Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 20-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Master
Sounds a good plan, Tilia.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
I am fully aware that this is more than likely my intollerance... but i wonder, why do people who are not pagan any other time of the year celebrate the summer solstice?

My FB page is full of people saying "who's celebrating tonight?".. but i bet none of them even know what or when Imbolg is, let alone celebrate it....

I know, probably me being grumpy... so I'll grump off......
Most of those people are posers. Not to act like pagans have a monopoly on celestial based holidays, because they surely do not. But most people who flock to Stone Henge are more of a "tourist" than a person who really knows the various meanings behind the event - or would even celebrate it outside of Stone Henge.

And yeah, I agree, many such people wouldn't know Oimelc if it bit them in the face lol.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:48 PM
tragblack

Solstice means a few things to many cultures all over the world. It is not a solely Pagan thing.
Old 21-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Master
Thankyou everyone for educating me more on this :)
xox
Spiritlite.
Old 21-06-2011, 04:38 PM
LightFilledHeart

I don't call myself a wiccan or a pagan or any other "an" or "ist". I've studied the religions of the world and arrived at my own spiritual path which is individual and suited specifically to me. I'm very comfortable taking what resonates with me from any and all mind-sets and applying it in my personal life. I've never been much of a "joiner", nor do I need the approval of others to feel comfortable in my beliefs.

I'll be doing ritual that feels right and appropriate to the occasion in the privacy of my back yard tonight, and whatever anyone else does or doesn't do is fine with me
Old 21-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I don't call myself a wiccan or a pagan or any other "an" or "ist".
I've studied the religions of the world and arrived at my own spiritual path which is individual and suited specifically to me.
I'm very comfortable taking what resonates with me from any and all mind-sets and applying it in my personal life.
I've never been much of a "joiner", nor do I need the approval of others to feel comfortable in my beliefs.
I'll be doing ritual that feels right and appropriate to the occasion in the privacy of my back yard tonight, and whatever anyone else does or doesn't do is fine with me

Well said!

I go to Stonehenge because it's the place I'm drawn to and have been for years.

Life commitments meant I had to wait and with my first experience I'm glad I did!

I've just got back from my 3rd Summer Solstice there and I don't go because I'm pagan or otherwise, just because I'm drawn there.

I'm neither a drunk nor a stoner. I smoke ciggies and bring my ends away with me and I see others who do the same!

I can't speak for those who do differently, that's their choice.

It means what it means to me, regardless of what it may have once meant, still means, doesn't mean anymore.

Happy Solstice to you all regardless of your beliefs

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 21-06-2011, 08:38 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
Well said!

I go to Stonehenge because it's the place I'm drawn to and have been for years.

Life commitments meant I had to wait and with my first experience I'm glad I did!

I've just got back from my 3rd Summer Solstice there and I don't go because I'm pagan or otherwise, just because I'm drawn there.

I'm neither a drunk nor a stoner. I smoke ciggies and bring my ends away with me and I see others who do the same!

I can't speak for those who do differently, that's their choice.

It means what it means to me, regardless of what it may have once meant, still means, doesn't mean anymore.

Happy Solstice to you all regardless of your beliefs

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

(((((((((((((Jo))))))))))))))))))))) I've been to Stonehenge too.. what a magnificent experience that was! Most all my spiritual leanings/knowing is based on experiential events, not on what I read in books or what another has experienced. I find the path to God to be an inward one, and very, very individual
Old 21-06-2011, 08:39 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
Solstice means a few things to many cultures all over the world. It is not a solely Pagan thing.

Correct