Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-03-2017, 09:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
pre-birth choice is predicated on the idea that "you" existed as "you" previous to being born. one may wonder how that can occur since what creates "you", as a localized human identity, is the ever variable specificity of human experience. which is what would be about to happen but there would be no "you" as context as yet.

no "you" to make choices.

lol **shrug**

Life is a mystery and everything about it is turned into one, that is the before life, the afterlife, the birth and the death including life itself. We are on a journey that we have forgotten when we embarked on it and all the major details about it.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
Life is a mystery and everything about it is turned into one, that is the before life, the afterlife, the birth and the death including life itself. We are on a journey that we have forgotten when we embarked on it and all the major details about it.

well, that's cool and quite poetic. however, i have never existed as this selfhood before and never will again, as the circumstances which created this particular manifestation of self has never occurred in the past and will never be duplicated in the future.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:33 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
So after reading multiple NDEs I noticed that it was being said that before we were born we all made the decision to incarnate on Earth and become physical. I wouldn't have any trouble believing that concept if it weren't for the fact that I most likely would NOT have chosen to be here if I knew what my life was going to be like. Or are some of us forced to incarnate as ''punishment'' for something or to be forcefully taught?

Just to get started on that note, only read ur former posting of this post formally quoted..

Well consider it as if all were waiting on a line.. and some took the better spots of life.. and some couldnt get to there better spot in life overall...
So u come up with what u can to have a life acknowledged before life in the end meats of your life. I reckon and this without former knowlegde, that you know the goal of your life past prior to your start, and that you agree on it giving it a test and sampling of the reality of life in itself.. so you play against the othe player which is the negativity of the realm of darkness (or kingdom)... not darkness persay, but the negativity of it which is the daunting cause of all harshness in this day and age around the world

I could go into more controversial matters from what i consider of this but will leave it with this since i have nothing preped to begin with to say.. so hope this does something.. if not it did for me... so im grateful and thanks that you posted this thread overall,... hope to a better understanding for us all in this matter and thanks...

Just coming down from my pre-morning opinions*

ulo
Old 11-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwutzi
Just to get started on that note, only read ur former posting of this post formally quoted..

Well consider it as if all were waiting on a line.. and some took the better spots of life.. and some couldnt get to there better spot in life overall...
So u come up with what u can to have a life acknowledged before life in the end meats of your life. I reckon and this without former knowlegde, that you know the goal of your life past prior to your start, and that you agree on it giving it a test and sampling of the reality of life in itself.. so you play against the othe player which is the negativity of the realm of darkness (or kingdom)... not darkness persay, but the negativity of it which is the daunting cause of all harshness in this day and age around the world

I could go into more controversial matters from what i consider of this but will leave it with this since i have nothing preped to begin with to say.. so hope this does something.. if not it did for me... so im grateful and thanks that you posted this thread overall,... hope to a better understanding for us all in this matter and thanks...

Just coming down from my pre-morning opinions*

ulo

Ok and what if you lose against the negativity of the realm of darkness and blew it big time? I understand if someone stands positive in their shoes it's easy for them to say that others can also do it, but sometimes they forget to acknowledge that there are people who are dealing with different things and have it worse than them to a point a positive outlook on everything isn't gonna solve anything, only a miracle can. And what makes you think we were incarnated to reach a specific goal some higher being assigned to us? I know my own goal because I have decided for it to be my goal myself, but that doesn't mean I was assigned the same goal before I was born. I think life is just random and meaningless, holding no single purpose at all, we create our own purposes through our desires and life goals.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Ok and what if you lose against the negativity of the realm of darkness and blew it big time? I understand if someone stands positive in their shoes it's easy for them to say that others can also do it, but sometimes they forget to acknowledge that there are people who are dealing with different things and have it worse than them to a point a positive outlook on everything isn't gonna solve anything, only a miracle can.

I suspect learning how to adjust our reactions and response to the negative and hard times and find the positive in it might be a large part of why some of us are here.
We can live in a beautiful house and have great friends and family and still eat ourselves from the inside with our thinking. It doesn't require bad situations or being poverty stricken to struggle with the dark side, it can happen in anyone's mind no matter their situation.

Living a life of gratitude and appreciation and finding joy and happiness in the little moments and simple things is a radical challenge for those who are in their heads.

I remember being in a village in the third world, no electricity, no running water, dirt floors, villagers doing laundry in the creek, working hard all day to grow food and so on.... but over all the villagers were happier, more prone to easy laughter, quickly over came moments of negative emotions, and were more prone to whistling and singing without being aware of it than my first world counter parts.

I live in America, I almost never hear anyone whistle a little ditty when they walk down the street or work in their yard. When I was growing up it was common to walk through town and hear people whistling or singing while they worked. There is a level of happiness which seems elusive to us now as a culture in general.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:46 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

I recommend you try a "life between lives" regression. After that, browse Michael Newton's books.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator
I have struggled with being human and in the process started asking all sorts of questions and some of the responses I have gotten were that I planned and agreed to this life. That regardless how badly I wanted out I couldn't leave until the show was over. And in regards to what I should do next I was told that I have fixed plans. Where that information came from and whether or not it's true is anyone's guess but I do see the trajectory of my life. The people and circumstances as tools in a way to trigger me to face my personal issues.

One of which was the idea that there is any sort of passing or failing the test of life. It's simply about the experience all of which is valuable to the soul even if it feels illogical to our human self. For example if a soul is trying to learn to not identify themselves from a pass/fail perspective they may set up a life that includes failure to learn it isn't the end of the world. So the human self may perceive the whole of the life to be a waste while the soul found great value in the experience to get one step closer to putting less identification behind how well they perform.

In the end human life and all its suffering is temporary and as such I suspect we feel invincible while in soul planning a life forgetting how difficult and painful it can be and then get here wondering what the heck we were thinking. I guess a good way to look at it is that no one deserves a horrible life but at some point we may agree to one to shake loose our belief systems that are holding us back. The fact you are angry about your predicament is healthy and could wind up being your biggest motivator and teacher. Just my opinion though so take it for what it is worth. Take care.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Ok and what if you lose against the negativity of the realm of darkness and blew it big time? I understand if someone stands positive in their shoes it's easy for them to say that others can also do it, but sometimes they forget to acknowledge that there are people who are dealing with different things and have it worse than them to a point a positive outlook on everything isn't gonna solve anything, only a miracle can. And what makes you think we were incarnated to reach a specific goal some higher being assigned to us? I know my own goal because I have decided for it to be my goal myself, but that doesn't mean I was assigned the same goal before I was born. I think life is just random and meaningless, holding no single purpose at all, we create our own purposes through our desires and life goals.

The one who treads on the path of virtue, will never lose, even if he falters big time, in due duration of his previous Karma (that by virtue;) will lead him to a place where he receives the necessary appendix to follow along and though to get to the place of the I AM in you.
In other words, the universe is here to help us out.
All people deal with the same things,. Problem is most get attached to it and entangled with the scene of it, unwilling to look for the way out of it by higher virtue, that which does not glorify man, but the creator of heaven and earth.. which is to say, they tarnish the trodden way and get stained by it unwilling to get there stained gadgets and gear cleanse and wash a-clean with proper things through ego riches... worldly riches by terms of ego, they toss old cloth away rather giving it to the poor, or saving up the money to give to the less fortunate, thus is this act spiritually spoken, where charity is an act of the heart done in action by ones might...

God be praised
Old 12-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Seeker

Yes they say we choose our next life unconsciously.Specially mental situation at the time of deathe death decides what chapter is coming next.According Hindus Karmas also effect this.
For example
If a person is involved in spiritual practices so in new birth there will high chances that the person will be born in either a family of intellectuals or a rich family so the person will have more time to complete his practices than earning money.

Or the person may encounter a very heart breaking situation and detaches from world ultimately finding his practices which he left in his last birth.

Regards,
Wondering Yogi
Old 12-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I suspect learning how to adjust our reactions and response to the negative and hard times and find the positive in it might be a large part of why some of us are here.
We can live in a beautiful house and have great friends and family and still eat ourselves from the inside with our thinking. It doesn't require bad situations or being poverty stricken to struggle with the dark side, it can happen in anyone's mind no matter their situation.

Living a life of gratitude and appreciation and finding joy and happiness in the little moments and simple things is a radical challenge for those who are in their heads.

I remember being in a village in the third world, no electricity, no running water, dirt floors, villagers doing laundry in the creek, working hard all day to grow food and so on.... but over all the villagers were happier, more prone to easy laughter, quickly over came moments of negative emotions, and were more prone to whistling and singing without being aware of it than my first world counter parts.

I live in America, I almost never hear anyone whistle a little ditty when they walk down the street or work in their yard. When I was growing up it was common to walk through town and hear people whistling or singing while they worked. There is a level of happiness which seems elusive to us now as a culture in general.

Sometimes it is impossible to find positivity in negativity. The hard truth is, some people just need a kick under their butt to get themselves put together. But as one of them, there are others who are less fortunate and have every reason to be negative. And about enjoying those little things you speak of as a cure.... Imagine living in a cage where your life is very small in contrast to those living outside the cage and experience the full gifts life has to offer. The one in the cage (having a small life where everything is daily the same without any change) will start to detest the ''little things'' and wants to move on and escape from that cage. It's difficult to find gratidude in life, especially if all your few blessings are slowly but surely taken away and things become worse for the matter.