Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Pathfinder

Techniques for my inner quest

Hi everyone.
I have just lost my job and I know it is my fault. Having these towers falling suddenly is a bit wearisome. The main problem is whenever I am in a job part of me is always going on at me that I should be doing something else. Then life as you know it drops like a pack of cards. Unfortunately for my self I have a very keen interest in the mysteries, but I need to pay the bills. Sometimes its difficult to mix the two. Also it seems i meet fewer people to discuss spirituality. Weird it seems to most people.

That was just a brief intro to my situation. Here comes the question(s). Has any body got into the 'now' and felt they got answers to there questions. Has anyone got any techniques for entering the abyss and coming out again with answers. I have read that when you receive your answers it is a knowing which cannot be expressed as it is something else. I believe we are all part of the one force, but I am always left with the one question. What am I meant to be doing? Why am I here? It doesn't make sense that we are here to work and pay our taxes. That's not a life. ....and if we are all Gods....what happened. I obviously have my own views on all this and have had several experiences...but I feel there is something missing. Nothing like losing your job, getting a stinking cold to remind you of who you are. Hence me trying to find some practical techniques to help find answers to some of my questions

I'm new to the forum so please excuse my writing style. My thoughts just kind of jump out.

By the way I have had some major experiences but something in me isn't shifting. Something somewhere is banging its head on the wall saying...is he blind, is he deaf...cant he see....cant he connect. Perhaps I dare not take that leap. Is it true that Love is the only truth?

Love and light to all.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven7
Hi everyone.
I have just lost my job and I know it is my fault. Having these towers falling suddenly is a bit wearisome. The main problem is whenever I am in a job part of me is always going on at me that I should be doing something else. Then life as you know it drops like a pack of cards. Unfortunately for my self I have a very keen interest in the mysteries, but I need to pay the bills. Sometimes its difficult to mix the two. Also it seems i meet fewer people to discuss spirituality. Weird it seems to most people.
I dare say a lot of us are in this situation.

Quote:
That was just a brief intro to my situation. Here comes the question(s). Has any body got into the 'now' and felt they got answers to there questions. Has anyone got any techniques for entering the abyss and coming out again with answers.
A straight enough question but difficult because we who have ventured into the nightside may wonder if you mean what we think you mean. I have connections to a certain Caribbean spirituality and had a post deleted last night almost certainly because I mentioned it so I'd better not describe certain contemplative and astral practices here!
Quote:
I have read that when you receive your answers it is a knowing which cannot be expressed as it is something else. I believe we are all part of the one force, but I am always left with the one question. What am I meant to be doing? Why am I here? It doesn't make sense that we are here to work and pay our taxes.
Quite right. That's the system that we're born into and it took a hold when religion reigned and promised us that this life-frittering drudge called work was good for the soul and we'd go to a better place we die (as long as we obey the priests).
Quote:
That's not a life. ....and if we are all Gods....what happened.
Very true but at the dawn of religion (which perhaps goes back to the earliest days of humanity when shamans realised they had powers and were the real forces behind communities), power-hungry people spotted the potential behind the teachings of luminaries and turned Holy Books into government. To make that work those "leaders" had to stamp out gnostic-styled beliefs and people (who believe we are spirits caged in human bodies - which we are, basically) and anyone who didn't believe in their stream. It's happening in the middle east to this day.
Quote:
Hence me trying to find some practical techniques to help find answers to some of my questions
Have you considered "pathworking" based on the Kabbalah/Tarot? It'll involve meditation/contemplation (much on the astral) but will lead you to answers within yourself if those answers exist at all. It may not suit you but as it's a long-term practice and has developed over a couple of centuries (and been used by many seekers) it isn't just a fad.
You could also have a look at Yoga but beware the faddish instant enlightenment stuff you see on the web.

Quote:
I'm new to the forum so please excuse my writing style. My thoughts just kind of jump out.
Spontaneity is all right by me!!

Old 05-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Ivy

Seven7, I recognise how you feeling, as I've felt that way myself at times.

But the questions you're asking are a bit like asking if anyone has any tips about being born, living and dying again - when life is such a long journey, through which you'll find yourself in many different places, that no one tip is enough. Instead, you just have to make the journey, trip up a few times, learn from the trips and keep on going.

