Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 03-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Knower
My mom was very psychic, and went to a psychic for a reading one day while she was pregnant with me. She told my mother (and prepared a long, detailed chart about me) that I'd do something in the medical field to help people. Now... I do work for a reference laboratory, however I know my real life purpose is to be an energy healer. So is that "medical"? Not really, I don't think, but it will be considered helping people. I just need to figure out how to DO it, now. ;-)
Old 04-07-2016, 12:17 AM
Master
Something in the medical field to help people, would be energy healing.

She wasn't specific about what 'medical field' meant within the reading.

That also doesn't mean that is how you will earn a living. You can do that kind of important work as a contribution.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:00 AM
Knower
This is true - I never intended on charging for any healing services, just because I know that abundance comes from love and not money. The spirit, not the material. So maybe I'm meant to work figuratively in the "medical field" of healing, and the physical field of being with a lab.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:04 AM
Pathfinder

I don't know about other parts of the world, or even other parts of the U.S., but in my area a number of hospitals have Reiki practitioners as volunteers, and one or two even have Reiki masters as paid staff members (their job is to check the volunteers to make sure they actually know Reiki). It seems to be most commonly offered to cancer patients, but I don't think that's the only use. I also know of a few chiropractors who have energy healers on staff. So "medical field" definitely can include energy healing, and I think as it becomes more widely known, and more doctors are recommending holistic treatment instead of or in addition to medications and surgery, energy healing might become even more a recognized part of the medical field.

Edited because Rakoontay posted while I was typing: There is nothing inherently wrong with charging money (or bartering goods or services) for energy healing. Many believe that there has to be some kind of exchange or else an energetic vacuum will be formed, and will often be filled with negative energy. Others (and some of the above people as well) believe that energy healing is a skill that takes time, energy, and knowledge to learn and practice, and that makes it as valid to be paid for it as for a doctor to be paid for their work. Or for a teacher, plumber, hair stylist, etc. to be paid.

There is also nothing inherently wrong with choosing *not* to charge money for energy healing. Some people believe it's a gift that should be freely shared. Some believe as Rakoontay posted, that abundance comes from love not money. Others have other reasons for believing they shouldn't charge anything.

Basically, it's down to what each individual practitioner believes and feels to be right *for them*. In my opinion, there is no universal "right" or "wrong" on the matter.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:05 AM
Master
That's right. Making a living at spiritual work is really hard and you are selling a gift that isn't yours to sell..You can sell your time, but not the gift.

That is how it seems to be. The universe does provide if you are doing her work, so you get what you need in other ways. That is the way it seems to work out best.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:27 AM
Master
I absolutely agree that there has to be an energy exchange or there will be a problem.

If somebody asks for my help and I do something they have to acknowledge it and often they will offer to do a little favor for me. If they don't do anything or even say 'thank you' then there is a problem. That is not my rule but it is how things work.

If I do something to help that they don't know about then there is no obligation, but if they ask me to do something for free, and I do it and they don't acknowledge it then they are treating me like their servant. That never works.

I am nice but not that nice.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:55 AM
Experiencer

Forgive me please, I am already quiet convinced you are wonderful but

Quote:
I will experience more obstacles than the average person

I have absolutely no conception of what an average person is, given that my small understanding is that as individuals we are unique...I may be entirely wrong in this understanding. If this post makes me sound contrary , I apologize.. It's simply that I think of us as quiet exceptional and worry somewhat that telling you a commonly held truth may be a sound byte or a platitude.

You are brilliant, miraculous, magical and totally wonderful...but telling you that seems quiet unnecessary from me or anyone else..... I get that Light Workers feel it upon themselves to deliver a boost when someone has been through the mill or is struggling a bit...

I have..obviously (because we all have ) been through testing times , for want of a better way of describing "testing times" but that really is the thing of it..A monumental oxymoron...When we are going through those terrible times , feeling at our lowest and weakest, those times when we really can't go on.... It appears to me that in those awful times , we are in actual fact , enduring, and if it has been bad and you got through it still standing... You are indeed quiet something.

Just a little food for thought...nothing more , nothing less ...Namaste
Old 06-07-2016, 05:10 AM
Pathfinder

Ever since I was little, I felt like I was supposed to do something... something big. But I never knew what. I recently saw a Tarot reader/psychic and I asked her much the same question - how can I possibly know what I'm supposed to do in order to align with my life purpose? She basically told me that I was making it way more complicated than it needed to be. She said that the answer is simple - follow your heart. Your passions are your guide. By doing what you love most, you are following your path and aligning with your purpose. I sortof took that as ... we are born into this world forgetting most things, but we are given passions in order to motivate us towards our intended purpose.

I'm not sure if her simplistic way of looking at things was 100 percent accurate. I mean, the strongest swords are forged in flame.... the phoenix can only rise from the ashes.... **** gets hard and complicated sometimes. We face road blocks, get side tracked, go through some difficult situations. But maybe there is some truth to what she said. Maybe if we are trying to find the right path, we need to look into our own hearts for the first clue. :)

Also, perhaps one reason you have experienced so much illness is so that you can serve as a brighter inspiration to others around you. No one is inspired by someone who had an easy life or didn't have to try very hard to master a certain talent or skill. It's the underdog that got knocked down, but stood back up anyway that everyone roots for, right? :)

Let me know what you think.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:29 AM
Master
It is that simple. Just be instead of trying to be something.

Your path will be revealed to you when you are ready for it and ready to accept it. Also the same for your gifts or abilities.

Patience is the key.