Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Seeker

Curses from a Christian standpoint?

I was online the other day and I saw someone talking about something called 'The Satanic Bible' by Anton Lavey. I just wanted to know what Christians thought about it?

The book includes 'rituals' which seem to be used to bring about destruction to an enemy or for finding a sexual partner.

From a Christian point of view, what do you think about this? What are the consequences of doing these? Do they work? Does it put your soul in jeapordy? Is it illegal? What are your general thoughts about it?

Thanks and God bless
Old 24-02-2018, 11:57 PM
Experiencer

wow when I read your post my first initial reaction was a satanic bible that explains rituals to bring about destruction-scary. I do believe that satan is evil and he is doing everything he can to bring people to hell with him,just as I believe Christ is good and doing everything he can to bring people to heaven with him.

in all honesty, as a person who believes in Jesus Christ-I would not want to attempt these rituals because I don't know if they would work but I do nto want to find out.

ive had a much better outcome in my life when I pray to God
Old 25-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Master

From the Christian point of view the only book that reveals truth and can be relied on is the Bible, the real one, not the Satanic Bible. There is a lot of false teaching and the only way you can defend yourself against it is to be familiar with the truth contained in the Bible.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Seeker

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I understand what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
I would not want to attempt these rituals because I don't know if they would work but I do nto want to find out.

I feel the same. Does anyone know if they work? Or if there are consequences? I think as 'spiritual people' we should know about it.
Old 25-02-2018, 07:41 PM
Master
From this perspective, I'd stay away from such an evil 'bible'. My guess is, it'd work but you'd be putting your soul in danger. I can't remember the exact reference, but in Revelation it describes what happens to those who associate with Satan and carry out evil deeds. Also, in the long run, Satan and company don't really support you like God does.

What I would do is seek forgiveness and blessings from God and live in such a way as to join Him in Heaven.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 25-02-2018, 08:08 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
My guess is, it'd work

I just think that this is the kind of thing edgy teenagers would do. Do you really think they have the power to do that? Would they be to blame? Or rather the person who published the method of how to do it? Is it illegal?

I agree we should stay on the side of God.
Old 26-02-2018, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattvicmonkey
I just think that this is the kind of thing edgy teenagers would do. Do you really think they have the power to do that? Would they be to blame? Or rather the person who published the method of how to do it? Is it illegal?

I agree we should stay on the side of God.

I too can see some teenagers doing this sort of thing.

If what Anton Levay wrote is like a step by step guide for these rituals, etc. then anyone who knows how to follow instructions can do it. This is a moral/spiritual choice so to place blame, it would be on people who chose to carry out such instructions. The first blame would be on Levay for writing it which is legal because it exists which must meet laws to keep the publisher in business. In my opinion, it is immoral for it to be written and published.

I'm no expert in law but as far as spiritual matters are concerned, it comes down to morality as one could claim the right of spiritual practice (aka religion) which is guaranteed in countries that allow different spiritual practices. From that perspective, it's legal.

Is it illegal? Depends on what you want demons to do for you and if you cross the line to break laws. Can you control demons by following what's in Levay's 'bible'? I highly doubt it. A demon would most likely go along with whatever you do to lead you away from God, afterall they're grand deceivers.
Sooner or later, you'll realize you have no control and I doubt there's something like a trouble shooting section in his 'bible'.

So yes, it's legal and doable. Beware the consequences.

Yours in the Light.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)