Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 14-11-2010, 04:30 PM
shamandreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well thats sound yummy and I do think you know what you are talking about given what you shared, thanks for that. Do you eat lentils and other legumes ?, and also do you eat tofu ?.

I sprout chick peas, lentils and green gram (mung beans) in the summer very often, in the winter I will occasionally cook them and eat them that way, they are a very healthy and tasty addition to the diet.

I used to adhere strictly to the idea of eating 100% raw only, but now, I probably have 5% of my diet in the winter that is cooked. My body is happy with this. I realized that my control issues with food were causing me to be unreasonable about sticking to such a structured diet.

I never eat tofu anymore. The vast majority of soybean crops are GMO (genetically modified) and I don't like the idea of eating something that has been moved away from nature like that. I also don't eat carrots and most beets because of this as well. I have found some heirloom beet seeds that I grow in my garden.
Old 15-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Erato

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamandreaming
I have read much from David Wolfe, Gabriel Cousins, Matt Monarch and his lovely wife Angela (although they weren't married when I first found her), The Boutenkos (The Raw Family), and many, many more wonderful people who are truly inspirational to me.

I followed Kevin Gianni and his wife on youtube for a while, as well as some others who vlog about their raw experience. It was very interesting to watch them evolve (or not).

However, the first book on the raw food lifestyle I bought was the one by Alissa Cohen called "Living on Live Food". I found her website and pre-ordered her book years ago and it has been one truly wonderful experience after another since then. I must give her the credit for being the one to initially inspire me.

I was so fortunate to do a "juice feast" last year for 92 days that completely changed my life, I was turned onto it by Angela Stokes (now Monarch), who blogged about her experience with it. David Rainosheck has a website that is phenomenal if one wants to pursue that experience.

I can't say that I follow one person over another in this, as I find it to be a singularly personal experience, but the ones who have gone before me, the "pioneers", so to speak, have been so very open and giving about sharing information about their experiences, it makes it almost effortless. There are challenges to be sure, but it's so worth it for me.

Thank you, shamandreaming.
I have not heard of Rainoshek but I looked him up and his site seems full of delightful surprises!

Daniel Vitalis isn't that into raw food, is he? I looking up Mathew Kenney right now.
The first thing I read is that he is into sustainable cuisine. Sounds good. It's important that we learn how to garden responsibly and don't do any more damage to the planet when growing our own food. Have you read "The Vegetarian Myth" and "The Omnivore Dilemma"? Those have been on my list for a bit now and they seem like staple books for the conscious eater.

I don't relate to Gabriel Cousens energy at all for some reason. I'm intuitively turned off by him. I'm not sure why.
Old 16-11-2010, 02:50 AM
shamandreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erato
Thank you, shamandreaming.
I have not heard of Rainoshek but I looked him up and his site seems full of delightful surprises!

Daniel Vitalis isn't that into raw food, is he? I looking up Mathew Kenney right now.
The first thing I read is that he is into sustainable cuisine. Sounds good. It's important that we learn how to garden responsibly and don't do any more damage to the planet when growing our own food. Have you read "The Vegetarian Myth" and "The Omnivore Dilemma"? Those have been on my list for a bit now and they seem like staple books for the conscious eater.

I don't relate to Gabriel Cousens energy at all for some reason. I'm intuitively turned off by him. I'm not sure why.

I should have clarified about Daniel Vitalis. I am more drawn to his understanding and interest in herbal infusions and how water affects us depending on where it is drawn from and how it has been treated. In a way, it relates to raw food, as I am interested in how it affects my vitality and longevity as well as my spiritual condition, but you're right, he's not strictly a "raw foodie".

Mathew Kenney has a couple of cookbooks (raw food) that I really enjoy.

I have not read the two books that you quote. Thank you for sharing, I will definitely add both of those titles to my read list.

Gabriel Cousins is an interesting individual in my opinion. I met him in person in Sedona, Arizona and he was a very lovely man. Aside from that, the only interest I have had in him is to learn about his discoveries about how food, as well as other things, affects us. I certianly don't agree with everything he teaches, but he has a vast amount of experience and knowledge that I appreciate.

The longer I journey down the raw food path, the less I tend to look to others for answers and the more I look into myself for what my body and spirit need. I will always be so grateful to the ones who shared their knowledge and experience about it, but I do believe it's a personal journey and no person can give another all of the answers. What works for one may not necessarily work for another, that's why it's so wonderful to be able to share. The more we (collectively) give, the more we have to give.
Old 16-11-2010, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
I sprout chick peas, lentils and green gram (mung beans) in the summer very often, in the winter I will occasionally cook them and eat them that way, they are a very healthy and tasty addition to the diet.

I used to adhere strictly to the idea of eating 100% raw only, but now, I probably have 5% of my diet in the winter that is cooked. My body is happy with this. I realized that my control issues with food were causing me to be unreasonable about sticking to such a structured diet.

I never eat tofu anymore. The vast majority of soybean crops are GMO (genetically modified) and I don't like the idea of eating something that has been moved away from nature like that. I also don't eat carrots and most beets because of this as well. I have found some heirloom beet seeds that I grow in my garden.
Hi shamandreaming, gee I never though of sprouting chick peas and lentils, thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Old 16-11-2010, 03:33 AM
shamandreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi shamandreaming, gee I never though of sprouting chick peas and lentils, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

You're welcome.
Old 17-11-2010, 12:28 PM
eternaLight

Angel1 ~RAW~

Quote:
Hello to all.

I've been living a raw food lifestyle since 2007, after experimenting with it for a couple of years before that, and I can truly say that it has raised my awareness to a completely new level.

I know it's not necessarily for everyone right now, but it isn't as difficult as you might think.

Namaste
---

Yes I agree... if the body is a Temple then it is wise to feed it the best most nutritious noble foods...

and with a cleaner more fine-tuned body the ability to pick up on the higher subtle realms is enhanced
Old 17-11-2010, 12:30 PM
eternaLight

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erato

Daniel Vitalis isn't that into raw food, is he?

-

He said in a recent vid he is 'beyond raw food'. He is into primal eating and raw meat, which I definitely don't vibe with. Its just not my path.
Old 19-11-2010, 07:47 AM
PrincessKLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
They say you can steam your veggies and as long as they are not heated to 180 degrees it's supposedly alright...

a typical day...

i don't normally eat breakfast, and have not eaten it for years. when i eat lunch varies, depending on how busy i am throughout the day.

lunch is a salad.. lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, mushrooms, onions, and sometimes carrots. and it's not a huge bowl of salad either.. it's a normal size.

i may eat some nuts with the salad.. i then usually get a banana.

dinner is usually fresh squeezed juice combination... different fruits juiced into a 20 oz drink or so.

then from there i snack on fruits, watermelon, honeydew, grapes. and eat nuts if i didn't have any for lunch. i eat a good amount of nuts in a day. i also eat about 3 or so bananas a day.

So why don't you eat breakfast, and what do you do in the mornings to replace it?
Old 28-02-2015, 03:58 PM
wanderlusterer

For protein I eat about 3 eggs + 2-3 more egg whites a day. Make sure to get some egg yolks with the egg whites, as egg whites contain some enzyme that prevents the body from absorbing vitamins. egg yolks reverse this. Dont know about meats, haven't tried.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:32 AM
Guide

I am eating raw since 2010 and I can say that I am more than happy about it.