Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I've also been shown who will be waiting for me. As to what it will look like, I really don't want to know. I'll work something out when I get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover
That line made me smile Lol..

That line made me smile too.
Old 21-10-2019, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm a medium and my wife channels Spirit so I don't need to suspect, we've done readings for people whose Loved Ones have passed over. Sometimes there is a period of time - depending on the Life of the person that has passed over - where their consciousness needs to 'adjust' back to being Spirit again, but in the longer term (yeah I know, Spirit doesn't have the same perception of time) then yes, they do have access to the Akashic Records and collective consciousness, as they remember who they really are. It doesn't matter if they had a belief system or not, the same process happens for everyone. Believers being treated differently is nothing more than elitism.

Ghosts hover in the earth plane because there is often something holding them here in their perception, such as not wanting to leave a Loved One behind.

The materialist, the atheist, the theist.... all go through exactly the same process. Most often they go through a tunnel of Light and find themselves in a beautiful place that theists would call heaven but the materialists/atheists wouldn't. Some materialists/atheists have reported beings of Light waiting for them while theists would call them angels, or Loved Ones looking as though they're 30 years old. The only difference is that materialists/atheists don't perceive it within a religious context. In Spirit, nobody is a materialist, atheist, theist, believer, non-believer.... Sometimes even the most hardened materialists have had NDEs and have seen God. angels, etc....

What people actually see has more to do with the subconsciousness than their earthly belief system because much of what people having NDEs have reported is what can be avatars of the collective consciousness. Beings of Light across any number of cultures across time and geography (including present day), rooms or buildings or even cities of Light are very common themes.

Not having done a survey I'm not sure what the stats are but I'd reckon most people are comfortable with an AfterLife of some description, most people want to think that their Loved Ones have gone to a better place and that they'll meet them when their turn comes. Most people I've spoken to - even though they may not be believers - accept that others have a sense of something after physical death, so the idea isn't confined to theists. I'd also think that even the most hardcore materialists/atheists harbour thoughts that death is not the end when it comes to the big crunch. Having beliefs of the existence or non-existence of something after death in the comfort of your belief system is one thing, being faced with the prospect of imminent death puts a very different perspective on things.

I personally am an atheist, and to me that means I simply don't have a belief of God/Gods either way, I don't believe they exist and I don't believe they don't exist. I've also been shown who will be waiting for me. As to what it will look like, I really don't want to know. I'll work something out when I get there.

Communication with the departed ones is most assuredly possible.

Could you elaborate more on "What people actually see has more to do with the subconsciousness than their earthly belief system because much of what people having NDEs have reported is what can be avatars of the collective consciousness."

Having had an NDE myself, I am curious to hear more about what you have to say on that subject.
Old 21-10-2019, 05:56 PM
Pathfinder

material benefits

Thanks for sharing lot of prevalent belief which resonate a lot with many of the people world around .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I very much doubt religious people have any sort of advantage over atheists or non-believers after passing over. What matters is how you live your life, not what you believe or don't believe.

If the lens through which you see is material/physical , you are cent percent right . Spiritual pursuits are by design not meant to provide material advantage. If the seeker is seeking material advantage in spiritual pursuits , he is using God just the way we use other people in our lives for our legitimate needs .There is nothing divine or spiritual in it.Though by design spiritual pursuits dont guarantee material advantage , it has been anecdotally and historically seen that His true seekers have gained materially from the infinite providence of His kingdom which not everybody can see/understand.

Quote:
but there's no need to then spread a belief system about a deity that ''guided'' you, one that cannot be proven to exist.

Just the way u see every original scientists have done some practical work in their fields (either as lecturer , trainee , Lab assistant etc) , spreading a belief system (which i really call laws of life and not mere belief because beliefs care about ur opinion whereas laws are absolute and does not care for majority beliefs ) is a practical applied spirituality through which spiritual insights are sharpened.

Quote:

If your actions and practices are right-aligned than it might perhaps be easier or quicker to adjust in an afterlife, but having some belief in a god and an afterlife is unlikely going to score you *points* or reputation.

Scientific people know about the importance of following steps in right order in right measure in right manner. Any laymen whims and fancies will not have preference in scientific procedure and rightfully so . Its about 'first things first' which Steven Cohey writes in his best seller 7 best habits of highly effective people . Belief in a God and afterlife is an important ingredient of spiritual pursuits according to spiritual masters . Having said all these i leave it to your value judgement what to take and learn in life .

