Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 23-09-2012, 08:04 AM
MoonWillow

Been interesting reading this thread.

Just to add my very little two penneth worth.

When I first came on this forum I asked a question, that question was "What am I ?".

I knew what I felt I was within myself, and had felt this for many many years. But always kept it locked deep inside for fear of people thinking I was ' Mad '.

I plucked up a lot of courage and trust me it took a lot of courage to ask did anyone think I was a 'Witch '.

What I had always thought I was, was what I had confirmed..perfectly.

I didn't know if I was doing things right when ever I did anything to do with ' Casting '. I don't read books about how to do so, I literally do what feels natural to do.

I'm not a member of any Coven, I don't feel the need to be. I don't have an Alter in my house. I have a special place a few miles from home, in beautiful natural surroundings that is my Alter.

Even if I'd of had no replies to my question, or had this forum been one like you've been on. Deep inside I'd of always known what I am..a ' Wise Person '

What ever you feel you are within, is what you are.....

Blessings.

MW.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:02 AM
New-Simon

What is a true Wiccan anyway?

can anyone give a brief summary, thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Simon
What is a true Wiccan anyway?

can anyone give a brief summary, thanks

A follower of the ideas originating in Gerald Gardner !
OR a follower of a "new branch" off an ancient tree.
Take your pick
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Athear

This thread has been a very interesting read and I agree with MoonWillow.
No one can say what you are or what you supposed to be.
Personally I grew up in a Christian home (Jehovah's witnesses to be exact) and I was even baptized when I was 17. I always felt different though, always had questions and always felt deeply connected to nature. I still have no name for my path other than knowing it is of a Pagan nature. My heritage does come from Europe and I wish I knew more about my ancestors to possibly help guide me, but sadly that is almost impossible for me. SF though has been a great place to be to get encouragement and answers to any questions I have. I am pretty certain you will never find someone on here telling you that you not "legit".
Just be true to yourself and do what you feel is right.
Old 30-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Guide
I know very little about wicca, would love to listen to the ideas of a wiccan, see it for myself. All I know is that there is no authority other than the self. You are your own highest authority. All others who claim otherwise are wrong. Period.

I am writing a story, a faery tale for children and adults. I stopped for a while and felt drawn here and read your post. Maybe the last bit that I have written in a book, though it is from my imagination, it seems to call to me and perhaps, it answers your question, in a strange way.

Little sister, we are here (Little sister I am here. It is I Trinity. I watch over you too. I am part of the fey: a star child) We are here; little sister whispered the trees. We are the life blood and we are many, scattered through ever level of the world tree, the dimension tree and heavenly tree through the all - the alpha and the omega, and the bit in-between.

Peace. XXX.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 30-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Glen

Gem I thinks its sad that there are people - after all regardless of the "label" we are all people, that are still elitist. All those"proper"wiccans are doing is a form of exclusion to separate and make themselves apart from everyone. Unfortunately its human nature. I think you can call your self whatever you like with pride. Be authentic. That all that matters.. I also know of spiritualist in the UK that use "blessed be" in mediumship circles. (whatever happened to we are all one?)

love and light

Glen
Old 30-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Lisa Yarrow

Just ignore them! Seriously that type of thing really bugs me. I'm in a Gardnerian line and we prefer to call ourselves 'eclectic Wiccan' as a coven because we have so many different influences and pantheons. Our rituals are Wiccan (as in, from Gardner) but our individual interests are very varied. Our HP tells us that she is training Witches, not Wiccans, simply because of the amount of snobbery and 'more witchy than though' that exists nowadays! You be who you are and practise your own path. :)
Old 30-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Master
Lisa, you are what we in the UK would call a co-operative group - a group of Solitaries who gather together for "special" rituals or for social/friendship reasons. As for "training witches" - I am not sure that can be done. Being a witch is not a matter of just learning rituals and "spellcraft", it is much, much deeper than that. Personally, I do not like the word "witch" because it trivialises an ancient tradition but it is a catch-all word that most people vaguely understand. To me, becoming a witch is experiential, emotional, Earth-accented. I classed myself as "trained" by the natural world after 35+ years of observation and practice using trial and error. Here I am after another 15 years, still learning - you NEVER stop learning, especially from the Ancestral Spirits and the Green Spirits of Nature.
I suspect that my idea of "witch" and your HP's idea are poles apart.
Old 30-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Lisa Yarrow

Norseman, I am in the UK (Scotland) and my HP has 35 years experience also, having been initiated in the Gardnerian line in the early 70's. My year and a day initiate training was first and foremost, to do with self-work and observing the wheel of the year (taking part in each Sabbat and esbat) over that time. I didn't mean to imply that I'd stopped learning! Far from it, we never stop learning. But to imply that what I've been studying isn't witchcraft is something I strongly take issue with as it's simply not true. We'll need to agree to disagree I think!
Old 30-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Master
"We'll need to agree to disagree I think"

No problem with that, Lisa. There are many paths within the description "witch". I do not follow Wicca but a path very much older where there are no teachers or books of any value - I suppose it is fair to describe it as being within British Traditional Witchcraft but even that has many paths. I imagine an old tree with many branches, Wicca being a new shoot off this ancient tree.