Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-10-2014, 03:02 PM
VisionQuest

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven7
Hi Gem
Thanks for your kind words. I believe if your on the path you have chosen to be there and once something is set in your soul you cant turn back. The other reply mentions that being on the path is a cover up for failure. Unfortunately I wish things were that easy. We have the practicalities of living which can sometimes cover up the truth to what we really are. I don't believe we are here just to work and pay taxes. The old saying of 'Know thyself' speaks volumes. It is my choice to try and find out about life's mysteries. It's just those questions that always pop up. Who am I. Why am I. What's it all about? Does anyone else have that in the background and would like some answers to their questions? I have heard that what I seek is Gnosis(knowledge). Anybody come across any types of practice which help experience Gnosis.

By the way. The fever has left me. Now into my third week looking for work....and my spiritual quest carries on. Yes. I know. I already know all the answers. I just have to get me out of the way to see them :-)

Always love and light

Read "The NAg Hammadhi Library" by Glen Robinson ..... then PRACTICE 3 years day and night, working or not, and you will make your Divine CONNECTION. You will be confused by much of the text, that is not important, your HEART and MIND INTENTIONS are of most importance!

Start with The Gospel of Thomas!

I know more than one who has AWAKENED from this starting point!

But beware: Once you START , do not Turn back! Finish what you begin at all costs! This is not for the merely curious ...... what is sweet medicine to one is deadly poison to another. DO NOT MISUSE THE DIVINE!
Old 20-10-2014, 06:16 PM
KevinO

We are basically perception here. So all understanding is seeing something more clearly and placing it into context with what we already are willing to see.

So long story short, look at your situation in terms of where and when you are, absent judgment. Give it a good look and be willing to accept the answers.

Life is complex, we are not.
Old 21-10-2014, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven7
Hi Gem
Thanks for your kind words. I believe if your on the path you have chosen to be there and once something is set in your soul you cant turn back. The other reply mentions that being on the path is a cover up for failure. Unfortunately I wish things were that easy. We have the practicalities of living which can sometimes cover up the truth to what we really are. I don't believe we are here just to work and pay taxes. The old saying of 'Know thyself' speaks volumes. It is my choice to try and find out about life's mysteries. It's just those questions that always pop up. Who am I. Why am I. What's it all about? Does anyone else have that in the background and would like some answers to their questions? I have heard that what I seek is Gnosis(knowledge). Anybody come across any types of practice which help experience Gnosis.

By the way. The fever has left me. Now into my third week looking for work....and my spiritual quest carries on. Yes. I know. I already know all the answers. I just have to get me out of the way to see them :-)

Always love and light

I don't know if I chose the path or not, and it seems more like something that is influenced by everything (which some might frame as 'guided', I guess). However, I make the decisions where I must, having a sense of self determination, and life goes on.

Path and failure? I suppose life is a series of successes and failures, or you only fail when you quit or a quitter never wins and winner never quits... it's just a framework or a way of seeing. One bloke might consider something to be a huge failure while the other bloke considers it to be a learning opportunity... In the end, no one can say what it is for you, so that comment might be relevant to the commenter, but it's nothing to do with you...

I agree that know thyself speaks volumes, and to me, it's the whole meaning of life, so to speak. I think who am I and why am I are nonsensical questions, but they are still the most relevant questions. Teehee.

I see Gnosis as insight, like when you have those little lightbulb moments of realisation of some irrevocable truth. I think it takes a calm and quiet and kinda dreamy state of mind, and occasionally, ding, a light comes on, like that state of mind that poems come from, a kind of mood that allows for inspiration.