Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 18-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Master

I do not think anything about AP is a silly question. So do not worry about it.
Why does AP happen and sometimes not? There may be more to it than what I am about to say. I do know that the mind plays a big part. If you are thinking how long is this going to take. It does not work when you think like that. I sometimes do that. If you have doubts that AP will not happen, it usually does not happen. If anything is annoying you with how you are lying down, you keep thinking about the annoyance. You have to have a good frame of mind. That is very important.
How do you practice AP? Relax yourself, then breath in and out for a while to get more relaxed. When you are relaxed enough, then do whatever technique you want, like imagining climbing a rope, jumping etc. You can imagine you are in your kitchen or anywhere. The important thing is to get relaxed enough before you do a technique. You do not have to do a technique, you can just breathe in and out until AP happens. I have found sometimes that I am waiting for AP to happen and I am there already. I just have to spiritually move out of myself.
If I am practicing at night time I may fall asleep. That is a problem so I relax first, breathe in and out, then I count so I do not fall asleep. You have to really concentrate on counting otherwise you still can fall asleep.
Old 18-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you astralsuzy ! and one more question, do you just go where you are meant to go, or have there been times, where you have a certain intention to go somewhere ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 18-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Master

I usually end up all over the place. I am going to start to practice to go to places that I want to go to. I think I am so concerned about just getting out of myself that I do not think about where I want to go to.
There have been times when I am out somewhere and I want to go somewhere. It has only happened occasionally that I go where I want to go to. I think I lack confidence. When you are out of your body you have to have confidence. You have to know you can do it, otherwise it does not happen.
Old 19-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Deactivated Account

aha, so that is the secret, you have to have confidence that you can do this !

I suppose, one step at a time, or one flight at a time, lol ! First one has like you say, to step out of the body... then comes the " where to go " part.

thanks again, astralsuzy !

Expect Miracles !

Old 19-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Master
Dream Angel... Many people practice astral projection by having a regular period for it every day or so, sitting or lying down and relaxing deeply, and using one of the many techniques for consciously going out of body.

Xan

Old 19-12-2010, 04:43 AM
Deactivated Account

Xan, I must have missed something, I saw about the breathing and relaxing, I missed the " using one of the many techniques for consciously going out of body"

can you direct me to where to find these techniques ?

oh, think I found it ~ http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3783

your thread on Astral Projection Resources

thanks

Expect Miracles !

Old 19-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Master

I was practising to AP last night and I was counting to keep myself awake. Unfortunately I fell asleep. Oh well, I will keep trying. Anyway I woke up at approximately 1.00 am. I thought I will try to AP. No wonder I mostly always fall asleep. I lie there waiting and it can take a long time. It gets boring and I eventually fall asleep. This time I was determined to concentrate as long as it takes and not switch off and fall asleep. It paid off. I was in the astral. I was wanting to see someone in the astral. I was calling out for this person to come but she never came. Is is unreasonable for me to expect this person to come when I demand it? Should I be trying to go to that person instead.
Old 19-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Master

Come to think of it. I could have been with that person. I always doubt that I am with that person. I have to try and stop it. Someone did come to me but she was probably asleep. She was talking to me about a book.
Old 19-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Master
ahhh Suzy... That second look showed you what really happened. Good work.

As for demanding someone come to me, I wouldn't do that in ordinary life so why in the astral? If I want to be with someone I just feel our connection and here we are.

Xan

Old 20-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Master

Thanks Xan, you are always helpful and sensible. I will do as you said.
Thanks again,