Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Is evolution compatible with Christianity?

i can't speak for "Christianity", because they are all imperfect humans, myself included. even some of them believe a bit or are confused concerning this topic. but concerning Jehovah God and Jesus, absolutly not! most who taught/ teach how the universe actually began. don't believe in a Spirit High Being/GOD! Jehovah God and Jesus are very real, and they both KNOW, how this all came about.

because they are the ones who started and created them. once again statn plays a big part of false beliefs and teachings. he know he will soon be dstryed, and he's taking as many as he can with them ,(Rev.12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabited of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he know that he hath but a short time). peace
Old 06-07-2018, 02:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
So Theo do you think it's compatible?
The teaching of the Bible clearly contradicts evolution. However, people have the ability to believe contradictory things. In his novel 1984 George Orwell described this ability as "doublethink". For this reason there are Christians who believe in evolution.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
The teaching of the Bible clearly contradicts evolution. However, people have the ability to believe contradictory things. In his novel 1984 George Orwell described this ability as "doublethink". For this reason there are Christians who believe in evolution.
In the second (yet uncompleted) Chapter of the treatise I am composing, titled "What Jesus REALLY Meant," I present a detailed explanation of and discuss THE FLOW of LIFE in reincarnational and post-incarnational terms. (Jesus himself believed in reincarnation, As is clearly evident in Matthew 17:10-13, BTW.)

As part of that discussion, in a footnote (including hyperlinks which are active below as well) I state:
* Arguments between Bible indoctrinated Creationists and Physical-Science indoctrinated Darwinians pertaining to the ‘designs’ which are apparent in the Universe are unresolvable because both ‘doctrines derive from an deficient set of premises. As I have propositionally presented and hopefully convincingly explained in relation to Jesus’ Father↔Son paradigm in Chapter 1, Creation is a multiplistically determined, every-part-affects-the-Whole, phenomenon. Every aspect – i.e. every ‘plane’, ‘column’, ‘row’, and ‘element’, analogically speaking – in the Matrix (i.e. Matriarch!) of Life is a creative Love‑and-Joy program-code ‘executive’ in its own right! And though co-motional co-incidences may indeed be ‘non-determined’ (i.e. random) occurrences and so appropriately regarded as just being ‘accidental’ whenever and wherever no ‘determining’ cause is operative, the fact is that purely numbers-based ‘natural selection’ deductions deriving from calculations that specific features of Life had or have a greater mathematical probability of contextually ‘surviving’ and ‘propagating’ fall far short of explaining the obviously[!] intelligently artful (to say the very least!) beauty and whimsy that are gobsmackingly evident in the ‘designs’ of a great many lifeforms, this even in sightless[!] contexts!

(This is not to say that such lifeforms don’t also have many built in features that are clearly utilitarian, and so may well be probabalistically ‘selected’ for in the ‘game’ of species ‘survival’ and ‘propagation’, mind you! But, if you are one who is presently such a confirmed Darwinist that you only ‘see’ things through that particular 'lens', I invite you to do an internet search for and watch videos pertaining to sea slugs, sea bunnies and other unusual sea creatures which I think are especially illustrative of, and so may in your case, if you honestly ponder whether ‘natural selection’ as a operative principle could have possibly been enough cause such ‘designs’, be eye-opening in relation to, what I am talking about here. If not, you might as well also choose to believe that a monkey that kept on plinking on the keys of a typewriter, if it only did so for a long enough period of time, could and would eventually generate the equivalent of a work of Shakespeare, copies of which might be made and distributed, assuming of course there was an audience intelligent enough to appreciatively ‘select’ and share it for its educational and entertainment value.)
With regards to the what the source of the above-referenced intelligently 'artistry' may be, in the paragraph preceding the above footnote, I state:
Another Love and Joy experiencing and expressing ‘career’ which souls which have an aptitude to so do may post-incarnationally embark on is that of being a mind-over-matter Master of Design,* which I personally didn’t appreciate the full importance of until I read accounts relating to such ‘specialization’ (among others) in the Chapter 8 of Michael Newton’s book, Destiny of Souls, titled The Advancing Soul. Such beings cooperatively help to ‘engineer’ planetary environments as well as specifics relating to the physical constellations of cell-based lifeforms which populate them so they conjointly become systemically capable of sustaining living bodies which can physically register and communally share and so effectively host the growth of Love and Joy experiencing and expressing souls such as ours. One might say, they help establish ‘rookeries’ for the ‘hatching’ and ‘fledging’ of Cosmic Consciousness, i.e. for aspects of Life to develop to the point where they consciously apprehend their and everyone else’s Oneness with, and so, thenceforth, devote themselves to the maximal actualization of, The Flow of Love and Joy in conjunction with others, as spoken of in this chapter.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
no, God does NOT expect humans to be "perfect", because he KNOWS, that we were born through imperfection. Adam was a perfect man, if he had NOT partake that forbidden fruit, we would today be perfect. but Adam did, making him them imperfect. which cause ALL coming after him imperfect sinners,(Rom.5:12 -Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned). he just expect his servants to do their very best. peace

