Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Master

When AP does not happen

Hi all
When AP does not happen, is it because you are not relaxed enough, even though you feel relaxed? Or do you think your inner self does not want to come out of your body yet. This has been on my mind for a long time and it is an AP frustration. Your comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Old 28-11-2010, 04:15 AM
Alan

There are many factors as to why it might not be happening. Most of the time it's a matter of relaxation and concentration.
Old 28-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Master

Thanks for that Alan. It is true you have to be able to relax and concentrate. You do not have to concentrate all the time. When I go to bed I do not always concentrate and I have AP. My mind has to be relaxed so there cannot be any worries. I just have to wait and keep still and AP but it does not always happen.
Old 28-11-2010, 06:45 AM
rus11

I believe your inner or higher self will guide you to ap when it is ready to. In the meantime relax, trust in it, and live your life in a way that synchronizes with you. This will in return help your inner or higher self.
Old 28-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Master

Thanks for that rus11. When I am feeling desperate I will make AP happen.
Old 28-11-2010, 11:05 PM
MYFIGO

AP intent

I'm finding that much of my AP happens when I am not intending it to happen. But I am usually doing a breathing meditation or healing someone. Today I was doing a healing for a friends horse and was concentrating but realized that while I was aware of my body in bed, I had AP'd to the bathroom and back because I was thirsty. I'm fully aware that one can just visualize a place and be there... but I'm aware that to return to bed I had stepped up on the bottom edge of the bed and walked back into my body. (certainly not my normal route.) It was a new experience for me that I could meditate and do something else at the same time.

So I agree that being in a relaxed state is essential. I also think trying too hard makes it impossible and not an enjoyable journey
Old 29-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Master

Tonight I practiced AP after I had dinner. I do not always practice during the week as it gets too late. I did some stretches before I started. I thought it will not do any harm. It might make my body more relaxed. I did some stretches then I relaxed myself which did not take long. I was enjoying the feeling of being relaxed. As time went on I was wondering when is AP going to happen. After a while I had enough and I woke up. When I woke up, I thought did I AP somewhere? I think I did as I had visions. I thought for now on, I am going to assume I am AP somewhere and I will see what happens.
Old 18-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Seeker

Why don't you try it sitting in a chair?
Old 18-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Master

I used to try sitting in a chair. I tried it for a long time but I never had any success. Well, I only AP once and it was for a short time. Anyway, after a while I start to ache sitting in a chair and I get very uncomfortable. I have more success lying down. The problem I have with lying down is it is easy to turn over and go to sleep. I am starting to practice again in another room where it is not that easy to turn over. I could lie down in a recliner chair which I would like to do but my family tends to be in that room.
I am changing the subject a bit now, I realise I have to really concentrate to think what I am doing otherwise I fall asleep. It is frustrating waking up in the morning and thinking oh no, I fell asleep.
I could be wrong but I think the more you AP the easier it gets. You do not have to do anything and it just happens. When AP does not happen for a while it get hard again. I eventually get desperate and make it happen.
Old 18-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Deactivated Account

This might seem like a silly question, but exactly how does one practice AP ?
and how come sometimes it happens and sometimes not ?

asking, from one who has not yet had this experience

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction

Last edited by Adrienne : 18-12-2010 at 04:56 PM.