Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 03-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingTheShift
Hello Life,

The sharing comes from the heart and joy one feels when the ‘vessel’ is filled with the Light of the Creator. Holding back, not sharing, is what would be disingenuous.

I can only speak for myself… I am happy to share whatever tidbits of light I am blessed to receive. I ‘receive’ fulfillment by the act of sharing. I share because I wish for others to find their joy, their light.

If a ’light’ shines for another when I share then I am pleased, if it does not, I have still chosen to share and can only hope at some point the sharing may be of use. I am not judging myself as to whether the sharing is successful or not but that I did my best to share the Light.

Love, hugs, hope and blessings.

This is nice. I'm enjoying the whole thread, ty~*

Old 04-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Thank you. Of course it's a deep topic... and attempting to present something with such depth in a succinct way is difficult. I'd like to know about your experiences and delvings into this matter.

It is deep and I agree it's very difficult to be succinct.

I've done some serious study in this area, mainly regarding healing and esoteric systems of energy and existence, but also some classic text study. Studying Netivot Shalom/Beresh*t by the Slonimer Rebbe, a chasidic text that is heavily and primarily kabbalistically inspired, has been a beautiful, enriching, and deeply moving experience (All politics aside, he died before any of that unpleasantness occurred and I can only say as a man of God, surely he would never have condoned any discrimination in his name). As has studying the classic texts, such as the Zohar and the Sephir Yetzirah, etc., though I've surely just scratched the surface.

I will just say that what comes to mind in what you have written are the levels of human development, the corresponding levels of a nation's development, the patriarchs, and the qualities they embody or represent. It's all there in your discussion of giving and receiving. I will continue at a more reasonable hr :)

peace & blessings,
7L
Old 06-11-2011, 04:23 AM
Pathfinder

In AA they say, "You can't keep it unless you give it away."
I think through sharing your belief you strengthen your belief.
It solidifies what you believe when you teach it. I had a psychologist put it to me this way "I teach what I learn, and I learn what I teach."
The idea behind that is everytime you teach another person what you've learned, you are also repeating the lesson to yourself. I think that's what it means by sharing the light to receive fulfillment.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:19 AM
Timbrel

I am a student of Kabbalah for a few years now, and over and over I wonder something similar to what you are asking. I think the trick is to be able to see the motivation of our giving and the balance in our giving from a higher perspective. Whenever one of my teachers talks about "receiving for the self alone" I wonder if I really comprehend that phrase because I honestly FEEL like I want very much to give for the sake of another. I have felt that way for a long time. But, in retrospect, I am beginning to see selfish motivations that were not apparent to me in the past. As a result, I am becoming more balanced in the giving process, something that needed to happen. I hope this is making sense.
Old 13-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Yamah

It makes perfect sense, Timbrel. To quote Verbal from The Usual Suspects, "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist." The Yetzer Hara exists in all of us and if you don't see it, that doesn't mean it isn't there... it just means it's hiding.

One of my favorite Ba'al Shem Tov stories:
A couple came to the Ba'al Shem Tov, saying they have been trying to conceive for years and years but they could not get pregnant. They asked the Ba'al Shem Tov for a blessing to help them conceive. The Ba'al Shem Tov naturally obliged. That night, an angel came to the Ba'al Shem Tov in a dream.

The angel said "How could you give that couple a blessing to conceive? God had decreed, through His Wisdom, that the couple should not have a child but now, since you gave them a blessing, God will have to overturn His decree. As punishment for not using your foresight you are now no longer allowed in Heaven after you pass away."

The Ba'al Shem Tov awoke in the morning with a stricken look on his face. Then, slowly, his face started to brighten up until, eventually, a large smile grew across it. He leapt out of bed and gave a shout of joy, then ran outside laughing and dancing. The angel of God came down to him again.

"Um... you did understand what I told you right?" the angel asked, "You're banished from heaven. Forever".

The Ba'al Shem Tov answered "Yes, and thank you! This is the most wonderful gift ever!"

"How is it wonderful?" the angel asked, puzzled.

"Because", he answered, "for my whole life I served God but I always wondered if maybe I was just doing it for the sake of a reward. Now I know that I will have no reward but I STILL want to serve God! Finally it is clear to me that my motivations are pure."

The angel shook his head with amazement. "Ok, Ba'al Shem Tov, you're back in."
Old 14-11-2011, 11:06 AM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
It makes perfect sense, Timbrel. To quote Verbal from The Usual Suspects, "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist." The Yetzer Hara exists in all of us and if you don't see it, that doesn't mean it isn't there... it just means it's hiding.

A couple came to the Ba'al Shem Tov, saying they have been trying to conceive for years and years but they could not get pregnant. They asked the Ba'al Shem Tov for a blessing to help them conceive. The Ba'al Shem Tov naturally obliged. That night, an angel came to the Ba'al Shem Tov in a dream.

The angel said "How could you give that couple a blessing to conceive? God had decreed, through His Wisdom, that the couple should not have a child but now, since you gave them a blessing, God will have to overturn His decree. As punishment for not using your foresight you are now no longer allowed in Heaven after you pass away."

The Ba'al Shem Tov awoke in the morning with a stricken look on his face. Then, slowly, his face started to brighten up until, eventually, a large smile grew across it. He leapt out of bed and gave a shout of joy, then ran outside laughing and dancing. The angel of God came down to him again.

"Um... you did understand what I told you right?" the angel asked, "You're banished from heaven. Forever".

The Ba'al Shem Tov answered "Yes, and thank you! This is the most wonderful gift ever!"

"Because", he answered, "for my whole life I served God but I always wondered if maybe I was just doing it for the sake of a reward. Now I know that I will have no reward but I STILL want to serve God! Finally it is clear to me that my motivations are pure."

I very much support this noble idea (regardless of the truthfulness of the story).

One should be satisfied with Hell and enjoy serving God for He is God.

Alllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahhhhhhhh

That is the real Paradise for me.

Thank you Yamah.
Old 17-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:

I really like this. LOL...esp the part abt God having to overturn his decree...and the lumps the Besht had to take as a result, in order to bring him to a higher level...and LOLs that the angel didn't foresee it, but rolled with it nonetheless.

So don't wonder...just DO. Then no place is hell and all places are heaven.

Thanks for sharing
Old 21-03-2012, 04:19 AM
sbjazzman

Receiving is about allowing - making oneself a clear channel for the will of the divine to fill one's cup. We spend way too much time resisting what is a natural organic process by inhibiting with feelings and thought of unworthiness.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:25 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone0728
In AA they say, "You can't keep it unless you give it away."
I think through sharing your belief you strengthen your belief.
It solidifies what you believe when you teach it. I had a psychologist put it to me this way "I teach what I learn, and I learn what I teach."
The idea behind that is everytime you teach another person what you've learned, you are also repeating the lesson to yourself. I think that's what it means by sharing the light to receive fulfillment.

Right on. Wield it and Yield it.
Old 17-12-2016, 03:25 AM
Guide

Thanks you all for this beautiful discussion. In my Days I discovered it compared to the energy of water pouring through my hands; the letting go and receiving and holding were the same thing. Meant to be grasped with open palm.