Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-04-2016, 08:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogDog
I lost two dogs (One of which was Frogdog) within less than a year of each other. Both dogs were older with health problems attributed to their breed and both were euthanised because of severe complications due to these health problems that were never going to get better and their quality of life had diminished. Theoretically maybe it should have been easier for me to deal with losing them both because I knew the day they were getting their wings and prepared as much as I could for those days respectively.

Coping with the loss was hard. I've lost a lot of animals over the years having run a rabbit and guinea pig rescue and I was one of those kids who was always picking up injured animals, i was given two Hamsters (that were going as live snake food) and both had a front leg missing each so they could pack their pouches but not empty them very well and the food would go moldy, so I'd empty their pouches with a Q-tip and they would lay back and let me, I did this for 2 years, this was the sort of youngster I was!

The best advice is to be kind to yourself and allow yourself time and patience to go through the emotions you need to.

The reality is somewhat different though, i berated myself over both dogs because with hindsight i believed i should have done things differently, that I was a rotten person and they deserved better than anything I had ever done or given them. But one day I realised that I'd done the best I knew how to do and that I had given it my all with the kindest of intentions and from my heart.

It's coming up to two years since Frogdog got his wings and a little bit more since his friend did, but I think of them both so fondly, and I feel they do to me, we talk as a family about the things they did that made us laugh, they've both visited me to say goodbye for now and I have visitation dreams occasionally. I have their 'adopted sister' and I think they both approve.

I personally think that being spiritual, psychic, clairvoyant can help in the process of grieving for our personal pets because we mostly seem to have a deeper insight and understanding of the after life.

What a lovely post! The words (and actions) of a beautiful soul.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 15-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Master

When the penny drops that animals have souls and are on their own evolutionary journey, then (for you) the world changes.

That beloved pets survive death is as true as it's true that our human loved ones survive death. And we will meet both again, all in the fullness of time.

I'm on a pet forum. I always remember someone there beautifully worded the 'death' of their beloved dog by saying that it had 'trotted on ahead', which is rather charming I think.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 15-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
What a lovely post! The words (and actions) of a beautiful soul.

Thank you