You speak for yourself. I wasn't born through any imperfection. And Adam was hardly a perfect man as he was only fit to till the ground. How can Genesis be reconciled with itself when on the one hand we are told to multiply and then, when Adam makes a start, it's a sin.
By the way when we see paintings or drawings of Adam why is he seen to have nipples and a belly-button. Not being born of woman he wouldn't have such things.
If you read Shaw's 'Back to Methusula' you'll quickly see the reason why Adam ripped off Eve's fig leaf - because living for eternity on the Earth tilling the ground and having to be perfect would drive any man or woman insane.

No, one of the reasons we are here is to act as representatives of a creative force to allow all manner of experience to be added to that which Jung called 'The collective Unconscious' - nothing else makes sense.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:32 PM
Master
I thought the story about Adam and Eve in Eden started here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...rden-Eden.html

Meanwhile among Siberian hunter-gatherers, nothing is known about the fall of man:
https://siberiantimes.com/other/othe...ay-scientists/
Old 07-07-2018, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
When did Einstein tell us that?

"Time and space are modes in which we think, and not conditions in which we live."
Einstein
You can research the date.

Also - "Reality is an illusion, albeit a very persistant one."
Einstein

Space/Time is the foundation of material reality.

Again, eliminate the issue of time, which we are told is illusory, and what is evident is, "Creation".
What else happens by eliminating the issue of time?
Spiritual truths taught in other faiths align with Christianity.
There is One Truth after all. God is Truth.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-07-2018, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
no, God does NOT expect humans to be "perfect", because he KNOWS, that we were born through imperfection. Adam was a perfect man, if he had NOT partake that forbidden fruit, we would today be perfect. but Adam did, making him them imperfect. which cause ALL coming after him imperfect sinners,(Rom.5:12 -Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned). he just expect his servants to do their very best. peace

Amen. And so eternal life comes to all who believe, thanks to One Man.

Seems to me though, that the situation of Adam and Eve was an angelic one, if you look and think about it.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-07-2018, 01:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
I thought the story about Adam and Eve in Eden started here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...rden-Eden.html

Meanwhile among Siberian hunter-gatherers, nothing is known about the fall of man:
https://siberiantimes.com/other/othe...ay-scientists/

Have you considered that "the big bang", time as we know it today, and evolution within time began at "the fall"?
You should, and perhaps, quit acting so smug.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:40 AM
Suspended

One interesting thing about both being true would be it probably means God is not all powerful. If God had to use evolution to create advanced life forms, it means this God did not have the power to instantly create them. It's like God had to put all the ingredients in a bowl, mix them up, and stick them in an oven to cook. This God could not snap it's fingers and make a cake. This God would be abiding by laws of the universe and reality which would imply this God did not make the rules. It also implies this God did not create the basic building blocks of living things.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:48 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Another ... ‘career’ which souls which have an aptitude to so do may post-incarnationally embark on is that of being a mind-over-matter Master of Design,* which I personally didn’t appreciate the full importance of until I read accounts relating to such ‘specialization’ (among others) in the Chapter 8 of Michael Newton’s book, Destiny of Souls, titled The Advancing Soul. Such beings cooperatively help to ‘engineer’ planetary environments as well as specifics relating to the physical constellations of cell-based lifeforms which populate them

That adds a 3rd possibility. There is a God, there is evolution, and what we may do between lives, if we are advanced and skilled enough and have an interest in the work, is create planets and the life forms on them.