Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
It isn't to do specifically with physical beauty. Anyone with a strength that stands out as 'different', tends to experience the extremes of hate or love - people either want a piece of that 'thing' for themselves, or they want to destroy it.

Intelligence, sociability, fame, financial fortune, wisdom, all will attract the lovers and haters.

Learning to hide brings a quiet life.

I'm not sure why or how you're relating it to ego-consciousness.

I never said any of that. If you disagree with my statement, show exactly where. Please don't put words into my mouth.
Old 23-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Ivy

Classic... that was my response to the op, not to you.
Old 24-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Experiencer
It's an interesting thread indeed!
I would guess that one of the things you need to master in life is how to elevate your vibration in order to keep low vibration people (jealous, haters) away. To me it could be your fears that are in the way and that feeds precisely the people who love to hate you. I'm assuming I understood what you wrote... I could be wrong.
Old 25-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetOfIndra
1. Having a clear/clean ego and the feeling experience of having it soiled by others who naturally pick up this resonation, and because they are not on a path to clearness - may have numerous destructive reactions toward you. Also, when you care about your spirit - you care about yourself. You can look attractive and well kempt, clean and handsome if you are male, or pretty/beautiful for a female. Not everybody is attractive, and I understand this. But it is a real issue and I've suffered a lot inside myself, internally because I was afraid to go near/address these issues for fear of being labeled conceited, full of myself, ashamed...shameful...whatever. It tends to arouse negative reactions in people that can't have honest discussions about it. I often find that when I'm feeling particularly attractive, or taking care of myself
There is a saying - "It's as bad to take offence as it is to give it." Someone also said that we have infinite choices but in the interaction what choices do we make, do we choose to take offence and do we choose to give ourselves to someone else's misgivings? You can choose to take on the labels that others give you or not, and if you do then all you're doing is giving them power-over you. Time to think about personal empowerment. Nobody makes us feel ashamed or anything else, it's us that has chosen to feel that way. Yes their words may be cutting but that's because we've allowed them to cut and it says something about us, just the same as their words say more about them than it does us. If there is offence in their words then it's because we've chosen to take it, another option is to take it as a learning opportunity. You can become authentically empowered and stay true to yourself or you can be a prisoner to other people's reactions to you. We are all aspects of the Universe experiencing itself and being there for each other's 'lessons'.

Quote:
*I also want to open up the subject of karma. Everything is cause and effect; can other peoples negative karma affect us, even though we haven't done anything (a cause) to cause our self to be the subject to this effect from another person: say a mean angry parent that inadvertently takes it out on his child, or teaches that child who is innocent, to without knowledge, emulate the characteristics of this parent...which will in turn cause this child negative karma throughout their lives. ..

Not meaning any disrespect but sometimes we take a short-term view of karma, causes often have very long-term effects and this is one example, although it's not down to just karma itself. Perhaps the child in this case will emulate the parent and it often happens, but then the child may well understand how it feels to be beaten and in later Life make the choice to not put their children through that. Being honest I'm not a fan of positive and negative karma, those are often human judgements that are based more on personal acceptance. Beating a child can be perceived as negative karma but what if that cause has the effect of the child becoming a parent that doesn't beat their children? A beaten child can learn empathy and compassion for another the same as a reformed junkie can make the best drugs counsellors, because people have gone through the experience are the ones who can truly empathise with another.
Old 25-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Master
I wouldn't worry about it much, haters and lovers are all out there, and they have affects, and trying to be immune is futile, attempting to control it is futile, and there's no other option but just to do my thang...

This is a saying I took from a movie I watched "the world will tell you who you are, until you tell the world"
Old 25-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Knower

Good conversation. One day I was lead to realize that most people I know or am around are like me. Living in a place of fear and lack, in lives that we don't always understand, being filled with influences we do not want for ourselves. That really opened my eyes and heart. Gem, your post was a gem!
Old 26-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Hello, I'm no expert. Just a lay person here writing honestly about what are my experiences, thoughts and questions I may have regarding this subject...
I'd like to open up discussion from spiritually minded about such things; and how we can handle them and acknowledge them, without shame, without embarrassment.

Namaste

I enjoyed this thread for its psychological insights and like to thank the poster for opening this thread.

The ego is charecterised by strong likes and dislikes, conditioning, and this is bound to provoke reactions,some of which are quite stupid, unnecessary and counter-productive to good relationships.

I am glad that you are striving to overcome your conditioning, and beginning to perceive things as they really are.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 26-10-2014, 08:20 PM
NetOfIndra

I'm just checking back in with this thread, and liking all the wonderful responses that have been added.

I am glad that so many people have found interest in this topic and what the thread is about; it seems to resonate with lots. So that is good I'm glad that we can talk about this openly and am warmed by the responses. I can't sit and type out all the things I want to say right now, but I'll do it later, when I can dedicate the time adequate and deserved.
Just posting back. A lot of good advice here, and thanking the posters who have gave me their advice on things. I take it to heart I do, and I am trying to grow honestly with the honest and down to earth feedback that is given. Thank you.
Old 30-10-2014, 02:16 PM
VisionQuest

Quote:
It seems like no matter what you do you get attacked.

To understand this ......

Read: The Mystic Path To Cosmic Power by Vernon Howard ; and Self Unfoldment By Disciplines Of Realization by Manly P Hall

It will become clear as to "why" this is~
Old 30-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Knower

I keep returning to this thread. I like the subject. It seems that most people I encounter, who seem hostile to me, always tend to brighten a little more when I am honest with them and tell them that I came to a point in my life that I just wanted to be healed and nothing else. Most people need healing so much in this world and they fear that they will never be. We are all sunbeams, even when someone pulls the curtains to block the light. Stay strong people! Back to work for me.