Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 13-08-2018, 10:04 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,957
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheart
I both agree & disagree with you. Realising Divinity is both easy and hard. But if you form your personality in a non-spiritual environment it will be very difficult to change your perspectives later. And probably you wouldn't be very much opened to new possabilities...

If one's child parents go to work 10 hours a day, of course he will watch and enjoy pornography and very soon will assume that there's nothing wrong with that. If someone in shcool had explained to him the consequences of this practise he will think twice before doing it, you know. If they told him " hey mate, the main purpose of sexual act is giving life & when we practise it for personal pleasure is as if we screw with the life-giving force, it is a triumph of disrespect!".Do you agree?

Sure, they teach some basic psychology, which only gives sweet nothing, no use of this subject in school.

Such a person would start searching of God only if a terrible accident happen in their life.And we shouldn't search Him just for personal benefit, but out of love, and because He is important. Just sharing my thoughts, that's all.

Divinity, God...nothing is more important than that. Today is just one more day, in which I didn't have to use trigonometry...
It is all about focus and balance.

I mean, I am no "angel" ...I am very spiritual, but occasionally I will indulge in casual sex...I mean, once every few years and always with the same person I am not at all close to, except on a physical level.

I'll occasionally smoke weed, get drunk, eat meat, party hard, have sex for days...then it is out of my system for the next year or three.

It is the difference between being a Shaivite vs a Gaudiya Vaishnava, I guess....and I have been both, so I still have fondness for Lord Krishna.

I'm also a Tantric Sadhvik so these things are pretty much all "par for the course" and it doesn't mean that I love God any more or less.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 13-08-2018, 10:11 AM
blueheart blueheart is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 86
  blueheart's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
It is all about focus and balance.

I mean, I am no "angel" ...I am very spiritual, but occasionally I will indulge in casual sex...I mean, once every few years and always with the same person I am not at all close to, except on a physical level.

I'll occasionally smoke weed, get drunk, eat meat, party hard, have sex for days...then it is out of my system for the next year or three.

It is the difference between being a Shaivite vs a Gaudiya Vaishnava, I guess....and I have been both, so I still have fondness for Lord Krishna.

I'm also a Tantric Sadhvik so these things are pretty much all "par for the course" and it doesn't mean that I love God any more or less.



Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 13-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,957
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheart


LOL..yeah, I'll just leave it there.... suffice to say that those things I learned about spirituality, one cannot teach to impressionable children in school.

Can you imagine it, playground fights erupting over whose vibration is higher while apples have a better reason to get discarded from school lunchboxes...and if you haven't guessed it, I am still in the middle of my biennial binge.

However, I am told I am much more "spiritual" this way.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 13-08-2018, 10:58 AM
blueheart blueheart is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 86
  blueheart's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
LOL..yeah, I'll just leave it there.... suffice to say that those things I learned about spirituality, one cannot teach to impressionable children in school.

Can you imagine it, playground fights erupting over whose vibration is higher while apples have a better reason to get discarded from school lunchboxes...and if you haven't guessed it, I am still in the middle of my biennial binge.

However, I am told I am much more "spiritual" this way.

"Consider how hard is to change yourself, than think about how hard is to change others"... I can't change your beliefs, but there is no need actually. I say this, because it is useless for us to argue :) But I appreciate the things you say. Since you are oppened to new possibilities, instead of smoking it, boil it in milk & see for yourself, it can be a spiritual experience...if you know what I mean... :)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 13-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,957
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheart
"Consider how hard is to change yourself, than think about how hard is to change others"... I can't change your beliefs, but there is no need actually. I say this, because it is useless for us to argue :) But I appreciate the things you say. Since you are oppened to new possibilities, instead of smoking it, boil it in milk & see for yourself, it can be a spiritual experience...if you know what I mean... :)
I've had bhang before... nothing new there.

It is not a question of changing yourself only to become somebody you are not in the process. There is also honesty with yourself and others.

Often, it is our conditioned inhibitions which prevents the ultimate spiritual realisation.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 13-08-2018, 11:55 AM
blueheart blueheart is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 86
  blueheart's Avatar
If you could go backwards at 7 years old, without memories, new start & if you could choose, would you want to meet spirituality in early age or leave things develope naturally ?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 13-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,957
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheart
If you could go backwards at 7 years old, without memories, new start & if you could choose, would you want to meet spirituality in early age or leave things develope naturally ?
If I was going backwards from 27 and not just 7, it would make more of a difference.

I still have all my "imaginary friends" that no intelligent "grown up" can ever convince me that it is just a function of my "overactive imagination" so, if I am going to be counting back from 7 in THIS lifetime, can I also do that with all my previous ones too? Should be fun.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 13-08-2018, 12:36 PM
blueheart blueheart is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 86
  blueheart's Avatar
oh mate Ii've got weak english skills so i am not sure if I expressed myself properly & i'm not sure that I understood what you said; i meant just to go back at 7 & would you want to get familiar with spirituality in early age... Nevermind, it's not important :)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 13-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,957
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheart
oh mate Ii've got weak english skills so i am not sure if I expressed myself properly & i'm not sure that I understood what you said; i meant just to go back at 7 & would you want to get familiar with spirituality in early age... Nevermind, it's not important :)
I already was and I knew no other way.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 13-08-2018, 02:07 PM
blueheart blueheart is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 86
  blueheart's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I already was and I knew no other way.

Okay, thanks. :)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums