Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-09-2017, 01:22 AM
Gracey

necromancy

Any one know anything of necromancers?

Are they all dark or are there good ones?

What are all their practices?

Has the word changed meaning over the ages?

I have done some research, but find mostly references to video games.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:44 AM
Guide

https://youtu.be/64OyAvyp7Bo
Old 12-09-2017, 08:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
Any one know anything of necromancers?

Are they all dark or are there good ones?

What are all their practices?

Has the word changed meaning over the ages?

I have done some research, but find mostly references to video games.
My forum user-name comes from the world of trading-card gaming and has nothing to do with the actual practice of Necromancy itself.

To cut a long story short, I was a Yu-Gi-Oh! duelist and I had a Fiend/Demon deck and a huge crush on Yami Bakura.

My 'boss monsters' were Dark Ruler of Hades, Belial The Marquis of Darkness, Summoned Skull and Dark Necrofear.

Dark Necrofear was the queen of my whole deck...it took the banishment of three Fiend Monster's souls from my graveyard to special summon her...and when I got her out into play, I always celebrated it as an achievement and did an 'evil laugh'...muahahaha...just like Yami Bakura.

Thus, people called me 'The Necromancer' and the name stuck...I was just called 'Necro' for short.

Then, when I joined up here, every user-name I wanted to use was already taken...every single one! I tried at least a dozen different names...in the end, I went with my own gaming handle because that was the only name this forum would allow me to use!

I use it in honor of Yami Bakura...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in regards...

And that is why I'm known as "The Necromancer" and for no other reason besides.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Suspended
I was waiting to see what Necro had to say on this thread, lol... Yu-gi-oh huh, ok. I was once given a Yu-gi-oh card by some kid, it was the penguin soldier card. Sorry Op i have nothing to add/share on this topic.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
I was waiting to see what Necro had to say on this thread, lol... Yu-gi-oh huh, ok. I was once given a Yu-gi-oh card by some kid, it was the penguin soldier card. Sorry Op i have nothing to add/share on this topic.
Penguin Soldier is an awesome card...a flip effect, bouncing two monsters back to the opponent's hand.

I preferred my Wall of Illusion though... nice Fiend, with a defense of 1850...bouncing the monster which attacked it back to the opponent's hand...aah Yu-Gi-Oh!...Battle City!...all that was like a lifetime ago now.

I am happily digressing down my memory lane because I've been given that opportunity...but I shall stop now and let the thread get back on topic....and I await somebody to speak of the Necronomicon and/or the Seals of Solomon...I know a little bit about it, but the Kaballah makes Necro's brain hurt too much...so Necro stuck with Hinduism and Sanskrit because it hurt less.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Penguin Soldier is an awesome card...a flip effect, bouncing two monsters back to the opponent's hand.

I preferred my Wall of Illusion though... nice Fiend, with a defense of 1850...bouncing the monster which attacked it back to the opponent's hand...aah Yu-Gi-Oh!...Battle City!...all that was like a lifetime ago now.

Haha yea idk to much about it, was a cool looking penguin, i was more a pokemon kid though.

Quote:
I am happily digressing down my memory lane because I've been given that opportunity...but I shall stop now and let the thread get back on topic....and I await somebody to speak of the Necronomicon and/or the Seals of Solomon...I know a little bit about it, but the Kaballah makes Necro's brain hurt too much...so Necro stuck with Hinduism and Sanskrit because it hurt less.

Yup, sorry op.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Necromancy isnt all doom and gloom. For what it is, or what i know, which isnt much since i havent had the need for it, is that it is in the broadest sense the art of communicating with the dead and departed, and the spirits. So, like any other craft it can be used for both sides of the spectrum. Its what one makes it to be.

Often times what one doesnt understand one deems to be bad and unholy. There is many dimensions in the realms of the dead like there is in the realms of the living. So take it as it is, a craft to commune with the dead. In what sense and to what means that is the choice of the one who chooses to practise it.

I know only couple of spells and rituals, so i cant speak of the actual practise in depth but the ones i have focus on bridging the gap between the worlds and honoring the ones who have passed before, to seek advise and tell the future or truth of the matter, among some other old darker things.

Im just a simple witch from cold north, jack of all trades and master of none, so im afraid i cant offer you any better knowledge on the matter since i havent included that aspect in my craft. - Daughter of the forest
Old 12-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose

thanks!!!
Old 12-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Gracey

Quote:
My forum user-name comes from the world of trading-card gaming and has nothing to do with the actual practice of Necromancy itself.

To cut a long story short, I was a Yu-Gi-Oh! duelist and I had a Fiend/Demon deck and a huge crush on Yami Bakura.

My 'boss monsters' were Dark Ruler of Hades, Belial The Marquis of Darkness, Summoned Skull and Dark Necrofear.

Dark Necrofear was the queen of my whole deck...it took the banishment of three Fiend Monster's souls from my graveyard to special summon her...and when I got her out into play, I always celebrated it as an achievement and did an 'evil laugh'...muahahaha...just like Yami Bakura.

Thus, people called me 'The Necromancer' and the name stuck...I was just called 'Necro' for short.

Then, when I joined up here, every user-name I wanted to use was already taken...every single one! I tried at least a dozen different names...in the end, I went with my own gaming handle because that was the only name this forum would allow me to use!

I use it in honor of Yami Bakura...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in regards...

And that is why I'm known as "The Necromancer" and for no other reason besides.

My eldest son use to collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards when he was little. I would sit with him for hours and hours and listen to him tell me about each card. I ended up teaching him science that way.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skogsdotter
Necromancy isnt all doom and gloom. For what it is, or what i know, which isnt much since i havent had the need for it, is that it is in the broadest sense the art of communicating with the dead and departed, and the spirits. So, like any other craft it can be used for both sides of the spectrum. Its what one makes it to be.

Often times what one doesnt understand one deems to be bad and unholy. There is many dimensions in the realms of the dead like there is in the realms of the living. So take it as it is, a craft to commune with the dead. In what sense and to what means that is the choice of the one who chooses to practise it.

I know only couple of spells and rituals, so i cant speak of the actual practise in depth but the ones i have focus on bridging the gap between the worlds and honoring the ones who have passed before, to seek advise and tell the future or truth of the matter, among some other old darker things.

Im just a simple witch from cold north, jack of all trades and master of none, so im afraid i cant offer you any better knowledge on the matter since i havent included that aspect in my craft. - Daughter of the forest

thank you for your input. it is appreciated.