Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 04-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Experiencer

I've been doing some forgiveness exercises in a program I purchased. But it is also free online. Here is the basis of the exercise - and I can't tell you the name of the video on this website without cursing LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX7ms2k51rE&t=1935s

Love it! Thanks! I think I'm pretty good with forgiveness though of course I can improve. I'm currently working pretty hard on being present in the present moment. And I think I need to work on thinking I'm enough. Wish I could take the biofeedback test.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
Does the way we eat affect effect? (I can't tell those two words apart) channeling? Will I be a better channel if I've been eating nutritiously? if I've avoided caffeine? If I've avoided sugar?

My diet isn't the greatest but I don't drink alcoholic beverages and the only caffeine I have is in chocolate. I eat junk food (aka snacks) every day. I don't buy organic food as it's too expensive. I'm deadly allergic to some of the healthy food so that's out of my diet.

If you're going to make any changes to your diet, I suggest no tea and/or coffee but be prepared for withdrawal symptoms. White refined sugar is a healthier choice over the artificial sweeteners as those are chemicals which is harder for our body to process. Natural raw sugar is healthier over white sugar. Learning about the different sugars and sweeteners is a huge subject which requires a fair amount of reading from those who have no vested interests in promoting products.

Having said that, I believe our diet has no affect on our channeling abilities. If you were to change your diet, it'd be for another reason.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 05-02-2018, 03:32 AM
Experiencer

I appreciate those of you who have commented on this thread. It takes energy to do that, and I know that expending energy can sometimes lead to tiredness at the very least. So thank you for expending energy on my behalf.

I also appreciate when people share views. That can take courage, and such sharing is also a gift. If I end up not agreeing with your view, that does not mean I do not appreciate that you’ve shared it. One of my usual ways of functioning is to try on what others say. Their dialogue gives me something to test myself, my situation against, and I find that process very helpful for ultimately deciding what I think. By the way, I may disagree with what you say and be flat out wrong. In all cases, I thank you for sharing your views.

Although it may be that eating some sugar might not effect channeling, I think that being as out of whack as I am, does effect it, because it effects my chakras. I say this because I just read in the chakra book today (title mentioned above in an earlier post) that when the lower chakras are out of balance they interfere with experiencing the higher chakras. "You may still get glimmers from the higher chakras," the book says, or it says something like that, "but you can't sustain it." And that's what's happening to me! I think that in order to be able to channel whole paragraphs and pages, I need to keep my vibration level high, and I don't think I can do that with a whacky second chakra. So, I will continue to work on that chakra and try to be patient and be with what is.

And if I’m wrong about this, I sure hope the universe hurries up and corrects me and gets me channeling!

I've been doing 3 minute meditations, and I think they are beginning to make a small difference. Today I was feeling defeated about the whole eating thing, but then I did a three minute meditation and I feel hopeful again. I will find a way through this when I do.

Thanks again to all of you for being your loving selves.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:23 AM
Master
You're most welcome and after all is said, in the end it's your decision as you know what's best for you. If you keep working towards achieving your goal, you'll get it.

All the best to you on your journey.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 06-02-2018, 12:19 AM
Master

Ditto - you should just always take what you want and leave the rest LOL.

I do remember that when I was just starting to learn to channel, I was also doing a lot of emotional work, and dealing with unemployment. Once I cleared out my main emotional issue, which was rejection/abandonment, and I did some other work on my emotions (forgiveness being a part of that) , and changed some beliefs, then I was able to channel. It took maybe about three to four months. I don't think I could have channeled before then. And then when I did channel, I wasn't asking to at that moment in time.

So in can sneak up on you.

It will happen. Be patient. They have all the time in the world :)
Old 08-02-2018, 12:16 AM
Experiencer

I think my second chakra is balanced! I'm back into my good eating. Back on track. I think it was the 3 x 3's that helped. Not sure how...maybe by providing some psychic support a few times a day? But things FEEL different...I'm no longer thinking or even wanting sugar. Yay!

Finished reading the 3 x 3 book (Madly Chasing Peace and Proof of Heaven, which is the book by the neurosurgeon. Still so many awesome books to read.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:25 AM
Experiencer

Maybe we can eat badly if we aren't attached to it? I was definitely attached to my sugar. I could eat 6 pieces of pie in one day! If they were in the house, they were history. But I am back to eating wonderful leafy salads with awesome stuff like celery and humus and olives and corn and mushrooms and and and and. I adore my salads.

I had gained 18 pounds. I didn't know until the other day when I finally weighed. Now I've dropped 4 of those pounds. My blood sugars are still a little high in the morning. 112 today. But I am with what is.

And I exercised for the first time in a month!..maybe 2 months?

I am living in my heart chakra at the moment and it is awesome. I hope to stay here. Blessings to everyone...I feel loving and loved and want to pass it on.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:45 AM
Master
Oh wow, Dee.

I didn't know you ate that much sugar in a day. I'm glad you got it beat and that you lost some weight. When I read how much sugar you went through, I thought back when I had no control over sugar. At the time, I wasn't into spirituality but I did take green barley (but for another reason) which broke my sweet tooth.

Congratulations! You'll be channeling before you know it.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:19 AM
Experiencer

Yeah. It's pretty amazing how much sugar I could eat. I was doing really well for more than a year and then something switched and I went crazy again. But now I'm back on track. So glad. I knew all that sugar wasn't good for me.

It's a good thing I like salads. I LOVE salads.

What is green barley? How did you take it? Capsules? A drink?
Old 10-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Master

Good for you! Happy to hear you are doing well.

Confessions of a former sugar=holic :) I could up your pie and eat the cake too.

For me, there was definately an emotional component, and no off button.

I can say I'm a lot better now. I actually didn't buy any Halloween candy this year (which is a first for me), because, you know, Halloween candy is for passing out to the kids - except we stopped passing out the candy to the kids a few years ago, but I didn't stop buying the candy Just a bag and sometimes I shared LOL.

I'll share what helped me, but we are all different and food issues I think are so different for everyone. When they are tied to emotions it is difficult to get a handle on, and I am not perfect.

Last year I tried the Dr. Berg's Intermittent Fasting, but before that I had (I thought) stopped eating sugar. I used sugar substitute in my coffee and I didn't eat bread. But I did eat a lot of take out and packaged foods and there are hidden sugars in a lot of that stuff.

When I started the intermittent fasting, the first phase I tried was just to stop snacking. I was a snacker. I was so hungry when I came home from work I would eat and eat, there was this hole I was tring to fill up (at least that is what it always felt like). I don't know where it came from, or why. I was just starving, but I could eat and there was no off button.

With the intermittent fasting, the 1st phase is to just eat 3 meals a day and no snacks, but there is no restriction on what you can eat. So I told myself, I am not going to change what i am eating, and I can save my snacks for dinner. Sounds awful, but thats what I did. Instead of snacking when I came home, I saved my snacks for after dinner. And when I was hungry, I drank water. And who knew, I was thirsty. Once I had some water, the hunger went away. I think I was so out of touch with my signals, I didn't realize I was thirsty instead of hungry (I was not a fan of water.)

Oh, and I stopped eating breakfast. When I heard I didn't have to eat breakfast, it was like a lightbulb went off. There was a time in my life i never ate breakfast. I just wasn't hungry for breakfast. That was the time when I didn't have a weight issue, or a sugar issue. Then all the diets tell you you must eat breakfast, or you'll be too hungry later on, so I started eating breakfast.

I stopped eating breakfast, and ate lunch and dinner (and my snack directly after dinner) and that was the start to getting control of the sugar. Because I wasn't spiking insulin 5 times a day, just twice, all the sudden I wasn't hungry between meals, and sometimes I wasn't even hungry at the meal.

I couldn't eat as much - I would get halfway through dinner and I couldn't finish it.

Phase II is no sugar. No sugar and anything that turns into sugar (breads, pastas, cereals, rice, potatoes (starchy carbs), alcohol, etc). I had no idea carbs turned into sugar - maybe I forgot along the way somewhere, or maybe I never heard that before.

And in order to get more potassium to help my liver, you have to eat 7 - 10 cugs of vegees per day. That's a lot of vegees.

So I did my best. I am still a work in process.

What I found was, I starting tasting food again. Once I took the sugar away, my vegees tasted awesome. I really couldn't believe how good my food tasted.

So I am on the same journey with sugar. It is finding things to replace the sugars that is the key. I didn't have a problem not eating bread, because it's ok, but I could take it or leave it. My sister, on the other hand, craves bread and anything that is bread, and it is much more difficult for her. My thing is sweets.

Eating lots of salads and good fats and (limited) amounts of protein is really what our bodies are designed to eat. All the other stuff is processed and hard for our bodies to figure out what to do with it.

Here's another video from Dr. Berg. (Oh no, not another video!) He has so many videos on sugar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7fHYSyvxU0

but it explains why potassium is so important, and if I don't eat enough vegees, I don't get enough potassium and my food is stored as fat - yikes.

So cheers from a sugar-holic - it is getting easier for me, but it only takes me eating one thing that is loaded with sugar, and back I go to square one again. That is my take-away from the holidays. I was doing great, until I made an apple pie. What was I thinking??? Then I was back on the sugar wagon again. It's like alcohol. Some people can have a drink and take it or leave it and some people can't. I'm like that with sugar, I think. It is instant cravings, if I allow myself to eat that thing...

Oversharing again....