Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 20-07-2014, 12:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Zack
I found a PDF of the book online and have been reading it for a little while, it makes sense that castor oil could work. I'll finish more of the book and likely order some off Ebay, although it's too bad I'd have to wait several days for it to arrive.

As a few members' posts predicted/hinted at, the nausea has come back within the past couple hours although it's mostly confined to having a really weak feeling in my stomach again. I remember having this feeling for almost an entire Summer in 2008, and later included/led to asthma attacks and severe anxiety for years. Parts of this Summer feel like a reflection of 2008, so I'm getting scared lately over what else could happen. Of course, talking and worrying about it so much really doesn't do me any favors.

Could you share what was going on for you--in your life--in the summer of 2008? That might be a big clue.

Lora
Old 20-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
The yogurt (I recommend Chobani if you can get it. I was eating "Greek yogurt" before--but it's worlds apart from Chobani. It is rich, thick and has many, many kinds of beneficial cultures in it)--the yogurt will help but eventually you will need to recognize your body calling attention to your own fears related to your gut, your basic well-being. It is the core of the "me" you are and problems with it indicate some imbalance in how you feel about yourself and your safety--either physically or spiritually.

Work on the physical, but don't forget what caused the body imbalance. That will deal with the problem once-and-for-all. But expect that it might take a while.

Lora

Never heard of that yogurt before, but I'll see if any stores around me carry it. I've been eating Activia, which has probiotic culture in it, but there's bound to be better stuff out there.

I recognize that there are many emotional issues that are causing me to feel sick, I see truth in that because I've been scared of many, many things for a lot of my life and have also been nauseous during and because of the fear. Long enough for random nausea to be a common occurrence, even when I'm not worrying about anything. For comparison, one of my friends has a similar lifestyle as I do in the sense of not having a job or going to school, basically sitting on the computer all day. He's overweight by a good 100 pounds and his diet is worse than mine, plus he doesn't get any exercise, yet he is rarely sick at all. He usually asks my brother and I "why are you kids so ill all the time?"
My friend repeatedly says he likes his life (of not doing anything) and isn't scared about the future or the hurry to get his life started, while I'm throwing a fit over pretty much everything, so it must be some inner trouble that's making me feel so bad. (I shouldn't speak for him, but it's just an example)

How do I deal with this imbalance, though? I don't have a clue as to what I should be working on or what the specific imbalance is. Thoughts can't be forcefully changed, which is why I don't like the idea of chanting a bunch of mantras because I know my belief in what I'm saying won't be very high, thus not genuine.
Old 20-07-2014, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator
I totally, totally understand about the 'camera down the throat' thing. I think I'd say no to that as well!

Ideas....

Get a tent and camp in the woods. Take some water and simple food with you like cheese sandwiches and fruit. Grapes and apples. (options of course possible!) Drink water.

Find a secret garden somewhere and go there, look at the sky -and breathe. Forget the rat race. Take some time out. Enjoy something....(?) What do you love? Do it. Dance in the middle of the night in the middle of the woods! Listen to beautiful music. Get a bunch of friends together and climb a mountain. Take your clothes off. Have sex. Laugh for goodness sake. Find something hilarious and laugh a real belly-laugh. Get to know some animals.
Old 20-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Could you share what was going on for you--in your life--in the summer of 2008? That might be a big clue.

Lora

I think the one time I mentioned this stuff to somebody on a different forum quite a while ago, they suggested that my parents' divorce could have had something to do with it, even though that happened in January 2008 and not Summer.

There wasn't really anything important happening in my life at the time that I can recall. Even though I didn't have an interest in spiritual stuff back then (even now, I don't really know much), I didn't think there was something going on that made me react poorly or with some kind of stress-induced symptom. I kept wondering why I felt so sick and in pain all the time because it seemed like nothing made me feel bad.

Near the end of June, which was when I was finishing grade 9, I felt little moments of anxiety that were different from what I had had in the past. Before this, I would only get scared for the first day of school or when I got nauseous. Eating meals as a kid always brought out anxiety in me, which brought on horrible gag/retch filled panic attacks and/or long periods of hating food and happened often enough to likely stunt my growth. (my Dad is 5'9-5'10, I'm 5'7) Anyways, aside from specific events that set me off, anxiety over nothing was new to me. At first, it wasn't so bad because the only feeling I got was an odd shaking in my body and wasn't anywhere near bad enough to make me freak out. I attributed this to being worried about P.E. because it was the one class where none of my friends were in, and I suck at sports.

