Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 17-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Master
Well hellooo !! ........ here's my second attempt at oil painting ....... I hope you like it !!

This time I've had a go at painting a waterfall. I got the idea from another Wilson Bickford video on Youtube about ..... funnily enough ..... painting a waterfall !!

I wanted to show a little bit more colour in this one though, so I tried to make it look like Autumn leaves on the trees.

I liked the way the waterfall turned out, with all the splashing and spray at the bottom, and the water effect ....... not too bad for "splodge" number two !!

I'm well and truly hooked on this now, and I've really enjoyed painting both of these pictures ....... very relaxing.

More "splodges" to follow !!

Simon.
Old 17-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Master
It's lovely Simon really, I do like it. You're so right, the splashing came out just right.

I even see a wee face in the right hand waterfall - he's on the left side, looking like he's trying to give a smooch to something in the left waterfall.

Old 17-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Master
Thanks very much Kaere !!

So pleased you like it ...... Oh yes now you mention it, I can see the wee "face" too in the right hand waterfall !!

It's funny, I've been staring at this picture close up for a week now, but never saw it till you pointed it out !! ....... perhaps it's water spirits at work !! lol
Old 17-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Master
You did an excellent job on that, Soulie. You can almost hear the water kersplashing!

Old 17-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Master
Ta very much Silvergirl ....... by the way, I like that word ....... "kersplashing" ....... not one I have ever used before !!
Old 18-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Suspended
Great job Simon. I particularly like the water. Thumbs up.

I wonder if you'll be painting more water spirits...either knowingly or unknowingly.

Maybe we could do half a painting each, me with the tree spirits and you with the water spirits.

Kersplash away!!!!

Sarah
Old 18-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Master
Thanks Sarah !!

Half a painting each eh ? ....... the logistics of that could get very messy !! ....... "splodges" of paint everywhere !! ....... lol

I'll keep an eye out in case any more water spirits "pop up" in any future paintings I do !! If they are anything like your tree spirits, I will be overrun in no time !! ......... tee hee !!

Simon.
Old 19-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Deactivated Account

Good morning Soulie ! I see you slipped in another " splodge " while I wasn't looking.

Very nice waterfall picture, love the colors of the trees and especially the colors in the rocks, nice mixture ! Ohhh and your waterfall, very realistic especially like the splash at the bottom !

I can't see the faces you and Kaere mention,but I do see some other things. In the rocks on the bottom right ( left of the left waterfall ) I see a man sitting there with a straw hat on, he has suspenders and he is playing a banjo !! Quite detailed.

and in the rocks on the right side, right waterfall, towards the top... facing the waterfall I see the face of a deer ! I can see his face, his eyes his nose and his antlers, can you see it ?

cool on the water spirits ! Your painting is blessed, we aren't the only ones who like your picture .

Dreamie xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 19-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Master
Hi Dreamie

Glad you like my second "splodge" !!

Hee Hee !! ...... sorry, I can't see the reindeer, but I can see the little guy you mentioned ....... seeing as it's a Soulie pic though I reckon he is playing a Ukelele not a banjo !! ....... lol

I can also see a second face directly next to his (to the left) ...... do you think it may be some of Squatchies tree spirit folk sneaking over for a look see ?

More "splodges" to follow !!

Simon.
Old 19-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Gracey

hey soulie

the water does look excellent. seems like you are enjoying yourself doing this, and that is the best part, expression of emotions.