Tai-chi is interesting, in that, unlike meditations where one sits still, it shows us that our physical movements and the energies of that inner journey, are not separate. In this way, it seems to me, to be a practise of living in the world upon a spiritual journey.. rather than having work life, social life, family life, spiritual life as all separate.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven7
Nothing like losing your job, getting a stinking cold to remind you of who you are.
Which pretty much answers all of your questions.

I've always tried to find the right questions, and if the answers are wrong then the wrong questions have been asked in the first place. And yourself can be quite a mystery. I stopped asking what I am meant to be doing because that never brought any answers that made any sense. If I was meant to be doing something else then I would be. So I asked myself what I am doing and my Life clicked straight into place.

"God has never - anywhere in the Bible - promised to answer these questions: Why? Where? And When?
But God hears and answers these questions beginning with How? Or What? These questions sincerely seek wisdom and guidance."
Robert H. Schuller
'Turning Hurts into Halos'

Try something. Sit yourself down and relax, then ask one simple question. "If I never existed in the first place, how different would it be for everyone around me?" There you will find your answers.

And yes, there is nothing like losing your job and getting a stinking cold to remind you of who you are but that's not the end of it. Who you are is also the same one who can weather the storm and go forwards and can find what it takes to do that. You can turn you hurts into halos.

I'm not a fan of truth, it's relative to one's own agenda as far as I can see and one person's truth is another's nonsense. But Unconditional Love in action? Oh yes.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Suspended
Religion is all about Control. You must shut up, and just do your job. You are not being paid to think. The rich families you serve, need their Cocaine.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Pathfinder

I have read all these posts and I will get back. Thanks for your input. I'll reply later whenits quiet here. Nice to have a space when I'm answering you all.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Pathfinder

Pondering.

By the way I wrote a long reply to everyone and it seems to have vanished. Bad internet connection?

I've had some really powerful moments out there and it makes you think. You know, am I on a mystical path or an occult path....anyway I'm on some kind of path. sometimes when your at your wits end...something happens and blows you away. You just know there is something else...and then sometimes you get stuck in the mud of this planet Earth and you loose yourself. Funny how losing your job and having a fever puts you in such a receptive state. Its a bit like playing catch up. Your soul goes here I am. Then if your not careful you go running back into the Earth life, job, bills, kids,relationships and you get lost again. Then something happens and you remember all the other stuff again. Any ideas how to hold the balance between earthly matters and my spiritual self. it would be nice to be paid for just being me. I'm open to any ideas anyone has...or is anyone else in this situation or perhaps been there.

I tend to believe what I have experienced. I then think I know a truth. Not sure why I said that...well you know you can read and read...but when you experience something....your thoughts change. I'll mention some of these experiences at a later date.

An awfully huge amount of love...and believe me there is such a big lump of it around that you'd vanish in it.
Old 20-10-2014, 01:29 AM
Master
seems like your using spirituality as a way to run away from your current situation. can't blame you as its easier to fool yourself into believing that your on some "path" than to face your failures.
Old 20-10-2014, 01:59 AM
Master
I'm not one for answers, but I just say what I think for better or worse. Too bad about the Job, I hope it'll make way for brighter things, and may your fever pass soon.

I haven't found a work life and a spiritual life are compatible, so I try to balance them out... often a work life is incompatible with a physical life, too, if one is in an office job. Lately I've been working physically, though.

I find ways, like when I'm the train to work I close my eyes and do a bit of meditating, and on the way home too, and I try to spend an hour a day at least for some quiet introspection.

Well, good luck in whatever it is you decide to do.
Old 20-10-2014, 10:30 AM
Pathfinder

Reply to Gem

Hi Gem
Thanks for your kind words. I believe if your on the path you have chosen to be there and once something is set in your soul you cant turn back. The other reply mentions that being on the path is a cover up for failure. Unfortunately I wish things were that easy. We have the practicalities of living which can sometimes cover up the truth to what we really are. I don't believe we are here just to work and pay taxes. The old saying of 'Know thyself' speaks volumes. It is my choice to try and find out about life's mysteries. It's just those questions that always pop up. Who am I. Why am I. What's it all about? Does anyone else have that in the background and would like some answers to their questions? I have heard that what I seek is Gnosis(knowledge). Anybody come across any types of practice which help experience Gnosis.

By the way. The fever has left me. Now into my third week looking for work....and my spiritual quest carries on. Yes. I know. I already know all the answers. I just have to get me out of the way to see them :-)

Always love and light