Except for that one class, I really liked school and pretty much always have liked it besides being scared for the first day back from any kind of vacation, so I wasn't thrilled for Summer. I think it was the last day of school, I began to get a gagging feeling any time I ate. Eating in general was a little difficult and I didn't want to do it, although this sensation wasn't new to me and it seems to pop up every year or two. This quickly turned into loathing eating and feeling sick whenever I did (or didn't, there was no relief). I developed the same weak stomach feeling I have now, and it lasted for several weeks or possibly months, and I repeatedly sat outside in the sun eating yogurt, which made me feel only slightly better.

Around the end of July, I was going out to buy a new guitar for school (music class), and the store was about 30 minutes away. I was in the backseat reading a magazine, about 5 minutes into the trip before I was stricken with the worst weak stomach feeling I've ever had; it was like I had no midsection at all, and the "heart attack" sensation people have when having extreme panic attacks. I hadn't really had one before that wasn't linked to being afraid of throwing up, so I was freaking out and begging my Mom to pull over but she wouldn't, which has always annoyed the **** out of me because for years my Mom constantly undermined how bad I feel and thought I'm exaggerating or making it up. The panic attack lasted pretty much the whole trip there and the whole trip back, where I took my sweatshirt off and buried my face in it so I didn't have to look out the window. Long story short, that caused an intense fear of being in vehicles for years that has only calmed down since May after having treatments with something called Brainwave Optimization. It's not completely gone and I'm still nervous, but the days of being on constant alert when going 5 minutes away are finally gone.

After that big panic attack happened, I mostly confined myself to home for Summer (similar case for years afterwards, too) with the exception of a few trips around town, which still terrified me. A few weeks after that, I went to bed one night in early-mid August and woke up after a couple hours hyperventilating. It had nothing to do with a bad dream, I just couldn't breathe. I spent several hours rolling around in bed, gasping for air until I eventually fell asleep and woke up in the morning feeling the same. This caused many freakouts over the coming weeks, as I couldn't breathe, was petrified to leave the house, felt nauseated all the time, and didn't want to eat. A chiropractor later told me that my breathing trouble was likely due to wearing a heavy backpack for the previous school year instead of using a locker, which compressed my spine. Makes sense, although I don't know why it popped up like 6 weeks after I was done school and hadn't carried a backpack since that time. I think I only made it through two or three appointments before I had a panic attack in front of him due to my stomach feeling really weak and it wouldn't allow me to lay still. I can breathe fine now, although minor problems appear every so often and my back always needs cracking due to being so tight.

Overall, it seemed like a ton of random occurrences based off of nothing (except for the breathing problems) coming together and making me feel awful. Most of what I described carried on well into the new school year, which was the worst year I've ever had due to trying to stifle panic attacks every single day until I'd had enough and chose to finish high school online at home rather than deal with anxiety in front of so many people all the time. The only other thing that I can remember is becoming really sick/anxious about the orthodontist appointments I had, as I had braces at the time. (from November 2007 to February 2010) I've always been afraid of dental appointments, but it flared up a lot that Summer and I had a few panic attacks in front of the staff over the years due to my gag reflex and the Summer '08 anxiety taking over my life. I have had common nausea since around 2006, but after that Summer, it definitely got much worse.

Quite a lot of personal information to divulge on here, especially in a thread about nausea, but I hope it's detailed enough for somebody to make sense of it because the whole thing seems pretty random to me.
Old 20-07-2014, 01:51 AM
Master
Zack--

Before I even finish--this statement really struck me:

Eating meals as a kid always brought out anxiety in me,

It strikes me as really odd because eating is so vital and (usually) enjoyable.

I just have to ask why this was. Were you punished for eating or not eating? Or for not eating enough or too much? Were there arguments at the table while people ate?

I just can't go on without knowing this part first.

Lora
Old 20-07-2014, 01:52 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Find a secret garden somewhere and go there, look at the sky -and breathe. Forget the rat race.

I could do that, I suppose. I go on bike rides every so often and keep wanting to stop somewhere to sit and do nothing, but I never do it.

Quote:
Enjoy something....(?) What do you love? Do it.
As pathetic as it sounds, most of what I like to do is electronic and inside. I've done so much of it that I'm bored yet still like it.

Quote:
Dance in the middle of the night in the middle of the woods! Listen to beautiful music.
I've made a small hobby out of finding as much new music as I can, which takes up some time and is fairly enjoyable. but I think walking into a pitch black forest just to dance around would make me feel a little psychotic.

Quote:
Get a bunch of friends together and climb a mountain.
My friends (myself included) are so unadventurous that the best I can hope for at the moment is to go walking for a few hours, which I really hope we can do when I see them next.

Quote:
Take your clothes off. Have sex.
It's nowhere near that easy if you're not in a big social circle or really attractive. I can't just get girls to have sex with me, although random sex is not what I want. Never had a girlfriend in my life, my previous post is the reason why.

Quote:
Laugh for goodness sake. Find something hilarious and laugh a real belly-laugh.
I laugh all day long and constantly tell jokes, it feels like a distraction from how I actually feel.

