Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 03-05-2011, 01:04 AM
cosmic jim

Post Searching for the truth..

After my divorce and going through some difficult times. I started to ask myself what is the meaning of life ? I have never had clarity interms of my spritual beliefs at times i have huge douts, i strart to think we live in a meaningless universe and to survive in the world you have to keep a step ahead of every body else. I guess im reaching out to this forum to help me understand and know that we are definitly spritual entities. I would love to hear your feed back. thanks Cosmic Jim
Old 03-05-2011, 01:25 AM
konrard

I will be very happy to inform you that we don't really live in a meaningless universe. I have directly experienced that we are "spiritual"

You actually experience this when you have dreams at night, sure we can science it down and normal it down and say "dreams are dreams, theyre not real, everyone has them" but they show us in a silent way that we can have experiences outside of our body that seem very real

You will never know for sure until you experience this for yourself, outside of a dream, and trust me Jim - You will experience it. There is NO denying that, it will come to every body in time -- NO MATTER WHAT :)

Just the fact that you are here shows you have never been quite satisfied with the answers you have been given, and given yourself. This alone shows you are ready to start the path towards discovering your self
I promise friend
Old 03-05-2011, 01:35 AM
cosmic jim

Thanks for your reply. Its good to see faith in other people when your own faith is in question. I guess love and faith are tested in difficult times.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Master
I just changed my signature today, a thought came to me, it must have been meant as a message for you. It only came as a thought a few minutes ago.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:57 AM
cosmic jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
I just changed my signature today, a thought came to me, it must have been meant as a message for you. It only came as a thought a few minutes ago.
wow that is realy strange becouse hatred is an issue in my life at the moment. I feel its holding me back. I feel this resentment thats eating away at me.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:03 AM
tragblack

Actually, I think he was referring to the quote about looking for proof.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:08 AM
cosmic jim

never the less that message has hleped me to find my focus and thats forgivness.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Ascender

Well I can tell you that we definitely are spiritual beings not living in a meaningless universe, but how far will that go? It all boils down to your own system of beliefs.

The planets are all perfectly aligned. The earth is in the exact position in accordance with the sun; any closer it would be too hot, any further away it would be too cold. Coincidence?

Life is meaningless unless you give it meaning.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Master
Life is meaningless unless you give it meaning. Bingo ROM.. 10 points :)

That is exactly it,choose a meaning and choose carefully. Not all meanings are as beneficial as others
Old 03-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic jim
Thanks for your reply. Its good to see faith in other people when your own faith is in question. I guess love and faith are tested in difficult times.
let it go, detach...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi