Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Xemaroth

Saw some interesting stuff while meditating.

While meditating this evening, for the first time I had seen some rather unique things while meditating.

After some time meditating I saw what appeared to be a shark swim in front of me, then stopped what appeared to be directly infront of me, and I was seeing into it's dark eye.

I just went along with this, and carried on meditating. Next thing I suddenly see two big eyes looking directly infront of me, I believed these to be Owl eyes and some of the face of the owl.

As before, I did the same, I just carried on.

The final thing I saw was a wave of the color light blue, I believe this could very well be the color of my aura.

During all this I didn't feel fear, just curious.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Koko_0191

Wow.. That sounds wuite amazing.. Do you think the animals you saw could be guides or totems?

I've seen some interesting things while meditating recently too. I hope you dont mind me sharing? =)

The last time I meditated I saw the following:

A place with a purple-ish sky, there was also a large old tree.

I just carried one as normal and I saw a mirror with a dark bark border.. then I saw a silver pendant with a teardrop/type crystal coming off it... When I saw these, it was sort of like I was still in the place with the purple sky.

After that I just saw someone's boots walking.. just walking walking.. on a normal street.. They were a camel colour industrial type boots.

I don't know what any of it means but it sure is amazing seeing it. =)

Blessed be.

xx
Old 04-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Xemaroth

What you saw does sound quite interesting.

Animal guide or Totems.. Could be either.

Another idea which I came up with is maybe it's the start of finding ones place and meaning. Since when taking into account both natures of said animals I do somewhat share their natures.

A shark is an opportunist, and also if needed strategizes it's attacks and is said to be somewhat emotionless.

While an Owl is the animal that represents knowledge and a constant want to learn, and is nocturnal so is affiliated to darkness and the night.

And with me, I share some of these traits. I suffer from suppressed emotions and don't show much sympathy to anyone. - I go like to strategize and enjoy games like Chess which require a great amount of strategy.

And like the Owl I enjoy learning, if a question pops into my head, I will dig around till I come up with an answer, or theorize one based on what I already know, and personally I prefer night time, over the day time.

Maybe I'm reading a little too much into the personality thing, but it sorta makes sense.

I too don't fully understand what I saw, but it's an honor to have seen it, and would be nice to understand it fully.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Koko_0191

Mhmm.. What youre saying definitely makes sense. And I'm sure it probably ties in with the things you saw. In fact, form what I've read about totems, that's exactly what theyre theyre for.. They bring you certain traits/ knowledge/ feeling etc.. The things the totems represent are personal to you and sit with you.
Maybe youre also seeing them jsut so you become more conciously aware of the way you are... and therefore you can learn to work with yourself or change and adapt as it suits you.. What do you think?
Old 05-11-2011, 03:49 AM
Xemaroth

My friend,

That may very well be it, with this sudden progression, maybe the next meditation sessions will hold more interesting visions and stuff.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Master
eventually you will go beyond visioning and just feel your beingness in an entirely new way...
Old 05-11-2011, 04:57 AM
nightowl

It sounds as though you could have met your power animals;

Quote:
Owl Power Animal, Symbol of Wisdom, Stealth, Secrecy, Part I

Posted By Ina Woolcott

Owl's medicine includes wisdom, stealth, secrecy, silent and swift movement, seeing behind masks, seeing what truly lies below the surface, keen sight, messenger of secrets and omens, shape-shifting. the link between the dark, unseen world and the world of light. Comfort with shadow self, moon magick, freedom, deception, clairvoyance, insight, vision, omens, Owl symbolises the feminine, the moon and the night

Owl symbolises the feminine, the moon and the night. They are the bird of magic and darkness, of prophecy and wisdom. The owl is linked to Athena. The owl is also referred to as the night eagle a messenger from the darkness and a guide through all the mysteries that it contains. They are night hunters and therefore have the ability to see what others may miss. The owl will give you the gift of seeing what is truly beneath the surface and not to be deceived by appearance.

The owl is also sometimes referred to as a cat with wings. These two creatures are linked with magic, heightened senses, intuition, and wisdom, more so than any other creature. Like the cat, the owl has keen hearing and vision in the night world - a place many fear. This fear can also make us feel uncomfortable about night creatures. The reason for this uncomfortableness is because the night is dark and symbolic of the unknown - that which we cant, or do not want to see. Humans are able to block out that which we don’t want to remember or deal with, e.g. memories with negative emotions attached to them, traumas, and accidents etc. We deny that about ourselves which we do not wish to see. When dreaming, sometimes our unconscious mind becomes conscious. However, again these dreams are forgotten on purpose. Hiding from our selves, our feelings, emotions and thoughts means we are being deceitful - to our selves. If owl has found you - they have the ability to unmask and see what is truly beneath the surface. They pierce illusion. On the flip side, perhaps you have the ability to pierce illusions and see what is really going on behind the scenes, to see what is going on in the darkness of others souls. Perhaps you have noticed that people are a little uncomfortable around you. Use this gift carefully and compassionately. It would be good for this gift to develop in all humans, for owl teaches us to look into the darkest parts of our souls and learn from this darkness.

