Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 20-10-2019, 09:47 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony1007
Ahh my sunshine, thank you. Your kind words made my day yesterday, and you’ve done it again today

So GLAD to hear of this. Anytime, you want , I am here

We all need time to come to terms with, process and accept change. More than this, a transformation, a new way of living and being. Love can just achieve all and all can be achieved much quicker and easier with and through Love.
Old 28-10-2019, 12:58 AM

I am so happy for you Harmony
Old 19-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Seeker
When I first met my wife, I was scientifically minded and quite materialistic, apart from having had a few of what I called 'odd' experiences in my younger days.

After about 5 years of marriage, and one very frightening poltergeist-type experience, I started studying esoteric subjects. I then continued studying New-Age subjects before developing into Spiritualism and Mediumship, and Spirit Guides.

However, all this time, my wife has considered these subjects as 'nonsense'!

I've tried talking to her about it many times, to no avail. She's stuck in a materialistic mentality, and frightened of anything spiritual, so I don't mention it anymore!

One of my very few outlets for discussing spiritual subjects, is this great site.

Why do we reincarnate?
Just for the sake of it, nothing else.
Because we love being alive!

======================

A lot of interesting stuff to read at https://rememberinglifeanddeath.weebly.com/
Old 20-12-2019, 04:20 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony1007
He looks at me like I’m a nutter each time I tell him something new. In fact, he seems quite empty, which leads me to think that deep down he knows it’s true & is worried it might take me away from him, although he would not admit this.
Well, you pair have been married for a quarter century, is it really a surprise? (I won't bring in the subject of menopause here as a cause.) He's got to "know you" over all those years so he probably wonders what's got to you.

Quote:
Has anyone encountered similar issues in their relationships?
Not me, I haven't had a 24 year relationship with anyone (except my parents and while I've changed quite a bit they accommodate me as I am - or so I believe....hope...!).

Quote:
My emotions feel ‘flat’ now. I don’t get angry or stressed about anything as I feel I understand people’s behaviour & egos & the reasons behind them.
I understand about no more stressed and angry because I've mellowed a lot myself in the past few years. It's worth remembering though that much stress (and anger) is forced upon people especially when younger - occupational, financial pressures, aspirational disappointments, relationship questions etc. But these can extend into later life. Very few people are secure these days, in themselves or their circumstances. Stresses can be very tiny but they accumulate. So...good if you've got rid of them (except this one). And likewise emotions. They no longer concern me overmuch.

As for ego, to me ego IS the person in context - egos are adjusted to suit circumstances. They're our public front. Without one, we'd be blobs who could not distinguish ourselves from any other. The moment you're into self-development through developing a spiritual self, you're exercising ego so regard much of what you read about it on spiritual sites with scepticism.

Seems that your situation begs a few questions:
- is this a serious divergence in the relationship? Does the overall value of your relationship outweigh it - because, like it or not, even if he superficially 'went along' with you any awakening on his part would likely be different from yours. Who knows but that the difference might be greater than his current scepticism? Do you feel the marriage has run its time? If so, do you believe you could meet someone with beliefs in line with your own?

What seems to be happening is not uncommon to those of a spiritual leaning (my life is my spirituality) - you're en route to finding Self - which explains why your former ailments are disappearing.