Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 05-06-2017, 01:03 AM
Experiencer
Too good to be true?

So I did a reading about a situation important to me. I was calm and grounded during the reading. The cards seemed to describe the current situation perfectly (which isn't very pretty... a complicated and confusing break up... although I must say the cards seem to tell the situation maybe isnt as bad as it seems. No swords, death, tower, etc. Rather, 5 of pentacles and of cups, 7 of cups, etc., which makes sense). At the time of the reading I had somewhat of a preferred outcome in mind but was open to other possibilities for future direction, but didn't expect a very positive outcome with regards to my question, given the circumstances. To my surprise, the likely outcome about us reunìting in a romantic relationship seemed quite positive (seemed to point toward the unlikely outcome I was deep down hoping for... Wheel of Fortune and Empress? )... unless I misinterpreted. The only way I see it could work between us (which I would like) is if he got successful psychological help for some issues and I feel it unlikely to happen.

I'm tempted to try the reading again since Im doubtful, but scared to get different results! I know it's not great to repeat readings either. Why am I feeling this way?! Any suggestions and what to do with this? I don't wanna live with false hopes...
Old 05-06-2017, 01:15 AM
Master
Hello kindheart,

I don't do much with tarot but am wondering how many cards you used? Did you use something like a Celtic Cross? Maybe you did interpret the cards correctly and need some time for the message to sink in or for another thought to float into your mind?

I find a few (maybe 5) cards may not be enough for an indepth reading.

If you did use a larger spread then I wouldn't repeat the spread, perhaps think a bit more on what you saw may help.

Maybe the other comments following mine might be more helpful.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 05-06-2017, 02:08 AM
Experiencer
Thanks! It was a bigger spread, a bit like the Celtic Cross but different. The best course of action card was the Moon. This one I find a bit harder to interpret... possibly simply suggesting to simply wait and see, not enough info to make a decision. Then again maybe it means that yeah, indeed, successful reconciliation is too good to be true and to be careful, better things are to come? The latter wasn't my initial interpretation.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:27 AM
Experiencer
Update: I misread what you wrote and did another spread (similar question... likelyhood of reuniting in a healthy, satisfying romantic relationship together. But different spread, more general with 6 cards... what I want, what bothers me, my state of mind, etc.). Short term: 6 of cups. Long term, king of cups I should have done a spread that had another "advice " position though. I guess I'll stick with the Moon, wait and see what the future brings. Maybe awaited but unsuspecting change is to come?
Old 06-08-2017, 05:29 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

It seems rather possible that whatever is working with you through your tarot had a reassuring and encouraging message for you.

The Empress and the Wheel of Fortune together might indicate that even though you are grieving right now, this aspect of change in your life is meant to be, and the universe has good and nurturing things in store for you, such as a healthier romance to come in which you will receive the type of love that is good for you. The Moon as your course of action might be signaling you to take time for yourself in the grieving process to practice some introspection, while also it acknowledges that at this time you might be feeling rather dismayed, uncertain and lost.

So in a bit of a nutshell, whatever is working with you through your tarot, it understands that you are feeling lost and hurt right now, and that is okay, it is a normal part of the human experience and you deserve to be able to complete the grieving process and do some introspection, not because you have done anything wrong, but because the universe can reward you once you have seized this opportunity for healing and personal growth. That everything is going to be alright, hang in there, there are loving plans in store for you, even though you have not found the person for you yet.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyToad
It seems rather possible that whatever is working with you through your tarot had a reassuring and encouraging message for you.

The Empress and the Wheel of Fortune together might indicate that even though you are grieving right now, this aspect of change in your life is meant to be, and the universe has good and nurturing things in store for you, such as a healthier romance to come in which you will receive the type of love that is good for you. The Moon as your course of action might be signaling you to take time for yourself in the grieving process to practice some introspection, while also it acknowledges that at this time you might be feeling rather dismayed, uncertain and lost.

So in a bit of a nutshell, whatever is working with you through your tarot, it understands that you are feeling lost and hurt right now, and that is okay, it is a normal part of the human experience and you deserve to be able to complete the grieving process and do some introspection, not because you have done anything wrong, but because the universe can reward you once you have seized this opportunity for healing and personal growth. That everything is going to be alright, hang in there, there are loving plans in store for you, even though you have not found the person for you yet.

Thanks so much for this. In hindsight it makes a lot of sense. We had been off and on since, wanted to give him another chance, but I broke it off for good recently. There's no way he's for me. He's abusive. Now I had gone to see a very experienced card reader not too long ago and she said I would soon meet a very great guy, and by the sounds of it I was gonna end up marrying him. She was very specific in her description and said we had crossed paths before. I realized exactly who she was talking about yesterday, when I saw him at a coffee shop and he admitted to feelings for me. I know he's the one she was talking about. I'm not ready to date and he gets that, but I'm not at all attracted to him, don't think I'd be down the road either. I'm very upset by this...
Old 06-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Master
Oh wow Kindheart. Some relationships aren't meant to be and glad to know that you got out of an abusive relationship. I can only imagine what an emotional turmoil you experienced. For me, turmoils come and when it clears, a new and better situation comes out of it. I just couldn't see the outcome during a turmoil.

As for the guy you met, if he truly understands what you've been through, he'll wait and support you while you heal from your breakup. During the healing process, I think you'll find feelings for him as I believe those feelings are hidden underneath the emotional turmoil.

Give the new beginning time for the relationship to develop as I believe your first card reading may have referred to this new found guy. Cards can only highlight what will happen when we stay on our current path but I'm sure you know that.

Blessings to you.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 06-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Oh wow Kindheart. Some relationships aren't meant to be and glad to know that you got out of an abusive relationship. I can only imagine what an emotional turmoil you experienced. For me, turmoils come and when it clears, a new and better situation comes out of it. I just couldn't see the outcome during a turmoil.

As for the guy you met, if he truly understands what you've been through, he'll wait and support you while you heal from your breakup. During the healing process, I think you'll find feelings for him as I believe those feelings are hidden underneath the emotional turmoil.

Give the new beginning time for the relationship to develop as I believe your first card reading may have referred to this new found guy. Cards can only highlight what will happen when we stay on our current path but I'm sure you know that.

Blessings to you.
It wasn't physical abuse, but still. I've had more than enough.
Still though, I don't wanna be with this other guy either at all... I have a bad feeling about him too but for different reasons. I think I'd feel smothered and I'm just not physically attracted at all. He already seems super attached and he barely knows me! I've had a really bad experience with a guy who quickly got attached to me in the past. I just feel so helpless right now, really down and upset, feeling sick to my stomach, since I realized who the tarot reader was referring to.... I don't want this, I don't want him to wait, I don't wanna be "saved from pain". I feel horrible and guilty for feeling this way, like I'm just not being grateful for what the universe is supposedly sending me... I kinda had hoped she was referring to another good guy I know, but no. I don't want this to be my destiny, I feel so powerless... I could choose not to date him, but then I might have to forget about finding someone to treat me right, and I don't wanna settle for less than what I truly want anymore.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Master
The thing about readings is that they highlight what is possible given the current circumstance. No where in a reading is it set so solid that it can't be changed. Since you really don't want this guy that's fine, walk away from him and don't contact him. That action alone changes the outcome of a reading which shouldn't really be confused with destiny.

Blessings to you on your journey.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Master
yep i get it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