Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 30-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Tabitha

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnnn1

But I still cant get over the Catholic miracles, do they not prove it is the truth?

Depends how you define a "miracle", and also how well and independently authenticated these "miracles" are.

I've had some absolutely "miraculous" events happen in my own house, that have defied all currently known scientific laws, as have many people. But I don't think that proves that I or anybody else holds an exclusive ticket to the "true" faith, or path to God, or whatever. I don't think any so-called "miracle" proves anything, in particular.
Old 30-10-2011, 07:23 PM
duckstar

having faced something similar recently i can honestly say listen to the people on this forum because they really care about you their advice is second to none, dont be pushed around by anyone, this may be a little off topic for you but i have had alot of peace working through all this, Xan posted this on a thread i started recently and it really helped http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9765#post99765
I hope you can find some peace and could i add that people that are putting this fear into you do not have your best interests at heart, let it all go and start again, blessings to you and i will be sending my best wishes and thoughts to you at your time of need
Old 30-10-2011, 08:26 PM
donnnn1

Thank You very much
Old 31-10-2011, 02:22 PM
mattie

You Are NOT, NOT, NOT Going To Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies Angel
...The people who did this to you are no Christians. Christianity preaches love, acceptance and forgiveness. Does that sound like a wrathful God to you?

Some factions of Christianity use fear heavily.
My parents were Southern Baptist. Their Southern Baptist church (a main one in our city) heavily used the fear of roasting in hellfire & brimstone. Southern Baptists are the largest Protestant denomination at 16.3M. Baptists in general make up 100M of 670M Protestants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...r_of_membe rs
Interesting chart in wikipedia article showing the development of Christian sects.

The view of real Christianity you describe reminds me of former Episcopalian Bishop John Shelby Spong’s work about God & Jesus’ genuine message. Spong has written about this & tried to get church leaders to return to this message of love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies Angel
You are NOT going to Hell!

Can't be said enough.
Old 31-10-2011, 05:01 PM
donnnn1

Thank You very much, you are loving caring people on here!

So even though marian appiritions showed visions of hell, and many other catholic miracles such as incorrupt saints, lourdes, guadeloupe and padre pio it doesnt mean im going to Hell and that God is evil?

edited by staff
Old 31-10-2011, 05:54 PM
iolite

Quote:
Fundamentalist Christians have really messed my head up big time. Im am worried about going to hell and have a sickening fear of death.

They have also told me that Jesus will come and send all other religions to Hell.

I hate this fear, is Christianity and the bible the only real truth?

No, that's what the Fundamentalists believe, but all religions are roads that end up in the same place. It is a shame that there is so much fear in a Fundy Baptist Church. Religion should be a celebration of life, God (or whatever you call the source) and the journey.
Old 31-10-2011, 10:06 PM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Fundamentalist Christians have really messed my head up big time. Im am worried about going to hell and have a sickening fear of death.

They have also told me that Jesus will come and send all other religions to Hell.

Fear seems to a common use with extreme Christians - I have had Catholics telling me that I would be saved if I join their church, and stop being Pagan.

But really, instead of listening to what others say, look deep into yourself, look at your relationship with Jesus and God. I have absolutely no doubt that they love you, and Mary too. In fact, I think Mary is quiet concerned about this fear that is being placed upon you.

Also whether if Christianity and the bible is the absolute truth, is also completely up to you - faith should be a personal thing. Only you know what is the truth, so look into your heart.

Also, the talk about you going to hell...are you? No. To me, Hell is a term used to scare people into doing what others think is "right" and "good".

What kind of visions of hell is being shown to you? Are you sure it is from Mary or the Saints? Maybe you are feeding you own fear, but interperating what is hell to you - as I certainly do not think Mother Mary would show someone hell, I think she would certain do the opposite. Perhaps it is time, to attempt to ignore the fear and look at personal piety. Also call upon Archangel Michael, for any protection as well. :)

All the best XXXXXXXXXx
Old 02-11-2011, 08:40 PM
donnnn1

Thanks again, the ONLY thing holding me back from having a wide range of religious views that would provide me with happiness is the Marian appiritions and miracles! That is all and it really annoys and angers me!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
slave of Allaah

Quote:

I believe those who respect/bow down for the Truth and die as such will go to Paradise regardless of their religion.

But if I follow the Truth just because it happened to be with my people or to show off therewith and have fame, I would go to Hell regardless of my appearance and claim.

The Truth doesn't accept partners to Itself. Either I accept the Truth because It is that It is, or I will be ignored and rejected.

I have had hard times with my family because of the Truth (and I realized the sad result that we are muslims by name only, not real ones), but I have reached more peace when I isolated myself to be alone most of the time (eventhough I am living with my family and going to the Masjed 5 times/day, but my 90% mode is "alone with myself").

Peace.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:25 PM
donnnn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave of Allaah
I believe those who respect/bow down for the Truth and die as such will go to Paradise regardless of their religion.

But if I follow the Truth just because it happened to be with my people or to show off therewith and have fame, I would go to Hell regardless of my appearance and claim.

The Truth doesn't accept partners to Itself. Either I accept the Truth because It is that It is, or I will be ignored and rejected.

I have had hard times with my family because of the Truth (and I realized the sad result that we are muslims by name only, not real ones), but I have reached more peace when I isolated myself to be alone most of the time (eventhough I am living with my family and going to the Masjed 5 times/day, but my 90% mode is "alone with myself").

Peace.

Hello, nice post and thank you. What do you view as the truth if there is so many religions?

And what about Islamic miracles? Is there any like Christianity?

Btw my favourite person of all time is a Muslim, Muhammad Ali. He believed truth is in all religions.