There are circa 135 species of Owl, 17 0f which are found in North America. They come in all sizes, from a tiny miniature that lives inside the cactus in the desert, to the great horned owl - the only bird able to out-fly the golden eagle. To see a fully grown great horned is awe inspiring. They have furry talons that closely resemble the paws of a baby mountain lion with claws extended. Being meat-eaters means they are a force to be reckoned with if challenged, or if something dear to them is threatened. Their large and forward facing eyes gives them a wise appearance. They have a greater range of movement in their necks than any other animal with a spinal column. Owls turn their heads, not their eyes, which are stationary.

The owl is keenly aware of its surroundings. Its night vision is so powerful that it can see prey when the light is the same as a candle burning 2500 feet away. Their extremely soft, thick wings let them fly silently to swoop down on their prey. Their ability to move unnoticed teaches us how to do the same. As well as their almost supernatural eyesight, they have supernatural hearing.

Their secretive ways, silent flight and differing calls such as whistles, shrill screeches and hoots, have made the owl symbols of superstition and even fear in some parts of the world. Some native tribes regard owl as a symbol of death, whilst others will believe that they represent the mysteries of shamanism and witchcraft. Owls are sometimes believed to visit those about to die. This doesn’t so much mean a physical death as much as it means letting go of a part of you that no longer serves you. With their spectral senses, the owl helps guide us through the dark tunnels of fear, change and unknowing to the light at the other end.

Owl people generally are private complex people and don't like others to know what they are really thinking. Sometimes this can cause misinterpretations, especially in personal relationships. Owl people also often have clairvoyant and psychic abilities. People born with this power animal have chosen a path that implies a need to develop these gifts for the aid of others and they make excellent therapists, psychologists and counsellors.

Quote:
Shark Power Animal, Symbol of Fearlessness

Posted By Ina Woolcott

Sharks medicine includes the hunter, survival, adaptability, Independence, Potential, Adaptation, fearlessness, protection, power, emotional transformation, balance, clairaudience.

Unfortunately, sharks have a bad reputation as being dangerous, fearless and unpredictable. They can ignite a feeling of fear and terror in many people. (I personally have always felt afraid of sharks for some reason!) A full up and single shark is generally pretty peaceful, but in large groups they can be unpredictable and may frenzy.

To those with shark medicine, protection is offered. During our individual lifetimes, we can attract events and people we clash with. If there is a situation in your life that you need to ‘scare away’, call upon shark for help. You will be give by shark the power and confidence to fend off negative elements or get rid of them completely.

Sharks have an extremely acute sense of smell and are able to smell one drop of blood in 50 million times as much water. Having no swim bladder means they can never stop swimming or they would simply sink to the bottom of the ocean. They feel the pressure waves made by a fish in troible and are sensitive to electromagnetic currents. Those with this power animal are taught how to cultivate their own sensory abilities. Studying aromatherapy would be beneficial to those with this medicine.

The shark connects us with the creative element of life - water. Through the ages water has always been linked with emotional transformation. They reveal to us the strength of the currents of our lives and see clearly in the murky waters of the future. Observing the sharks swimming patterns teaches us how to get out of our emotional conflicts efficiently. All fish in general can teach us to adapt to all environments and streamline our lives. A fish swimming down symbolizes the involution of spirit, whilst a fish swimming up is the evolution of the spirit.

A shark in captivity can be trained to do simple tasks such as telling apart certain objects from others in the water, and can recognise the ringing of a bell for a meal. Shark people need time to themselves to remain calm, balanced and centred, or they can turn irritable, anxious and aggressive in demeanour. Meditating, tai chi, yoga and martiual arts for example bring peaxe and balnce of mind. Im not a shark person, but personally i love meditating and also kick boxing.

When shark swims into your life, this often signifies that one of the senses will be awakened - visions, prophetic dreams, or clairaudience is possible. There will be a greater connection with the spiritual realm.

For shark people, staying busy and active is very beneficial. Work-alcoholics often have Shark as a power animal. Those with shark also are often able to accomplish seemingly impossible tasks. They also often have an acute sense of smell - trust what ‘smells’ righ

These are from this site; http://www.shamanicjourney.com/displ..._spirit_guides

Great site!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:50 PM
KoKo

Wow... That's a lot of info. *reads*