Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Deactivated Account

Lightbulb Did You Receive the Holy Spirit When You Believed?

I make reference to the following scripture; Acts 19:1-7

"And it happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the inland country and came to Ephesus. There he found some disciples. And he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” They said, “Into John's baptism.” And Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”
On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking in tongues and prophesying.
There were about twelve men in all."

Did you receive the Holy Ghost when you believed and were baptized? Do you know yourself to be a Christian yet have doubts and troubles with interacting with the Holy Spirit? Perhaps, you missed a step!

The scriptures say that you are to be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. All remission of sins comes only through the name of Jesus Christ who gave his blood that man being inhabited by the garment of sin may lose that very garment and receive the Holy Ghost and enter into a process of metamorphosis.

Perhaps you were baptized the wrong way, maybe baptized in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit. Now, these names as we know are titles and by scriptural search and revelation, we find that the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ states that he Is one with the Father (John 10:30) and further in John 8:58 that He is the I AM THAT I AM. Then we take a look at 2 Corinthians 3:17 stating that the Lord is the Spirit. And so we see that Christ Is the Father, Christ is the Son Jesus and Christ is the Holy Spirit; One God and three manifestations. And it is in His name we ought to be baptized.

We understand the fall of Adam as removing the garment of Christ and donning that of Sin and all born under this are born with the garment of sin. Jesus Christ coming forth and dying for our sins sees us having a chance to retain that Christly garment that makes us "gods", and to do this, we must first identify or shall we say connect directly to the death of Jesus Christ. By the right of the covenant made in His blood, identifying oneself with Christ in his death guarantees us to have life with him. And his precious blood taking away the coat of sin, we come out of the water wearing Christ, as the scripture states in Galatians 3:27, that as many of us have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. And by faith in Him, we receive the Holy Spirit.

But who can baptize you in the name of Jesus Christ? Let's take a brief study of three cases; St. Paul had the Holy Spirit and baptized many, St. Peter had the Holy Spirit and he baptized many, and St. Philip had the Holy Spirit and we see he baptized the prominent eunuch from Ethiopia. It follows then that one who can baptize must have the Holy Spirit.

Where one can be baptized can be seen in the scripture John 3:23 which talks of being baptized in much water.

It is Christ's desire that we all have the Holy Spirit, for the good news of the Gospel has this fact as the spearhead; that we can once again fellowship with God as did Adam in the beginning.

Blessing of peace and guidance to you, through Christ the Sole and Complete Godhead; may His Spirit touch you. AMEN.
Old 26-09-2019, 10:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton

"And it happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the inland country and came to Ephesus. There he found some disciples. And he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” They said, “Into John's baptism.” And Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”
On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking in tongues and prophesying.
There were about twelve men in all."

Did you receive the Holy Ghost when you believed and were baptized? Do you know yourself to be a Christian yet have doubts and troubles with interacting with the Holy Spirit? Perhaps, you missed a step!

The scriptures say that you are to be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. All remission of sins comes only through the name of Jesus Christ who gave his blood that man being inhabited by the garment of sin may lose that very garment and receive the Holy Ghost and enter into a process of metamorphosis.

Perhaps you were baptized the wrong way, maybe baptized in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit. Now, these names as we know are titles and by scriptural search and revelation, we find that the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ states that he Is one with the Father (John 10:30) and further in John 8:58 that He is the I AM THAT I AM. Then we take a look at 2 Corinthians 3:17 stating that the Lord is the Spirit. And so we see that Christ Is the Father, Christ is the Son Jesus and Christ is the Holy Spirit; One God and three manifestations. And it is in His name we ought to be baptized.

We understand the fall of Adam as removing the garment of Christ and donning that of Sin and all born under this are born with the garment of sin. Jesus Christ coming forth and dying for our sins sees us having a chance to retain that Christly garment that makes us "gods", and to do this, we must first identify or shall we say connect directly to the death of Jesus Christ. By the right of the covenant made in His blood, identifying oneself with Christ in his death guarantees us to have life with him. And his precious blood taking away the coat of sin, we come out of the water wearing Christ, as the scripture states in Galatians 3:27, that as many of us have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. And by faith in Him, we receive the Holy Spirit.

