Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #711  
Old 17-11-2019, 10:31 PM
sentient sentient is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 861
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
i think both the narcissist and the heroine addict and everyone and everything has only one desire. and that is to find god. what is everything searching for? joy and peace.
It has been said that “Tantra is the language of Samsara” and that statement seems to hold some truth to it, for example both the narcissist and the more enlightened person have no choice in regards to their actions/behaviour but from entirely different reasons and perspectives ...


Quote:
the current programming of the people at this time will associate it in a negative context. i would bet many people on here think me in negative ways and some may even think i do drugs and so on.

If one has never had profound awareness shifts with the consequent shifts in the perception of Reality ("What Is") one perhaps cannot imagine that which you have described.

And when Reality changes, so do the “rules of the game” which is why ‘we’ have Hinayana, Mahayana and Vajrayana/Tantra. Practices are different depending on ‘where you/we are AT’.

And Mandala – as I understand it is one way of describing where one is AT.
https://www.tibetan-buddhist-art.com...es-500x380.jpg

Centre and its surrounds.
Buddhahood can be at its centre or Egohood, both have their respective (surrounding) aspects.

Conceptual ‘knowing ground’ can be at the centre of the Mandala or intuitive, direct-inner-knowing, which perhaps could be described as a ‘ground of no ground’, because the conceptual mind cannot know it.

"The current programming" is perhaps fearful of losing its 'ground' seeing such an idea threatening .....

*
__________________
Mordovian band OYME:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHc6hZuYw0g

Last edited by sentient : 17-11-2019 at 11:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #712  
Old Yesterday, 02:47 AM
running running is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in my truck. anywhere usa
Posts: 5,463
  running's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
It has been said that “Tantra is the language of Samsara” and that statement seems to hold some truth to it, for example both the narcissist and the more enlightened person have no choice in regards to their actions/behaviour but from entirely different reasons and perspectives ...



If one has never had profound awareness shifts with the consequent shifts in the perception of Reality ("What Is") one perhaps cannot imagine that which you have described.

And when Reality changes, so do the “rules of the game” which is why ‘we’ have Hinayana, Mahayana and Vajrayana/Tantra. Practices are different depending on ‘where you/we are AT’.

And Mandala – as I understand it is one way of describing where one is AT.
https://www.tibetan-buddhist-art.com...es-500x380.jpg

Centre and its surrounds.
Buddhahood can be at its centre or Egohood, both have their respective (surrounding) aspects.

Conceptual ‘knowing ground’ can be at the centre of the Mandala or intuitive, direct-inner-knowing, which perhaps could be described as a ‘ground of no ground’, because the conceptual mind cannot know it.

"The current programming" is perhaps fearful of losing its 'ground' seeing such an idea threatening .....

*

my guidance told me freedom lies in circles. its interesting the picture you of the mandela is in a circle.

when i have a chance im gonna spend some time on it.

over the recent years i have been learning a little here and there about my girlfriend's dealings with her step dad whom she believes is a narcissist. i say believe because i have no first hand experience with one to know much about it. because he is a psychologist it helped him or perhaps still does to manipulate people to his liking. it was very hard on her growing up. but she is getting past the controlling atmosphere she grew up in. so what you say about them is making sense to me from what i have heard from her.

thank you for the education!
__________________
Pay No Mind to the PROPAGANDA. Do YOU!
https://youtu.be/CevxZvSJLk8

You Hold ALL the Cards in YOU!
https://youtu.be/bESGLojNYSo

NEVER Give Up Your Power. ALL the POWER is in YOU!
https://youtu.be/0KSOMA3QBU0
Reply With Quote
  #713  
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Phaelyn Phaelyn is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 79
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You see how that can't be realized 'later on'? No one lives later on. The imaginary future me who is enlightened and purified is entirely fabricated by the powerful mind.
Then there is remembered me who is supposed to be the same one as the future me, but past has gone by and future is not happening, so 'this' is 'it'.

Ideas like those lead to experiences of enlightenment. Questioning the whole construct we live within and accept. In this moment, finding freedom from the known.
Then everything expands and we are free, for a moment or an eternity.
Reply With Quote
  #714  
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM
sentient sentient is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 861
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You see how that can't be realized 'later on'? No one lives later on. The imaginary future me who is enlightened and purified is entirely fabricated by the powerful mind.
Then there is remembered me who is supposed to be the same one as the future me, but past has gone by and future is not happening, so 'this' is 'it'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Ideas like those lead to experiences of enlightenment. Questioning the whole construct we live within and accept. In this moment, finding freedom from the known.
Then everything expands and we are free, for a moment or an eternity.
If one thinks about a Buddhist path as a ‘journey’ from Egohood to Buddhahood, then I agree. Obviously visualizing yourself as a Deity or the love and light in the world whilst in that narcisstic egoic state can only lead to further delusions, to further imprisonment, to further suffering.

So I assume Hinayana path starts by emptying out ... with cutting that ego-trip down. I assume it cuts everything down. As it is supposed to.

But what happens, when you no longer act from the egoic point of view and start to experience egolessness. How to handle egolessness?
That is a game changer and now visualizations can be (re)introduced.

Quote:
The State of “Egohood”
Ego is able to convert everything to its own use, even spirituality.
For example, if you have learned of a particularly beneficial meditation technique of spiritual practice, then ego’s attitude is, first to regard it as an object of fascination and, second to examine it.
Finally, since ego is seeming solid and cannot really absorb anything, it can only mimic. Thus ego tries to examine and imitate the practice of meditation and the meditative way of life.
When we have learned all the tricks and answers of the spiritual game, we automatically try to imitate spirituality, since real involvement would require the complete elimination of ego, and actually the last thing we want to do is to give up the ego completely.
However, we cannot experience that which we are trying to imitate; we can only find some area within the bounds of ego that seems to be the same thing.
Ego translates everything in terms of its own state of health, its own inherent qualities. It feels a sense of great accomplishment and excitement at have been able to create such a pattern.
At last it has created a tangible accomplishment, a confirmation of its own individuality.

~ Chögyam Trungpa
__________________
Mordovian band OYME:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHc6hZuYw0g

Last edited by sentient : Yesterday at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #715  
Old Today, 01:35 AM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 19,113
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Ideas like those lead to experiences of enlightenment. Questioning the whole construct we live within and accept. In this moment, finding freedom from the known.
Then everything expands and we are free, for a moment or an eternity.




I think in consideration of the truth of where the attention is, the moment it really exists in, all that exists is right here, and one's interest becomes about the truth just as it is experienced. Notions of future conjectures are noticed to be imagined along with the craving associated with all that. It isn't then a matter of squashing the imagined future or the associated craving, but just knowing 'this is mind'. Not as knowledge, but with the direct awareness of the nature of the thing.



If that is the fundamental quality of 'what meditation is', then people would be guided by their insightful understanding and not the knowledge someone taught them. The truth of 'this is how it is' would underpin any formalisation of technique.


For example, breath awareness: You know how it feels not because you have a lot of knowledge in Buddhist philosophy, but because you are feeling it currently. What does it actually feel like? No one knows. You can only know 'what it's like' in the moment of noticing it.
Reply With Quote
  #716  
Old Today, 01:35 AM
running running is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in my truck. anywhere usa
Posts: 5,463
  running's Avatar
ego in reguards to bliss and silence.

when the silence or the bliss or lets say both become introduced to the experience. there is a back and forth that goes on between the individual and it. also the physical body as well.

the ego. the physical body. and the bliss have to become one. this is the dating process as i see it. or what is called the kundalini awakening.

the ego and the body can only take so much at a time. the mind would literally for moments to longer completely and or to a lesser extent not be functional. you may be there but you wont be able to react, think, experience anything other than a deep silence and bliss. the body for some people may become non reactive. i never experinced not being able to use my body but you hear about it. from various people.

this process of the mind, the body, and bliss and silence to all come together can take years, decades, or even a lifetime.

in the process and why i call it dating is because it comes and it goes. when the mind calms down and or the body calms down. bliss and silence can sneak in there.

over time the system becomes open enough, and used to it enough. then the marriage happens. some call this the marriage of shiva and shakti. they become one in you. or in the Christian faith, son or daugher and the holy spirit. i personally saw it as actualy the mother, father, and son. the mother and father as one is the holy spirit. but that was my vision.

where people get confused is when it comes because the mind let go. thinking then ego blocks it. yes. and no. yes during the process. no after marriage.

just like anything in life there is a process. but the process is the process. the end result is end result. because bliss and silence have no ego, or how i think of it, non dual, there is no battle between you and it. no battle between the ego and it.
__________________
Pay No Mind to the PROPAGANDA. Do YOU!
https://youtu.be/CevxZvSJLk8

You Hold ALL the Cards in YOU!
https://youtu.be/bESGLojNYSo

NEVER Give Up Your Power. ALL the POWER is in YOU!
https://youtu.be/0KSOMA3QBU0
Reply With Quote
  #717  
Old Today, 06:14 PM
running running is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in my truck. anywhere usa
Posts: 5,463
  running's Avatar
continued.


https://youtu.be/Cr1HHL4gSt4




.



.
__________________
Pay No Mind to the PROPAGANDA. Do YOU!
https://youtu.be/CevxZvSJLk8

You Hold ALL the Cards in YOU!
https://youtu.be/bESGLojNYSo

NEVER Give Up Your Power. ALL the POWER is in YOU!
https://youtu.be/0KSOMA3QBU0
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums