Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 17-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Hey! I found a interesting movie on my Amazon account today. It's called The Knight Of Cups ( 2016) with Natalie Portman,Cate Blanchet and a lot of familiar faces. It definitely has a 'tarot' theme movie.Each scene goes into a theme like 'The Moon'.
There is tarot and energy reading in it do that was cool. The movie is less on super natural though, it's based more on a man who is soul searching for love, bored, always dreaming, never satisfied ( typical knight lol)

It's alright, reviews aren't all that great. It's slow and drags a lot but its interesting.

Super ! will take a look. I am going watch movie called ' A Monster calls ' it is children's movie I think, dk if it's got magic in it.
There is another named Little witches might take a look at that one as well.
Old 17-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Cool but phew, just got done watching Knight Of Cups. I do have to caution it can get very dragging and boring, probably the most exciting is when Natalie Portman put's her foot in Christinan Baile's mouth LOL! Reading the reviews, seems the positive reviews came from fans and enthusiasts of the photography and cinematography, not so much the film content or plot. Still, that was neat watching a tarot theme movie with popular actors.

I noticed in the movie promotion picture I posted, in the center the pic is reversed, I can understand why, the main character portrayed the dark shadow aspects of the Knight of Cups ( reversed) definitely an accurate portray on his 'traits' in general too.
Old 22-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Master
I have just watched Devil's backbone. It's sequel to Pan's Labyrinth if anyone's still interested.
I love children's movies so you can watch The worst witch, and Studio ghibli is superb !
Fun movies--- Hocus Pocus, Witches of East End, Star dust !
Old 22-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Experiencer
Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, Children Who Chase Lost Voices, The Last Unicorn...
"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII
Old 23-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Experiencer
'Bright' was pretty amazing, story was entertaining and the premise of multiple dimensions trying to coexist
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 23-12-2017, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad
'Bright' was pretty amazing, story was entertaining and the premise of multiple dimensions trying to coexist

I agree. I watched it last night on Netflix and found it very interesting.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalKitty777
Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, Children Who Chase Lost Voices, The Last Unicorn...

Seen and watched all of them, great stuff !
Old 18-01-2018, 03:00 AM
Experiencer

The Secret Scripture, 2016, Romance/Drama
"Residing in a psychiatric hospital, a woman receives visits from a young psychologist whose interest in her diary triggers flashbacks of her youth, which was filled with romance, obsession and turmoil."

This summary sadly doesn't give it justice, but if I said anything more, it might be a spoiler. But that "interest" the young psychologist shows is what I refer to as the spiritual component in this heart-warming movie.

One older, but lesser known movie is:
I Origins, 2014, Fantasy/Thriller
"A molecular biologist's study of the human eye has far-reaching implications about humanity's scientific and spiritual beliefs."
There's also hint of reincarnation and number synchronicities all throughout the movie.
Old 22-01-2018, 01:25 AM
Experiencer
Angelic star:
Yay! Someone likes what I like! :)
Haku is one of my favourite characters ever. I even have the Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle artbooks.
"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII
Old 25-01-2018, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalKitty777
Angelic star:
Yay! Someone likes what I like! :)
Haku is one of my favourite characters ever. I even have the Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle artbooks.

<3 I love them all, I am watching a series called Ancient Magus Bride. Just on episode two. I wonder if this is like a short series.