But who can baptize you in the name of Jesus Christ? Let's take a brief study of three cases; St. Paul had the Holy Spirit and baptized many, St. Peter had the Holy Spirit and he baptized many, and St. Philip had the Holy Spirit and we see he baptized the prominent eunuch from Ethiopia. It follows then that one who can baptize must have the Holy Spirit.

Where one can be baptized can be seen in the scripture John 3:23 which talks of being baptized in much water.

It is Christ's desire that we all have the Holy Spirit, for the good news of the Gospel has this fact as the spearhead; that we can once again fellowship with God as did Adam in the beginning.

Blessing of peace and guidance to you, through Christ the Sole and Complete Godhead; may His Spirit touch you. AMEN.

No, I received nothing, I already had what I needed...
Old 27-09-2019, 02:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No, I received nothing, I already had what I needed...

Sky doesn't think God has anything to give us
Old 27-09-2019, 05:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Sky doesn't think God has anything to give us

Oh ye of little faith DM

Read my answer using your wisdom, rather than just your eyes
Old 26-09-2019, 10:34 PM
MAYA EL

It is a man made book and it's nothing but allegories/ representation and not literal things that actually happened. I was raised in an extremely Charismatic Christian cult atmosphere full of people getting slain in the spirit and bumping their gums thinking they were doing something special but this is all within the imagination and so created by the imagination.
Old 26-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Experiencer

Prior to reading this post, I didn't even know what being baptized meant. I knew it was something good, and therefore, I wanted it for me. It seems silly for me as a Christian to not know such a thing. I read upon it a little and now understand it as a welcoming into the Christ family. But now knowing what it means, makes me want it even more.

I have prayed for baptism, without really knowing what it was. Now that I do know, maybe my prayers can be answered. As I struggle trusting the human church, I don't quite know where to turn to to obtain this baptism. The answer is upwards. I must look to God, Christ, and the Saints that watch over us. It is 1:11 as I finish writing this :)
Old 27-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
Prior to reading this post, I didn't even know what being baptized meant. I knew it was something good, and therefore, I wanted it for me. It seems silly for me as a Christian to not know such a thing. I read upon it a little and now understand it as a welcoming into the Christ family. But now knowing what it means, makes me want it even more.

I have prayed for baptism, without really knowing what it was. Now that I do know, maybe my prayers can be answered. As I struggle trusting the human church, I don't quite know where to turn to to obtain this baptism. The answer is upwards. I must look to God, Christ, and the Saints that watch over us. It is 1:11 as I finish writing this :)

Why would you pray for something that you don't understand ?

If you look into the ritual of Baptism according to different Denominations you will see it varies, you don't need to go to a Church but can do it yourself. Early Christians performed it in the desert, alone and in solitude.
Old 27-09-2019, 06:11 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Why would you pray for something that you don't understand ?

If you look into the ritual of Baptism according to different Denominations you will see it varies, you don't need to go to a Church but can do it yourself. Early Christians performed it in the desert, alone and in solitude.

I just had it in my heart to do because I believe in God and Jesus Christ and it is something written about in the Bible. I didn't actually take the time to learn about its meaning until now, but knew in my heart it was something I wanted.

Thank you for sharing about the early Christians. For now, I will hold off on doing it on myself. I want the time to be right, and I want it to be performed by the right source.
Old 27-09-2019, 03:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton

Christian Baptism came from Judaism.

But Christians are suppose to be baptized in the name of the Father, the Sun, and the Holy Spirit. The person is suppose to be submerged in running water. If there was no running water, they could just be submerged. If there is not much water, they can be sprinkled. The latter route is what most Churches took.

As for baptism in the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit...... most Christians do not seem to believe this let alone believe in the fruits of the spirit.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 27-09-2019, 05:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Christian Baptism came from Judaism.

But Christians are suppose to be baptized in the name of the Father, the Sun, and the Holy Spirit. The person is suppose to be submerged in running water. If there was no running water, they could just be submerged. If there is not much water, they can be sprinkled. The latter route is what most Churches took.

As for baptism in the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit...... most Christians do not seem to believe this let alone believe in the fruits of the spirit.

' But Christians are suppose to be baptized in the name of the Father, the Sun, '

Love it