Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 11-11-2011, 12:28 AM
patient heart

how do you meditate?

How do you meditate?
Guided? Not guided?
Curious what others do and works for them...open to any and all types of ideas!
Old 14-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by patient heart
How do you meditate?
Guided? Not guided?
Curious what others do and works for them...open to any and all types of ideas!

Hi Patient Heart .

I would say not guided and without music .

I have tried many ways and sometimes If your mind Is easily swayed then a guided meditation would suit an Individual If that makes sense .

Meditation In my eyes Is building the bridge between what you think you are and what you are .

Sometimes many may feel that any mindful focus that Is not on the self Is just a distraction but sometimes we need a distraction to take our minds away from other distractions he hehehe

x dazzle x
Old 15-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Kristine

I usually try when going to sleep at night listening to the TV and looking out my window at the moon.
Old 15-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Administrator
Hello

ONLY one works for me where I can stay pressent and in the body without Spirit or Astral Travel being an issue.

Guided in a way in that its a wonderful combination of sounds.

Quartz Crystal Bowls and a Native Drum with at times a bit of sining mixed in. WONDEROUS ! Take it outside to the lake and lay on the grass and coming out of meditation just as the stars start to come out OMG.

Now its too cold for outside but now its in an old Heritage House that is haunted .

Lynn
Old 18-11-2011, 12:51 AM
patient heart

I've been doing guided because i am still new and easily distracted by life around me...kuds, dogs etc...
I did try last time there was a full moon to meditate outside although nice and peaceful i was still distracted by critters rustling around...
In my mind i see a successful mefitation like getting list in your focus and shuttibg out the world...crazy???
Old 18-11-2011, 02:06 AM
JimmyTheTulip

Personally, I sit in a comfy chair, no guidance, no music. But I do wear ear plugs to try to block out neighbors, dogs, my wife, and the TV in the other room. Actually I did try using music with binaural tones laced underneath it and it was an interesting experience...very vibrational...
Old 18-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Pathfinder

Main focus is to keep a clear mind for as long as you can.
Old 19-11-2011, 10:56 PM
aura5000

Easy, find a quiet place, preferably somewhere you are comfortable. Switch off mentally this world of chaos, (can take some time!) look for silence, NO! not without, within, study silence, it should equate peace, when you find this sacred place within, gaze in wonder at worlds way beyond recognition in this mundane life, the journey will begin to places unknown, (or are they?) brace yourself for a roller coaster ride with no barriers, no safety stops or brakes, the further and deeper it takes you is the reality of your being, your very existence, go further? dare you? go for it....
Old 19-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Medium_Laura

guided and just binural beats.