless you are omniscient you cannot know such things. We become this, we become that.. but have you become?
This is for me to know and for you to find out, for yourself.
Old 25-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
you already know, and yes we all have been murderers in a past life this is how the Buddha can say that having compassion for everyone is easier when he sees himself in all beings saying yes i too have been there.
If that is true, then where's the proof for you, me or someone else being a murderer in a past life? It is guess work and speculation based on religious books.
Old 25-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira
Chrysaetos wrote: "Where are the denser places?"
I wrote an answer but then deleted it. The more I answer the more you question. Meditate, and you will find your own answers.
''Your own answers''

Precisely! People experience what they want and desire, based on their upbringing, culture, religion, desires, ideologies and so forth.
Personal experience is not always trustworthy!
Old 25-12-2010, 09:34 PM
mahakali

Quote:
Unless you are omniscient you cannot know such things. We become this, we become that.. but have you become?
sometimes one can tapp into divine knowledge or "have revelations" i think sometimes it is a guide or spirit or god that turns us on to these miracles. hope you dont mind Sira for me to add my 2 cents
Old 25-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Sira

Quote:
sometimes one can tapp into divine knowledge or "have revelations" i think sometimes it is a guide or spirit or god that turns us on to these miracles. hope you dont mind Sira for me to add my 2 cents
No, I appreciate it!
Old 25-12-2010, 09:37 PM
mahakali

Quote:
''Your own answers''

Precisely! People experience what they want and desire, based on their upbringing, culture, religion, desires, ideologies and so forth.
Personal experience is not always trustworthy!
i was brought up atheist and in the bible belt of good ol southern GA. my mom is disgusted by my interest in Buddhist and Vedic philosophy.
Old 25-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Guides, spirits, gods.. all dependable on the culture we live in, the beliefs we have, the desires we have. The mind has amazing powers. A Christian will ''experience'' a Jesus and a Hindu will ''experience'' a Krishna. It is obvious.
Quote:
i was brought up atheist and in the bible belt of good ol southern GA. my mom is disgusted by my interest in Buddhist and Vedic philosophy.
In our age of globalisation and technology, we easily gain new information from other cultures. We might not fully accept the culture we were born in, but through modern media (and also books) can we become influenced by other cultures.
Old 25-12-2010, 09:43 PM
mahakali

Quote:
If that is true, then where's the proof for you, me or someone else being a murderer in a past life? It is guess work and speculation based on religious books.
maybe i was not a murderer or maybe i was in this life, many have murdered for there freedom or to protect. maybe i was a concurer in a past life and was responsible for the death of thousands. in the past there were so many wars, so many killings in the name of whatever. chances are, i was a part of it.

if so would you forgive me? would you love me as a Buddha? your spirit certainly would. compassion has no end, no opinion, no conditions. the love is so universal and every feeling good or bad steams from it.