Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valus
Happy New Year, everyone!Most people are grossly misinformed. The meat industry, and the pharmaceutical industry, both have a multi-billion dollar interest in creating false studies and misleading people who would otherwise do the right thing.
What are the false studies?
You are bringing up an 18th century naturalist who says: ''the whole of the human body is destined to live on a vegetarian diet''.
The man ignores his incisors, sleep patterns, analytical skill and the hard facts about human history. Maybe George Cuvier was grazing all day..
Humans have only recently started to consume dairy and domesticated plants. Most of our history we ate wild game and wild fruit.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:23 AM
mahakali

i know this has nothing to do with vegetarianism but it does have to do with the ignorant masses believing everything they hear.

3 square meals a day? i think not, there are cases of yogis that live incredibly long lives that were starving most there lives. studies show that in monkeys, eating less means a longer healthier life, go figure. i bet the food industry would not like this truth to get out.

seems that also the act of simply digesting food takes up vital life force energy and if you eat only once a day you will feel stronger healthier your mind will be clearer and you will live longer. most already know the benefits of fasting not just for the body but for the mind.

posted from: http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/virginian-pilot-ledger-star-norfolk/mi_8014/is_20090710/research-monkeys-live-eat-health/ai_n41458456/

"The fact that there's less disease in these animals is striking," Finkelstein said.
Captive rhesus monkeys have an average lifespan of 27 years, so spotting an effect takes a lot longer than in mice. The new ly reported study involves 76 monkeys - 30 tracked since 1989 and 46 tracked since 1994. They were normal-size adults eating a normal diet for a captive monkey, a special vitamin-enriched chow and fruit treats.

Then researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison assigned half the monkeys to the low-calorie diet, cutting daily intake by 30 percent but ensuring that what they did eat was properly nourishing.
So far, 37 percent of the monkeys on the regular diet have died of age-related diseases compared with just 13 percent of the calorie- cut monkeys, a nearly threefold difference, the researchers said. A few other monkeys died of conditions, such as injury, not affected by nutrition.

Death wasn't the only change. The calorie-cut monkeys had less than half the cancerous tumors and heart disease of the monkeys that ate normally. Brain scans showed less age-related shrinkage in the dieting monkeys. They also kept more muscle, something that tends to waste with age.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
and if you eat only once a day you will feel stronger healthier your mind will be clearer and you will live longer. most already know the benefits of fasting not just for the body but for the mind.

*busts up laughing*

If I did that I'd be dead very quickly...being underweight, having CFS, and a high metabolism to boot...

Feel stronger? - ha! I'd pass out.

Mind clearer? - not for me...I'd 'space out' from my brain not getting enough nutrients. I've read plenty with regards to nutrients because of when I was treating my Fibromyalgia that I had...that Magnesium was a biggie. I was even having what I've read were called 'spider hallucinations' because I wasn't getting enough Magnesium in my system. So unless people consider hallucinations from lack of nutrients a clearer mind...

Live longer? - Nope...I'd keel over quite quickly.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:28 AM
ShamanWoman

*high fives Kapitan* Yeah, I'd definitely be dead pretty quickly too if I didn't eat at least four times a day. Those of us with no body fat and high metabolisms need extra calories just to stay warm in the winter, let alone do stuff like clean the house or go for a walk. I dance so I need extra protein. Even if I cut down on meat and up my intake of other kinds of protein it's not enough, I end up spraining every joint I've got.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:34 AM
Master
im a diabetic, i CANT eat once a day, so i eat all the fruits, veggies and meats that i can...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 02-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Valus

It depends on WHAT you're eating.
If you think "eating is eating", boy are you wrong.

Also, there is always a period of adjustment,
and detoxification that comes with a fast.

You get woozy because your body is releasing toxins.
Give it a few days. You'll feel better than ever before.

Again, it depends on what you're eating (or juicing).

Day 50 of 50 day JUICE Fast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr4TqdgrFxg
Old 02-01-2011, 03:42 AM
Master
not at all true...blood sugar just doesnt stay balanced by eating once a day, its literally impossible...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 AM
Valus

Angela Stokes Breaks her 92-day juice fast/feast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HESWMoMNcRw

The Protein Myth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-dlHOmwk4

The Reality Check
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD7yKSk-DgA

Dr. Mark Hyman:
"The overwhelming evidence of the healing power of food"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJkCiYnuVw0
"Food Is Medicine"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de2Cmmlfp1c
Old 02-01-2011, 05:26 AM
mahakali

ok ok maybe it is not true for all but there are also account of very healthy humans who live longer because of a diet like this, i could be wrong, dont bite my head off but it is an interesting study either way.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
ok ok maybe it is not true for all but there are also account of very healthy humans who live longer because of a diet like this, i could be wrong, dont bite my head off but it is an interesting study either way.
im sure there are, but i doubt any of them are diabetics, the calories disappear REAL fast for me, so i have to keep putting them in...
Rumi
Closed Thread