Quote:
Get to know some animals.
I have four cats, and as mean as it sounds, the thrill of them kind of wore off.

I appreciate the advice, but I don't feel like it relates to me very much. Sorry, I'm trying not to be rude.
Old 20-07-2014, 02:01 AM
Master
Zack--

After reading your entire entry, I'm still struck by the difficulty with food. Appetites for food represent life, and so I wonder where these difficulties with food began. It has to be pretty strong to counteract what is a very pleasurable thing (food and eating), so I really wonder what else there is to this story.

The other "random" things that you talk about--stem from that. Like with eating disorders like bulemia, etc., many severe illnesses can result, including heart attacks. No doubt the same can happen to the the stomach--or rather many not-good things can happen.

The fact that the nausea was linked with riding in cars (and with other things which are now unpleasant) is not surprising.

Does your brother (you said you had one, right?) experience the same thing? Does anyone in your family have a difficult time eating--your mother, other kids?

The gag reflex, emotionally/spiritually, is a need to push back against what is being forced on you. Were you forced to eat? When you were a child, were there food issues? Were you bottle fed? Did your mom let you eat what you felt like eating?

I'm sorry to sound all Freudian here, but this is all really basic, doesn't-get-more-important kind of stuff when eating is your issue. And it seems to be not getting better. It's important for you to get a handle on this now (like I'm telling you anything you don't already know--much more than any of us can).
Sorry to say the obvious.

I just think there is still more to this story.

Lora
Old 20-07-2014, 02:17 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Zack--

Before I even finish--this statement really struck me:

Eating meals as a kid always brought out anxiety in me,

It strikes me as really odd because eating is so vital and (usually) enjoyable.

I just have to ask why this was. Were you punished for eating or not eating? Or for not eating enough or too much? Were there arguments at the table while people ate?

I just can't go on without knowing this part first.

Lora

As far back as I can remember, I just didn't like eating. I didn't like being called to sit down at the table at a certain time and have my parents watch me eat and essentially trap me in this tight space (sitting on a chair and tucked into the table makes me feel claustrophobic) until I've finished most of my food, regardless of how sick or unwilling I am. It probably started off with one night when I was 3 or 4; and I'm not recalling this as a memory, just assuming, and I didn't feel like eating or was full, then was refused permission to leave and the fear developed from there. From ages 4-10, it wasn't uncommon to psyche myself into panic over eating. I don't even know if it was the food itself and wasn't more because of the feeling of being stuck at the table and forced to eat. There were many times where I sat there for two hours and barely ate until I was given a pathetic "just go", which gets me a little irritated because I was never asked what's wrong.

Aside from that, I've had a few periods of weeks or months where it's tough to swallow food. I don't know if there's a relation to the above, unless an 8 year old kid can already have esophageal damage. (unlikely, otherwise the difficulty wouldn't soon go away for years) Heavy anxiety accompanies that, and I'm unsure if it's anxiety due to the problem or anxiety which leads into the problem, but I've found that it always happens when I'm already feeling particularly bad or during Winter. (the darkness hits me pretty hard most Winters, I feel God awful)

When my anxiety problems became a daily thing in mid-late 2008, I got to eat in the living room more often until mid 2009 when it turned into a daily thing and has remained that way since. I've eaten at the table and in restaurants in the past few years, and it's occasionally no big deal yet I later wonder how I was able to do it. Fear of eating disappeared completely for years after 2009, and I coincidentally gained a massive amount of weight. (over 60 pounds, although I lost it all throughout a year and have slowly gained 15 back because I generally have felt like garbage for all of 2014 and my two attempts at dieting have collapsed within a week because I don't feel well enough to actually put my full effort into it)
Old 20-07-2014, 02:28 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Zack--

After reading your entire entry, I'm still struck by the difficulty with food. Appetites for food represent life, and so I wonder where these difficulties with food began. It has to be pretty strong to counteract what is a very pleasurable thing (food and eating), so I really wonder what else there is to this story.

The other "random" things that you talk about--stem from that. Like with eating disorders like bulemia, etc., many severe illnesses can result, including heart attacks. No doubt the same can happen to the the stomach--or rather many not-good things can happen.

The fact that the nausea was linked with riding in cars (and with other things which are now unpleasant) is not surprising.

Does your brother (you said you had one, right?) experience the same thing? Does anyone in your family have a difficult time eating--your mother, other kids?

The gag reflex, emotionally/spiritually, is a need to push back against what is being forced on you. Were you forced to eat? When you were a child, were there food issues? Were you bottle fed? Did your mom let you eat what you felt like eating?

I'm sorry to sound all Freudian here, but this is all really basic, doesn't-get-more-important kind of stuff when eating is your issue. And it seems to be not getting better. It's important for you to get a handle on this now (like I'm telling you anything you don't already know--much more than any of us can).
Sorry to say the obvious.

I just think there is still more to this story.

Lora

My posts take a while for me to type, I'll try and hurry up in the future so I can reply to everything in one post. Blah, bulimia...NEVER going to happen with me, I'm terrified of vomiting and have never had those kind of body image problems even when I was very overweight.

I can't say for sure if being in cars is entirely related to nausea, as on the day I made my first post about coming close to throwing up while in public, I was very sick in the car but wasn't anxious at all about the fact that I was in one. It was mostly fear about not making it home before throwing up. Back in 2008 when I had the first big panic attack, that definitely felt like it was caused by nausea. I'm not sure how much of the current fear is due to sickness or anxiety, it's likely both.

Yes, my brother has experienced exactly the same problems as I have with eating. We're twins, so we acted similarly and were treated the same way. He had food poisoning in 2004 that made him throw up and he's had messed up digestive problems and eating patterns ever since. He can't gain weight at all, for example. He was chubby before the food poisoning and gained weight easier than I did, then he stayed skinny while I gained weight like it was nothing. Nobody else in the family has trouble eating, which has always made it hard to get understood even after YEARS of telling relatives we are quick to nausea. Saying "I don't want dinner at the moment" STILL gets a "what, why? Come, sit down and eat!" response, it's so annoying. I'm not sure if we were bottle fed, I would say no but will ask my Mom pretty soon.

I'm sure there's a lot more to the story that even I don't know. It sucks because I was confident that it was behavior I left back in childhood, as I was fine (albeit very fat) for years only to start feeling bad again within the past 8-9 months.
Old 20-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Zack
I initially considered not listening to any more because I'd have to write things down, but I remember doing that for Eckhart Tolle as well, so I might as well continue despite having to pause the video. Better than not understanding any of it, right?

The site you linked says the emotion related to stomach problems is "Dread. Fear of the new. Inability to assimilate the new." which makes a lot of sense because I'm always scared of new things and dread the time I'll have to try them out, but I don't see how saying "Life agrees with me. I assimilate the new every moment of every day. All is well." will fix the problem. I think I'm stuck in needing a physical method as a treatment, as my mindset is "I'm sick now and I need to do something right now for it to go away."
That's probably not a good way to think, although affirmations have always been a conflicting tool for me. I get why it works because negative thoughts will cause negative physical responses all the time (I'm nauseous again right now, and I'm a negative person), but relying on thoughts alone doesn't click with me at the moment. Possibly due to a lack of belief, although that is also a negative thought pattern.

You might start out a little slower then. I think we are all here, at the basic basic of us all, to learn how to love ourselves, unconditionally. That's a tall order for most of us. Try this and see what I mean. Stare at yourself in the mirror in the morning when you go to brush your teeth and say " I love myself" as many times as you can stand. See if you can feel if you believe it or not. If you don't, and I certainly didn't - though that did surprise the heck out of me - do it anyway. During the day, remind yourself to say to yourself that you love yourself. Do it as much as you remember to, for one week.

And if, after one week, you still don't believe it, keep doing it until you do. Things will pop out at you, that tell you that of course you don't love yourself, because look at what you are saying to yourself, and you'll begin to see the things you are telling yourself. But do it anyway. Ignore that voice, and keep going.

You are worthy of your love. You are the only one you can teach yourself to love yourself, no one can do it for you, no one can love yourself for you. Now might be a good time to start. It will change how you feel about everything, but most especially yourself.

After you have told yourself you love yourself, you might tack on, I trust my body. I think the underlying statement you are telling your body is that you don't trust it. If you tell yourself you trust your body, whether you believe it or not at first, your body reacts to your thoughts and if you think it enough, it will respond, and after awhile you will believe it. Your body takes its cues from you, so give it some good ones for a change. You can trust your body.

You have 3 things that connect you. Your breath, which connects you to your body, your body, which connects you to the earth, and your inner being, which connects you to your soul.

When you breathe, try breathing in joy for a change. Joy is all around you. Tell yourself you are breathing in the joy all around you , and breathe it all the way down to your toes. Do this in the morning, and see if that doesn't feel better.

Connect your body to the earth. Do as Tobi suggests, go out in nature, be in nature, sit under a tree, under the canopy, and see if you can feel the trees love. Take your shoes off and plant your feet in the grass or the dirt and see if you can feel the earth's energy flowing up through your feet. It is always flowing through us, but you need to be connected to the earth to feel it for yourself.

The love part is for your inner being. When you start to love yourself, it will help you with that, you don't have to ask.

Ask your guides for help right before you go to sleep. You have them, and they love you unconditionally. If you ask for their help, they can help you, but sometimes we have to ask first.

Hope you feel better soon.