Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Badger1777

Finding the time

When I was young, free and single, I used to meditate a lot. I used meditation to train myself mentally and spiritually for such leisure activities as astral projection, a bit of telepathy, and dare I say it, some blatant magic (I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed to admit that my main technique for attracting the attention of the opposite sex was for me to plant the idea in their head that it was them and not me that wanted to break the ice).

I'm a settled family man now. I have no interest in using 'headology' to attract the attention of others, but I'd still like the focus and clarity of mind and soul that I used to have, but with a wife and two kids wanting (and deserving) my attention, I struggle to find the time, and so am becoming a tad rusty. Sometimes I struggle to get as far as lucid dreaming, which is one of the easier tricks.

I can't be the only family person on here. How do others find the time for both a proper family life, and their own spiritual activities?
Old 09-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
(I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed to admit that my main technique for attracting the attention of the opposite sex was for me to plant the idea in their head that it was them and not me that wanted to break the ice).
That's possible?! If I'd only known that 40 years ago.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's possible?! If I'd only known that 40 years ago.

Well, it worked about 8 times out of 10, and I was never the best looking lad, or the best dressed, or richest or anything, so there must be something in it.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Lorelyen

It's a perennial problem, finding time. Also location. One of my associates keen on ritual is in a position akin to yours. With a family now, he's frustrated by having no room to devote to ritual work and solitude being rarer than hens' teeth. He's adaptable though, a bit like me fitting things around work and social engagements as best we can.

I'm not one to boast about attraction or anything - well, I'm perfect apart from the conceit but I haven't had to spell others into attraction.
Then, I'm a Leo and these things come naturally!!!!

Old 10-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Master

Hehe... at some point in life I must have cast a 'mindspell' of deterrence... I'm pretty impressed at how successful it was too... only one crazed lunatic of a man managed to infiltrate my bubble of deterrence haha, bless him.

I'm a parent too... work plus young kid and general family life... hmm... sometimes I leave for work a bit earlier if I need some meditative time... I've learnt The art of condensing my previous hour longish daily meditation into about a 20 minute morning completely awake session a few times a week.
Sometimes needing to go to the toilet gives me a few minutes of pondering time haha, I've often heard people say that some of their best insights came to them during those times hehe.

I have to get up pretty early for work, often before The kid is awake, I often use that time for a bit of meditation... I get quite anxious so I try to slot it in whenever I get a quiet moment...
Yes, silence is golden when your a parent... take it wherever you can get it lol
Old 10-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Badger1777

Thanks for the input all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I'm not one to boast about attraction or anything - well, I'm perfect apart from the conceit but I haven't had to spell others into attraction.
Then, I'm a Leo and these things come naturally!!!!

I'm Leo too, but the male lion is a lazy one. When I was young and single, I tried the conventional approach, but that's hit and miss, especially when you can't think of a good opening line.

Its easier to just let someone else think it was all their idea

The trick is remarkably simple. We all know that somehow we can just tell if someone in the room is looking at us, even if they can't see us doing so. Now my trick was not to stare on my 'target', as that would be creepy, not to mention unneccessary, but I figured that for us to know when someone is looking at us even without being able to see them doing so, it can only be some sort of telepathic connection on some level. Equally, many will admit that we can pick up vibes off one person in a crowd, if that person is giving off strong enough vibes, such as if they are maybe trying to conceal something, are planning something significant, or are in a hostile mood. Having figured these two things, I figured if you put the two together, only instead of letting your 'vibes' do their own thing, totally uncontrolled as most people do, you focus it and channel it and shape it to how you want, then you can get a simple message across in the form of an idea or a feeling. No words or anything, just an idea. Once you've chosen your 'target' you don't even have to look at them. You just have to know that they've picked up your incoming vibe, which you can just know if you're sufficiently clear of mind. Then the channel of communication is open, even if you can't actually see each other any more. Its like a phone line, either party can close the connection at any time, and each party will just know if the other has done so. Then you just 'feel' that they want to come and speak to you, then casually relax into the furniture, looking casual and innocent and nonchalant, drink your drink, and even make a great show of seeming pleasantly surprised when they come over and say hello.

It backfired on me one time though. My chosen 'target' turned out to be vastly more in tune, and powerful, then me. The instant she 'answered' my vibe, she spun round and immediately locked her eyes on me from across the room. She then held my focus for as long as she wanted, and there was nothing I could do about it. It felt like she'd pulled my soul out through my eyes, had a good rummage around to see what I was all about, decided she wasn't interested, and let me go. It was immensely amusing, after my head stopped spinning
Old 10-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Guide
Before I sleep and when I wake up are pretty well the only moments I have for such things.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Master

Hi Badger1777

If time is scarce, that means it is precious.
If it is precious, then when you can 'steal' some, it may intensify the experience.
Therefore you may need to be clever and rise early to do your meditation before the family activities begin. Doing this will also permeate the family environment and set the tone for the day, and it can be a real service to your family as well as a progressive practice for yourself.

If you find you really don't have any time, another approach is to consecrate all your actions during the day - as much as consciously possible (which is actually a form of meditation) - to the Divine as a service to the Divine in those with whom you interact, including your family. This is known generally as 'Karma Yoga', which I invite you to investigate if you haven't already. Writings on this subject that I would recommend as being of a high quality and quite useful include those of Swami Vivekananda, and Sri Aurobindo.

~ J

Old 10-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Experiencer

I'm quite busy with work, expanding my life, finding time for exploration, socializing, planning and all sorts of everyday things. Don't have a family though. Couldn't do it without meditation, I think the trick is to keep meditation going at all times. I do it by intensely focus on anything in my surroundings, pull in my thoughts and constantly imagine everything. It's become a habit of my mind and I can't stop it, wouldn't want to either.

I use spiritual concepts for complex life management though, what better way to enjoy life than to love doing things you gotta do anyways. You don't find time, you make time. Set aside some, you also deserve your attention.

Can relate to planting ideas. Had a girl hooked for several hours, it was amusing because I knew she wanted to make out. I was intentionally trying to see how long she would last and sent out the subtlest cues I could conceive of, she gave in eventually and just did it.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Knower

They are not mutually exclusive

I serve my family ....I don't tell them that....but it is my internal attitude....it helps to keep me in a spiritual frame of mind.

I have always viewed tricks...some call them gifts....as a detraction to forward progress in any spiritual path....my view is, if they come ; they come...but if to much attention is paid to them .....they will keep you where you are...you will tread water.
I pay little attention to the things that come....I don't want them...I observe it and let it go....let it use me ...not I it.
This attitude just kind of asserted itself on me...it just happened

Love
acorn