Remember Spirituality is not negation of material life .It's definitely regulated disciplined material life which eventually in the long run far more material than mundane common people material life .
Old 22-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
I'll work something out when I get there.
Yah - as stated by Jane Robert's Seth (among many others) "The 'point' of 'power' is (always!) 'in' the present."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJL1BpqBm1A

The real issue then becomes "Just what are you working/playing 'out' by way of attitude and intention now ... right here? This 'in' the 'moment' choice is what determines the shape/set-up/nature/enivironment of your future there(s).

And from my book:
The aspects of reality encompassed by attitude and intention, as I use such terms, are so multi-dimensional and interactive that they defy definitive description, especially in short order. Let me just say that, operationally, attitude psychospiritually sets the parameters into which Life may flow, and intention psychospiritually propels It towards the aimed for goal. This is not vain speculation. It is because attitude and intention are supremely consequential that those who know best and care most advise that they be concordantly combined and felicitously focused:
“Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, what*soever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (The Bible, Philippians; 4:8.)

“Establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: for those things that are good.” (The Quran, xi:114.)

“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” (The Bible, Luke; 11:9.)

“Fix thy mind on Me, devote thyself to Me, sacrifice for Me, surrender to Me, make Me the object of thy aspirations, and thou shalt assuredly become one with Me, Who am thine own Self.” (The Bhagavad Gita, 9:34.)
What they say is true. You can become a godly being by adopting a positive outlook and concentrating on actualizing what is most beneficial. In fact, nothing is more vital—selectively opening yourself to what is most salutary and purposefully pursuing what is best will enable you to ever more positively enhance and augment Life’s process.
Old 25-10-2019, 04:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
That line made me smile too.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Communication with the departed ones is most assuredly possible.

Could you elaborate more on "What people actually see has more to do with the subconsciousness than their earthly belief system because much of what people having NDEs have reported is what can be avatars of the collective consciousness."

Having had an NDE myself, I am curious to hear more about what you have to say on that subject.
Well, I'm a medium and my wife channels so you'll get no arguments there.

What colour is consciousness? Of course it has no colour, and that's the whole issue.

Think about dreams, which are often the subconscious working things through or trying to send a message to the conscious mind. One day you wake up to remember that you had a lovely dream about flying like a bird, which makes no literal sense to the mind itself, but what's really going on? At a conscious level you might be getting on with your day because it's what you do, but underneath your subconscious mind needs to feel free of the shackles your conscious mind has placed upon it. Underneath it all you hate your daily grind. Essentially it's the subconscious communicating with the mind, the human mind thinks best in pictures not words. The subconscious says "You need to be free" by giving you the image of a bird to stimulate feelings and/or emotions within you so that you feel as though you want to fly by telling your boss to stick it. It works by association - much of the mind works via associations, which is one basis for Spirituality.

The imagery the subconscious sends to the mind is imagery that the mind is already familiar with and makes the strongest associations with. This is the reason all Spirit is 35 years old according to mediumship, technically Spirit has no age but the human mind needs an image to understand that someone is Spirit is in the prime of their Life/existence.

When Robin Williams went to heaven in Whatever Dreams May Come, initially it was a vast field of grass and flowers with a small wooden shack. That was 'heaven' to him. What his wife who committed suicide saw was her image of purgatory. Christians see angels and God because that imagery - being the core of their beliefs - is deeply rooted within their subconscious, others see their Loved Ones and so on for the same reasons. They are all 'artefacts' or 'avatars' of consciousness, because consciousness itself doesn't look like anything. That's why consciousness is Light and the subconscious is dark. Angels are usually from the collective consciousness - most people associate angels with God, heaven, guidance, protection.... Light itself and/or Beings of Light are usually from the collective subconsciousness and atheists can see them too because they are not religion-related but have been around since the days of cavemen, and are common across history and beliefs - and even lack of them.

In your NDE, if you were trying to show yourself images so your mind could grasp it, what images would you use that you are most associate with?
Old 25-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Master
[quote=davidsun]Yah - as stated by Jane Robert's Seth (among many others) "The 'point' of 'power' is (always!) 'in' the present."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJL1BpqBm1A

The real issue then becomes "Just what are you working/playing 'out' by way of attitude and intention now ... right here? This 'in' the 'moment' choice is what determines the shape/set-up/nature/enivironment of your future there(s).

[/quote]All of time affects all of time all of the time according to science, and in Spirituality there is no time so linearity is pretty much redundant. As far as I can tell - the possibility of false memories accepted - consciousness can literally go back in time. And the road to hell is paved with good intentions. We don't know for sure David, and in this existence we never will. For my own experience the worst of acts has had the best of outcomes, so perhaps the best we can hope for is doing what we ourselves believe to be the right thing at the time.