Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 17-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Ascender

Mirrors

What does everyone think of mirrors and divination? I think it's a very interesting subject. I love the one where you look into a mirror and you see your future husband/wife. My grandma did it, except she used a well and she did it on the summer solstice. She claims she saw my grandpa in the well! Anyone ever hear of that? You can put any input on mirrors and divination on this thread!
Old 17-03-2011, 12:43 AM
nightowl

LadyVirgoxoxo

I have heard of this before, I think I even saw this in a movie but I can't remember which one. I know there is an old folk belief that the soul of a dying person could get trap in a mirror. They use to cover the mirrors in the house when someone was dying so as to prevent trapping the spirit of that person in the mirror.

Interesting topic, I hope others share some more experiences.

nightowl
Old 17-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Ascender

Yes I have heard of that one! My mom told me that when she was a kid, in her village, they would cover the mirrors. She never knew why, she just did it, well now she knows!
I love village people and all the things they believe in! They have such old-fashioned views.
Old 17-03-2011, 12:57 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
Yes I have heard of that one! My mom told me that when she was a kid, in her village, they would cover the mirrors. She never knew why, she just did it, well now she knows!
I love village people and all the things they believe in! They have such old-fashioned views.

yes! me too! They are close to my heart, except in my case they are mountain folk.
Old 17-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Moonangel

Iv got a black mirror but im a bit scared of it...iv had it a few yrs and at first used it alot, i didnt get very far with visions ect, but would often feel spirit close by and/or feel a cool breeze on my face.

Any tips on black mirrors? I might have another go with it..
Old 17-03-2011, 01:19 AM
nightowl

Wow, never heard of a black mirror? Is it made for divination? What is it made out of?? Interesting...
Old 17-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Ascender

nightowl: I love their old ways, they seem wiser and smarter than most people in cities.

Moonangel: Black mirrors sound very interesting. Would you care to elaborate on it?
Old 17-03-2011, 05:02 AM
Uhmar

I have always read if you are going to mirror scry then to use a black mirror, I just can't recall why lol other then they absorb the image instead of reflect the image

I remember reading about a guy who had a room with nothing in it but a black mirror and he would let people sit in it in the dark and you were suppposed to see visions in it .. Kinda like a mirror spirt quest.
here is a how to make one site and another one on black mirrors history

http://www.ehow.com/how_4461102_make-black-mirror.html
http://www.rosicrucians.org/salon/mirrors/mirrors.html
Old 17-03-2011, 05:49 AM
SoaringSpirit

I made my own black mirror and use it on occasion, but I haven't used it for a while now
Old 17-03-2011, 08:56 AM
iklenic

wow this is very interesting, can I please ask, do you gaze kind of 'past' it, like if you are looking for an aura, where you let your eyes relax? out of focus
x