Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 04-12-2012, 07:52 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMachine
Have you been tested for diabetes and/or hypothyroidism?

Diabetes yes, hypothyroidism, no.

My weight is pretty stable. I lost a stone or two when I came off meds, now I'm about 10 stone - and I'm 5 foot 8 in, in height.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Process of elimination; I'm looking for something.
Also, tell me along with the above, do you sometimes feel in a fog,
Like a brain fog?
Sometimes feel better, but then for no apparent reason again feel suddenly drained?

Erm, possibly yeah. Sometimes my concentration just isn't there. Actually, I think this used to be worse than it is now.

I do feel better at times, and then at times wiped out. It's more likely I'll be wiped out if I've been out and about.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:58 AM
peacegarden

I also was on prescrip sleepers ,then antidepressants (as a sleep inducer) for 15 yrs,
Only after completely getting off any such meds did my dreamstate come back. I'm a light sleeper and wake a few times nightly.
I still use a computer lots , formerly for music, writing or photo editing, and now, hours at SF.

Still , a good medium-psychic "may" offer some insight a MD can't.
A very local good medium/psychic confirmed some things I'd suspected about energies, influences and I found that quite useful, to get a second opinion-viewpoint.
The energy in the temples sounds strongly to me , to be a spiritual-energy phenomena ...... and a psychic may offer insight, or even a reader here, who is especially perceptive about such things.

Also, energy issues seem not uncommon for those who are awakening further.

[/quote]

Actually when it started coming on, I had a feeling the temple thing was a spiritual thing. In fact, I just guessed that's what it was without thinking about it. Now it's gone on a while I'm not so sure.

Since my awakening started, I feel like I have been awakening very quickly, and I my past has really been coming out too - at quite a rate.

Perhaps it would be worth seeing a psychic. I have no idea how these things work though.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
indeed and doesn't he deserve the best.

Another thought: I know that when I'm depressed I feel so utterly exhausted as if no amount of sleep will be sufficient. I don't know how you are feeling within yourself and I'm really pleased you feel that you can battle through without the drugs (somethign I did with a depression earlier this year which i felt was humungous but probably was minor) but it was sooooo exhausting more than anything.

That in turn led me to feeling more glum as I had no energy to anything.

I don't know what the trick is - for me I introduced fun into my life and forced myself to have moments of fun and that gave me a break from myself and whilst I might have felt tired from having enjoyed myself it was nothing like the pervasive heaviness that came with the depression.

I still do that in order to deal with the days which can get so monotonous - it feels forced at times but it helps me.

Appreciate that might not work for you or indeed everyone, but anything you can do to give yourself a break from the intensity of life is no bad thing? Read a book, watch a movie that thoroughly absorbs you, and so on.

Take care, and have a good day :-)

Thanks Belle. I know I do have a bit of depression, but I also know that this is caused by issues I need to work on, and not something I need to medicate. - I didn't know this in the past.

I think fun things would help - trouble is I split up with my girlfriend a month ago and I've just moved house so don't know many people in the area. am spending lots of time alone - which I'm fine with because I'm growing even quicker this way - it's just tough, and I don't know where to find fun or joy atm. I'm not interested in the things I used to be interested in due to waking up and realizing they hold no value.

The thing is also, I didn't have these problems when I used to be depressed. I know often the depression makes me tired, but there is extra tiredness and stuff going on that I don't think is linked. Like i'm more fragile than ever.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Master

Sometimes it is distraction as opposed to fun - fun is a bonus. Have you seen the James Bond movie? I'm not a fan of James Bond but it would be engrossing. And I'm not too proud to go to the movies on my own.

Spiritual growth - in my view - needs to be balanced with earthly matters. Maybe that's cos I'm not very advanced - who knows. But we are human beings and spiritual growth is exhausting - shifts, vibration changes, etc.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:32 PM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Sometimes it is distraction as opposed to fun - fun is a bonus. Have you seen the James Bond movie? I'm not a fan of James Bond but it would be engrossing. And I'm not too proud to go to the movies on my own.

Spiritual growth - in my view - needs to be balanced with earthly matters. Maybe that's cos I'm not very advanced - who knows. But we are human beings and spiritual growth is exhausting - shifts, vibration changes, etc.

No I think you're right. Buddhists in the east can never believe how serious western buddhism is. Says it all really. We take the whole spiritual thing very seriously, I know I have been.

and to stay grounded, it's important to still live life.

I'm not a fan of bond either, and not a massive fan of the cinema, but I'm getting out and doing stuff none the less. Perhaps I'll find more things to do. It all just feels a bit pointless sometimes though, if it's not working towards my liberation I don't feel all that interested. Weird I know, but spirituality just seems to have consumed me.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:41 PM
amy green

Peacegarden - something that sprung into my mind today, as a possible cause for your condition, is adrenal fatigue (also called adrenal burnout). It is prone to occur when someone has undergone a lot of stress and you seem to have come through a lot. Just throwing it out here in case it may be a factor, i.e. can google it and see what you think.

Hope your time as a volunteer at the Buddhist retreat was rewarding and nurturing to you.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:49 PM
peacegarden

Funny you mention that Amy because that has sprung to mind before. A lot of my lethargy came on around the time I had been going through the most trauma.

I don't think I looked into it, because it's not recognized or taken seriously by the medical profession, and there are no accurate tests for it. And as far as I'm aware, there's little you can do about it except look after yourself, and hope it passes in time.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:55 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
Funny you mention that Amy because that has sprung to mind before. A lot of my lethargy came on around the time I had been going through the most trauma.

I don't think I looked into it, because it's not recognized or taken seriously by the medical profession, and there are no accurate tests for it. And as far as I'm aware, there's little you can do about it except look after yourself, and hope it passes in time.
I can recommend an excellent herbal adaptogen, known to help repair adrenal damage. It's called RHODIOLA ROSEA - you can buy it from health shops. When I was experiencing the worst stages of vandalism (from a notorious anti-social neighbour), it really helped me. It may sound strange but I could feel it working, i.e. a certain relaxation in that adrenal area which had previously been held taut/tense.

If you feel it may be adrenal exhaustion, I also found massaging the adrenal areas beneficial. The method I read about to do this is to clench both hands into fists and use your knuckles to massage deep on the adrenal areas - working in a circular motion. They may feel tender, painful but (as with the head tension I mentioned) the pain will give way to relief and easing up of the pain.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi PG,
Now that you've told me that...let's go to are u sensitive to light?
Do you always wear sunglasses and would never be without them?
You haven't done the tests yet (eating then focusing on one spot)

So I wil ask you, when you are feelling ok...would you mind drinking
4 ounces of coffee? Sugar in it would be great but not necessary...then tell me
How you feel in a little bit.
If you don't have coffee in the house...could you do a shot, 1 ounce of
Any alcohol? As a test....
Thanx...again process of elimination...everything has a spiritual or emotion or past life
Reason, sure...but it can be treated easily with natural stuff, too.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru