Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 02:42 AM
Red Sky

If our spirituality would catch up to our technology the world would probably be in much better shape. We're still not all that technologically advanced although we have come a long way but spiritually it seems the world is still in the infantile stages (okay - maybe toddler.) I too believe that we have the dormant capabilities to do everything that technology can do and more; I only wish I knew how to wake up those dormant capabilities. How many times have we all heard that we use only ten percent of our brains? Lately, I'm starting to wonder if that's a reference to each individual or humanity in general. Sometime you have to wonder!
Old 05-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Glorymist

Smile

Red Sky - -

What makes the Path so adventurous and yet so apprehensive at the same time is that each individual has to ultimately learn to let the world be what it is why you - - the individual - - moves beyond the consciousness of the masses. I was listening to some late night talk radio stuff just the other night - - and the guy was just going on and on and on about how the world needed to learn this and the world needed to do that, etc. The WORLD - - won't ! ! But the individual can ! ! It is NOT up to the world to change so we can ride along on the bandwagon. We each must have the strength and courage to head into the depths of all of this on our own - - and discover how to hold to it in spite of what the world does or does not do.

As far as capabilities are concerned - - it has much more to do with the purification of the old beliefs than of learning anything new. In other words - - it has much more to do with the old beliefs "covering up" the capabilities rather than our just not being able to implement the capabilities in the first place.

Look at it this way - - if many people could get a lot more of their brain working while adhering to their old beliefs - - they would just utilize their new capabilities for detriment and destruction - - which is done anyway even when limited by "old beliefs." But - - if a person revises and re-shapes their old beliefs into more beneficial ones - - then when s/he learns to use "new capabilities" - - they are more likely to use the for beneficial practices - - whether individual or for the whole.

Just - - things to consider.

:->
Old 05-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Red Sky

Glorymist,

What you've said makes a lot of sense. I tend to say "the world" quite often even though I know it is up to the individual to change since the world isn't going to. It's just so frustrating sometimes to observe and see the state that most individuals in the world are in. I do agree that capabilities are limited by old beliefs and that even if they weren't they would be used by many for negative purposes. It's often difficult to shed those old beliefs. I've certainly been trying to do that for quite some time unfortunately I always tend to slip back into them eventually.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Glorymist

Red Sky - - if you "slip back into anything" - - just start anew. There is quite a bit of leeway in the concept of balance. I have put it in this forum in a couple of places but i will put it here again. Balance is like balancing a pencil on your finger. It can fock back and forth quite a bit before it falls off. Even if it does fall off - - if you immediately pick it up and replace it - - that is only a momentary loss of balance. It's when that pencil hits the floor and stays there - - that is the true loss. And - - we all do that. Many times.

To wrestle with the old beliefs is a major aspect of the overall Path. There are VAST more ways to get lost in it all and to NOT do it correctly than to actually have success. Hence - - the "Narrow Way." Mind is much better at tripping us up than we are in outmaneuvering it.

The best approach is to know what "old belief" you wish to contend with - - adn then focus your energies there - - one at a time. To jump from one "old belief" to another is like trying to gain physical strength by doing 20 pull-ups - - then dismissing that exercise and doing 20 sit-ups - - then dismissing that exercise altogether and doing 5 laps around the track. You might get a vague overall increase in physical ability - - but the focus is gone. They all have to be maintained. One step at a time. And once you get it going - - it has to be maintained.

Very few people are willing to do that.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
Creator - -

Well done. Feel free to be as "deep" as you wish. Just try to clearly state what it is you are trying to say. I know it is hard sometimes - - and semantics plays a BIG part. We all run into that.

So - - we are all "one" with the God Essence. The "same source." A "version of God" Yes. I can go for that.

But now - - help me understand. So what ?? I mean - - I know that's a big concept to accept into one's life - - but so many people seem to use the "we are one" concept as an explanation for doing this or not doing that or believing in this or going farther or what-not. (This is one of those times I wish I had kept some kind of "list" of the various uses of "we are one" - - but then - - that would kind pick on people and I don't really wish to do that.)

I think so many people take all of this to use as a supposed explanation of there not being any individuality in all of this. Like - - we are all one - - so why promote individual beliefs ?? Or have knowledge of individuality ?? Or even "let" individuality exist - - since we are all one ??

They seem to want to dive into this "One-ness" and just lose themselves in it - - like - - lose their individuality in it all. I am NOT saying - - ego. I am not using individuality as another word for ego.

But Soul - - is - - individual - - whether we are "one" with the same source or not.

People seem to fight against this - - kind of like they fight against the concept of ego.

Creator - - is this the way people are wrestling with this concept of "one" ??

Anyone else ??

Hey Glory,

Sorry about the delayed response. I myself believe individuality is a huge part of the oneness aspect. The only way I can think to explain it would be to say that every individual experience is different. So if you took all of those individual experiences and multiplied them by infinity. We would have the collaboration of it all being one thing, happening individually but all together, and all at once.

Now you asked so what of it. Well I would guess that if you do not recognize that each persons individual experience was part of a oneness aspect. We would never be able to understand that we should be able to look at every experience had by another as an experience that we ourselves have chosen in an either lesser evolved version of the oneness or a more highly evolved version.

And that to me is huge. If we all just let go of the belief that my ways are better than yours. And realized that they
Old 10-08-2006, 01:15 AM
Glorymist

Creator - - good job. People have so many differing concepts of the various principles of Life that it is interesting just to toss it all out there and see what people come up with. Yours makes some sense.

I was listening to late-night talk radio not too long ago and some guy was promoting this concept of Oneness. MUCH of his whole approach to it all was quite similar to what you offered. A big part of it was - - that we are all one - - so why do we all have to bicker about everything ?? Why can't we just get along if we are all one ??

That - - is an ideal pipe dream - - thrown out to sidetrack people into trying to live just for that. That's like asking - - we are all students - - so why can't the third graders act like high school graduates ?? It doesn't work that way ! !

Secondly - - it is for the vary fact that people ARE different and do the strange things they do that is a BIG part of the school room itself ! ! It is a way we face ourselves - - in how we react to other people.

Third - - this oneness thing - - as put forth by that radio guest - - is just a way of saying - - why doesn't everyone else change so I don't have to ! !

It doesn't work that way either.

Don't get me wrong - - there IS a major facet to the ONE-ness principle. But - - as usualy - - people haven't figured it out yet. Most approach it from the mental point of view - - and - - look where it all ends up ! !

And - - lastly - - it is against spiritual law to take responsibility for someone else's actions. Otherwise - - karma would not be necessary. Each person has to be responsible for their own actions. That's how they learn. Hitler will be Hitler - - Sadaam will be Sadaam - - you will be you. I will not answer for Hitler. Sorry.

Now - - as far as being morally and ethically responsible for our own actions towards oneself and everyone else - - THAT - - is a given - - whether people actually do it or not. Which - - of course - - is a major foundation upon which karma is built.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Glorymist

We had quite a thread going in the Death and Afterlife category under "What is Eternal" about this whole Oneness thing.

Plus - - we had a good one going in Spiritual Development under "A question for You." Kundalini and I had a good one going for a while. We covered ground.

There was a bit about the whole "oneness" in both. You might give a quick scan.
Old 14-08-2006, 02:41 AM
Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
Creator - - good job. People have so many differing concepts of the various principles of Life that it is interesting just to toss it all out there and see what people come up with. Yours makes some sense.

I was listening to late-night talk radio not too long ago and some guy was promoting this concept of Oneness. MUCH of his whole approach to it all was quite similar to what you offered. A big part of it was - - that we are all one - - so why do we all have to bicker about everything ?? Why can't we just get along if we are all one ??

That - - is an ideal pipe dream - - thrown out to sidetrack people into trying to live just for that. That's like asking - - we are all students - - so why can't the third graders act like high school graduates ?? It doesn't work that way ! !

Secondly - - it is for the vary fact that people ARE different and do the strange things they do that is a BIG part of the school room itself ! ! It is a way we face ourselves - - in how we react to other people.

Third - - this oneness thing - - as put forth by that radio guest - - is just a way of saying - - why doesn't everyone else change so I don't have to ! !

It doesn't work that way either.

Don't get me wrong - - there IS a major facet to the ONE-ness principle. But - - as usualy - - people haven't figured it out yet. Most approach it from the mental point of view - - and - - look where it all ends up ! !

And - - lastly - - it is against spiritual law to take responsibility for someone else's actions. Otherwise - - karma would not be necessary. Each person has to be responsible for their own actions. That's how they learn. Hitler will be Hitler - - Sadaam will be Sadaam - - you will be you. I will not answer for Hitler. Sorry.

Now - - as far as being morally and ethically responsible for our own actions towards oneself and everyone else - - THAT - - is a given - - whether people actually do it or not. Which - - of course - - is a major foundation upon which karma is built.

Hey Glory,

I liked that last post you wrote in the what is eternal thread. As for this thread I
Old 14-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Glorymist

I guess - - when I say - - that each individual has to take responsibility for all their actions - - I just kinda lump it all together. The fact that it just involves yourself or someone else - - or a city or a state or a country or a continent or a planet - - is just part of the overall deal.

Karma - - is simply - - cause and effect. We make promises or deals or issues with another person / etc. - - those will eventually be balanced out. Between those / all parties involved. In some lifetime. Somewhere.

And no - - I don't have anything to do with Hitler / etc. - - unless I had a lifetime during that time - - and I didn't. Even so - - it would have to be somewhat of a direct interaction between the two parties - - or whatever. I am just saying - - the fact that a lot of people believe us to be all "one" - - doesn't mean that we have to share in someone else's karmic implications if we don't have anything to do with them at all.

As far as that paragraph on "giving rise to peolle like that" - - etc. - - you'll have to give me an example. Even an imaginary one. I'm not quite collecting your intentions there.

Karma - - in these worlds - - is never rendered totally useless. ALL have to live under the Law of Karma while they are here in these worlds. Even the Masters. Tho they have a few techniques that help them release karma that they take on as they assist people here and there - - and take on a bit of that person's karmic debt to help that person out a bit - - when "directed" to do so. They don't do it often - - but it is done.

Balance - - any way you look at it - - is tought. So much of what I am saying - - is that people tend to make balance an "either-or" issue. I am just trying to help people understand that there is a bit of leeway in it all - - tho the end result - - the overall balance of all actions / responsibilities - - is the same.
Old 20-08-2006, 08:18 PM
angelus

Science is a man made material thing, it's there to steer you away from the realities of the holy spirit, science can only effect whats on earth, God will not show himself as he's given man free will to make his own choice & will be judged so, faith in something cant be judged if its already proven?
Closed Thread