Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 31-01-2020, 06:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Jesus himself supposedly said ' We are Gods '

No, He didn't sky.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 31-01-2020, 08:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
No, He didn't sky.

Morpheus,

Technically you are correct but Jesus did not dispute the scriptures in which that appeared. Original scripture...Psalm 82:6......Jesus's affirmation....John 10:34-35......so sky123 is correct in spirit.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Morpheus,

Technically you are correct but Jesus did not dispute the scriptures in which that appeared. Original scripture...Psalm 82:6......Jesus's affirmation....John 10:34-35......so sky123 is correct in spirit.
Most modern translations rendered the expression as "We are gods".

There is a difference between God and god.

In Psalms 82:6, the Hebrew expression for gods is Elohim.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-02-2020, 10:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Most modern translations rendered the expression as "We are gods".

There is a difference between God and god.

In Psalms 82:6, the Hebrew expression for gods is Elohim.

and remember..... Elohim, its meanings, concepts, etc. is something that is elusive and truly worthy of immense studying.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:01 PM
Pathfinder
From my point of view, much of religious and spiritual confusion comes from absolutes in which people can speak. Certainly are absolutes responsible for enormous horrors which were done to others in the name of, ''holy truth,'' god...These absolutes have always been present in all religions, spiritual beliefs and also atheism. Even in this forum, it's pretty easy to spot such things. Certainly is, that if we do not follow our own hearth, inner voice, inner guide, angel, god, bodhisattva,...or how we refer to it, we will never arrive, where we want to be. As Alan Watts, the Zen Master had said, ''One day we might wake up, when we are 40 or 45 years old...and realize...we arrived..and we might feel cheated, because we will realize that we was fools, because we have constantly following or chase the shadows...'' We will always live (in) someone else beliefs, values, dreams, someone else heavens...we can't find ourselves that way, which is in no harmony with us...so if someone does not like some religion, spiritual beliefs, philosophies...should simply stay away from them and not force himself into something he/she does not want in the first place.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
so if someone does not like some religion, spiritual beliefs, philosophies...should simply stay away from them and not force himself into something he/she does not want in the first place.

Nicely said but rarely practiced.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:11 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I am halfway through reading a book called "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" and I have to say...it is the best book I have EVER read...and I have read many.

... LOL

Yada Yada, you are reading a book.... who gives a F*ck.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:15 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It is because they are so sure that they are God. I don't find it that obvious. I really struggle with the principle. I am much more at peace with it now but it caused great heart ache in the past.

There is this great movement going on in society lead by the New Age, Gnostics and Hindus which claim I AM God. I am like; really? Wait a minute are you sure?

As I said I am much more at peace with the idea now.

Interesting. Anger is generally there to rouse us to fight in defense of something we hold important. I am glad you have made peace with the idea, but I am wondering what you might have thought you needed to fight and/or defend in the first place.